We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Aronson Stack - Ideas for Use (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany ... when not traveling...
3838 Posts

Profile of JanForster
Quote:
On Jan 3, 2016, The_MetalMaster wrote:
Quote:
On Jan 2, 2016, Steven Keyl wrote:
Over the last couple of months I've been revising my Aronson material to generate new ideas and reconnect with some old ones.

I agree with Jan. "Simply Simon" is by far my favorite Aronson book, and I have them all. It's a great book, but in fairness I'll admit to holding more than a little bias as I think all of Aronson's stuff is great.

His stuff truly is. I've been performing as a mentalist for the past several years and limit myself to 1 or 2 card tricks during any performance but it is so difficult not to include FATE. It is just too good! I'm looking to modify Fate for walk around performances to the idea Simon had of including an odd backed card to force when the helper mentions their birthday. I really don't want to be weighted down with another deck of playing cards so I'm thinking of going with this option even though I believe his original version is superior.

Again I am with you! Why not try one of my approaches: use your memorized deck, cut it so that your needed bank of cards will end up near the top of the deck. Demonstrate to your spectator what you want him to do by taking cards one by one from the top of the deck turning them face up and forming a new pile... You stop after 2 or 3 cards and let him continue. Once you are near the bank tell him to stop whenever he wants. It is quite easy to make sure he will stop while in the bank. Point to the card where he stopped (the face down card on top of the deck) which "nobody knows"... As you are then "surprised" that his birthday is not today hand him an envelop to put his card in it to keep it until his birthday comes...

Of course you can do the entire dealing procedure also with all cards face down. Simply deal the top card to the table and glimpse it so that you know where are you in your stack (and then simply count silently while he is dealing). The glimpse can be extremely bold by briefly turning the top card face up to demonstrate how you want him NOT to put the cards in a new pile Smile Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Aronson Stack - Ideas for Use (3 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL