The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Phoenix Cups (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Charles Gaff
View Profile
Loyal user
203 Posts

Profile of Charles Gaff
After some thought and practice, I decided to go with the Phoenix II set. They are awesome! Tennis ball fits easily, which is a huge plus in my book! I really like a tennis ball as a final load, cheap, easy and visible!
Chuck Finley
View Profile
New user
84 Posts

Profile of Chuck Finley
Leo,
Thank you for clearing that up for me I do appreciate it.
Rainboguy
View Profile
Inner circle
1769 Posts

Profile of Rainboguy
It is my understanding that the original Phoenix cups were made based on a MIS-Understanding between Tom Franks and Jay Marshall. Tom apparently thought that Jay gave him permission to make those cups as the Charlie Mller Cups were out of production and no longer avaailable. Jay said that he did NOT give Tom the OK to do this....

For those who have or had the Charlie Miller Cups and have seen and handled the original Phoenix Cups it is a noticable difference in the "heft" of the Charlie Miller cups VS. the Phoenix Cups. I have not seen or handled the Phoenix II set, but everything I have seen that RnT2 has made has been outstanding.
Leo H
View Profile
Inner circle
1068 Posts

Profile of Leo H
Quote:
On Jan 13, 2016, Chuck Finley wrote:
Leo,
Thank you for clearing that up for me I do appreciate it.

You're welcome Chuck!
BCS
View Profile
Inner circle
1078 Posts

Profile of BCS
Rainboguy... Good question regarding the Phoenix Cups and their cousins. They all kind of feel the same and I like each... Out of them all, I use the TF Phoenix set the most.

What ever mix of copper that Tom had the Phoenix Cups spun in will not keep a shine, my set has a neat old world looking patina to them. The Charlie Miller set that I have turned a nice coffee color with some dark blotches (I don't want to mess with those, history behind them). The RNT2 Phoenix 2 Cups look more precise and are turning a brownish gold color (very even)... they look the closest to the Bertram Cups that started it all.

Take care,
Bruce
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Phoenix Cups (3 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL