The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Magician games (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ATL
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of ATL
Where normal people when they're bored might sometimes decide to kill time by playing cards, this is not quite same for magicians. So I wonder is there any "games" or little exercises that you've come up with or know that can only be done with magicians. I'd like to collect few of these type of things here.

To give example what I mean: "I had idea of playing spot the DL with friend once after card jam. So basically you and the other guy both have deck, you turn card and other guy has to say within 3 seconds either "DL" or "Clean" and if he is correct he gets point, if he's wrong you get point, then he turns a card and it's your turn and so on and so forth until certain amount of points etc."

Also playing 3 card monte with options being card 1, 2, 3 or none of those, would be quite interesting with magicians as would cups and ball with same idea.

So if there's any other similar type of things feel free to share.
ymumagic
View Profile
Regular user
115 Posts

Profile of ymumagic
I like to play around with a memorized stack when I'm bored by going over the order in different ways, perhaps you can make a game out of it, like giving weird clues or a speed thing. Just a thought.
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
3211 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
The whole concept behind magic is that basically, you cheat. So most of those games that depend on admitting that you lost would be suspect. However, games of skill have no possibility of cheating in them- you can either do a faro shuffle or you can't, and you either do it well, or you are clumsy. Jugglers play juggling games, not just to establish who is best, but to teach and learn from one another so even a poor juggler is bound to improve in the process. That's a win-win situation because even the best juggler is acknowledged as the best teacher as well as the best juggler. My Wiz-Kids know which one of them is the best unicyclist simply by riding around and seeing who can stay on the longest, or by playing a game of basketball while unicycling, or by which of them can juggle while unicycling, and for how long before they drop something.

Peej
View Profile
New user
29 Posts

Profile of Peej
Try the shell game and sometimes I practice the classic force with a fellow beginner. Smile
Austen
View Profile
New user
57 Posts

Profile of Austen
For the life of me I cant remember what its called but it goes like this....a pile of tokens (17 not known by opposition)taking turns you can take 1,2 or 3 tokens. If you take the last token you lose. opposition chooses who goes first, the con-man never loses unless of course he wants to. the secret is simple and ohh so sweet...can someone tell me what its called please??
ymumagic
View Profile
Regular user
115 Posts

Profile of ymumagic
Hi Austen, I'm pretty sure I know what you are referring to, but I can't remember the name or where I saw it. I'll let you know if I find it.
I have no idea why, but I feel like I saw it "The Expert at the Card Table", perhaps check that out.
Austen
View Profile
New user
57 Posts

Profile of Austen
Thanks ymumagic ive..I just found it Smile its called NIM. All-tho the original game has many variations and isn't really a con, the version I know is, you can never lose as everything is not above table so to speak.
ymumagic
View Profile
Regular user
115 Posts

Profile of ymumagic
Great! were was it?
Austen
View Profile
New user
57 Posts

Profile of Austen
Ill pm you Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Magician games (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL