The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » The Value of a Dollar - New Guinn Borrowed Bill Routine (6 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6583 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
Just a heads up: The Value of a Dollar, my new ebook explaining a multi-phase professional routine with a borrowed bill, is almost completed. This is a powerful, entertaining feature routine that is used for repeat bookings of groups that have seen my Working Pro's Bill in Lemon Routine. While it also concludes with the bill to fruit, this routine is very different from my BIL. The bill changes multiple times, finally turning into a coin which then turns into a lime in midair! The lime is given to the bill's lender, who cuts it open to find his bill. Full explanation including many photos, and the complete script is included.

This will be available next week on my page at Lybrary. I'm not yet sure what the price will be--somewhere in the $10-$15 range.

I'll post again when it's available. I think this is one of the best things I've ever released.
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
Darrin Cook
View Profile
Special user
621 Posts

Profile of Darrin Cook
Wow! Sounds great. I'm looking forward to this.
imgic
View Profile
Inner circle
Moved to Seattle to see
1166 Posts

Profile of imgic
Scott b great to see you back making magic. Looking for forward to the ebook
"Imagination is more important than knowledge."
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
6583 Posts

I'm putting the finishing touches on this tonight and tomorrow. Should be available later this week.
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
Floyd Collins
View Profile
Inner circle
Ohio
1633 Posts

Profile of Floyd Collins
I was fortunate to get a copy of this routine, and I have to say WOW it packs a load of magic in one routine. I like it and will be putting it into my corporate show for sure. Thank you Scott for creating such great workers you have saved me a ton of time from having to develop my own.
Love IT!!! Will differently get some millage out of it for sure.
-Cheers Floyd
No one said it would be easy, or did they?

Check out my all new book "Chicken Scratches" visit my lulu store for more information.

http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/thecenterstage

http://www.collinscomedymagic.com
Darrin Cook
View Profile
Special user
621 Posts

Profile of Darrin Cook
Great Scott sent me a review copy of his new bill-in-lime routine, "The Value of a Dollar," (which will be available at lybrary.com) and after reading it, I paid him for it. Given the solid value of this routine, I thought it was only fair.

I am impressed by how visual and how easy this routine is. The only way this routine could be any easier would be if Great Scott were to perform it for you. Yet despite its ease, you have several very visual "Wow!" moments that will play great on stage.

If you're a more experienced performer and already have your own bill-in-lemon routine, do as Great Scott does, and use this routine for repeat customers. It's also food for thought if you're looking to add more visual "gobsmacked" moments to your current routine. And Great Scott makes a very compelling case for the serial number method.

Furthermore, Great Scott goes into the "why's" of his routine, discussing the pros and cons of various methods. He offers several alternative handlings, as well as brief summaries of both the technical aspects and the patter used in the trick. These are great aids in learning the routine. I also like that the routine has a presentation, so that it has meaning.

The bill-in-lemon is such an outstanding routine and a guaranteed closer that many magicians have put out several-hundred-dollar versions of the trick, knowing that you will fork out extravagant sums for the routine. Often the outrageous price is justified by stating you're getting a "professional routine." Well, in "Value of a Dollar" you're getting a professional routine with multiple visual moments that is easy to do--I don't see how you could beat it. You owe it to yourself to check out this routine and give it a try.
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
6583 Posts

VOD is now available for purchase on my page at Lybrary. Current price is $10. Price will go up to $15 on January 10. Thanks!

http://www.lybrary.com/scott-f-guinn-m-235.html
My Lybrary Page
marD
View Profile
Loyal user
274 Posts

Profile of marD
I just got this e-book and it is a great routine. There are many instances of magic and a lot of opportunities for byplay with the audience. Scott gives you everything. He shares his patter, his jokes (guaranteed to get laughs AND groans!), and, best of all, he explains why you do each part of the effect the way you do. He also gives you options for different ways to perform the effect if you don't want to do it exactly like he does or don't have the utilities he recommends in his presentation. It is well explained and easily understood. Definitely worth more than the price!
At Ease Tees - Christian apparel and other items!
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
8729 Posts

Profile of Mb217
How are you, Scott my friend? Smile Long time, but I see the little one is growing up, producing a lot of happiness - The real magic of it all.

Happy for you, my friend. Smile

And I see you are turning your eye a bit back toward magic…Good for us! Smile

Happy New Year!

-Mb
*Check out my latest: MBs Morgan w/ BONUS: Destiny, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
rasp
View Profile
Inner circle
1084 Posts

Profile of rasp
Is this only for American currency?
Marqus
View Profile
Special user
876 Posts

Profile of Marqus
What popular sleight should be mastered?

PM me if need be.
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
6583 Posts

Quote:
On Dec 30, 2015, rasp wrote:
Is this only for American currency?

No, it's not only for American currency. However, as I am American, I perform and explain it with American currency. If your nations' paper money doesn't work with the primary method explained, I do give some alternate methods in a section near the end of the book.

Thanks for your interest!
My Lybrary Page
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
6583 Posts

Quote:
On Dec 30, 2015, Marqus wrote:
What popular sleight should be mastered?

PM me if need be.

Sent you a PM. Thanks for your interest!
My Lybrary Page
Chicagomagi
View Profile
New user
Riverside, IL
90 Posts

Profile of Chicagomagi
Scott,
Sounds like an interesting combination of many of my favorite separate effects. Do you have a performance video available anywhere?

Also, the ad copy says that you discuss in the manuscript "where to perform VOD". Would you mind sharing that with us pre-purchase? Before jumping in I'd be interested to know if this is a walk around routine or if it's more suited for platform/parlor, or stage. Also I'd be interested in the mystery sleight that must be mastered as well. Smile

Thanks in advance.
Kent
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
6583 Posts

There are no sleights to speak of. A couple of well known moves are used but they are not sleights and are not at all difficult. This is not intended for extreme close up situations. A small group in a living room would work, but not right under their noses. I use it for parlor platform street and small home parties.

No demo video. You're paying for my presentation, routining and construction, which is kinda what I'm known for. A demo video would be giving most of that away. If you're looking for never-before-seen techniques this is not for you.

Hope that helps.
My Lybrary Page
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
6583 Posts

Just a reminder: The price of this ebook will be going up to $15 on Sunday, January 10. Until then, you can get it for only $10, so if you're thinking about buying it anyway, you might as well save $5 on it, right? Smile
My Lybrary Page
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
6583 Posts

NOTICE: We've decided to drop the price of VOD to $10 and keep it there, at least for the foreseeable future.

If you purchased it for $15, send me a copy of your receipt from Lybrary, and I'll send you a routine I haven't released on Lybrary yet. Just to show you I understand the value of YOUR dollar!
My Lybrary Page
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » The Value of a Dollar - New Guinn Borrowed Bill Routine (6 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL