The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Your feelings about tv show finales? (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
terryisaacs
View Profile
Regular user
110 Posts

Profile of terryisaacs
Hey everyone, thought this may be a fun topic. What were your feelings when one of your tv shows aired it's final episode? Do you have a favorite tv show that ended well or maybe awful?

I loved the ending of the US version of "the Office" for instance (never saw the original). I thought the ending could not have been better.

"Monk" also in my opinion had a phenomenal end to the series that left me very happy with the show.

"Sliders" and the original "Heroes" tv shows were cut short and so left on cliffhangers. I really wanted a resolution to Sliders so I was upset at the cliffhanger ending. Heros I thought really went down hill so I didn't care about that the show ended on a cliffhanger.

"Seinfeld" I thought was a great show. I didn't care for the finale though. It just wasn't my cup of tea.

What about you guys? Any tv shows that ended well or bad in your opinions?
"What we do in life echoes in eternity"
Overworked
View Profile
New user
45 Posts

Profile of Overworked
My favorite endings were The Mary Tyler Moore Show's finale, Breaking Bad's finale, and MASH's ending. But I think Breaking Bad's ending takes top slot for me.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Wrapping up is tough. A show that has planned an ending into the series like Breaking Bad will always be better than one which has an ending thrust upon it.

Breaking Bad was my favorite.

I think the longer a shownruns the tougher it is to wrap up. So many things you want to see and pleasing everyone is not possible.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
karnak
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut
747 Posts

Profile of karnak
Was THE FUGITIVE the first TV series to have a wrap-up concluding episode (in this case, a two-part finale, in which Richard Kimble finally catches the villainous One-Armed Man and is vindicated at last in the eyes of the law and Lt. Gerard)?
For a supernatural chiller mixing magic (prestidigitation, legerdemain) with Magic (occultism, mysticism), check out my novel MAGIC: AN OCCULT THRILLER at http://www.amazon.com/Magic-Occult-Thriller-Reed-Hall/dp/1453874836
slowkneenuh
View Profile
Regular user
After 5,278+ posts, only credited with
133 Posts

Profile of slowkneenuh
Although I have been disappointed many times with the ending episodes of TV shows,I really get aggravated with shows that I liked that have no ending because they were cancelled before coming to a reasonable conclusion.
John

"A poor workman always blames his tools"
Daryl -the other brother
View Profile
Special user
Chicago
594 Posts

Profile of Daryl -the other brother
I was disappointed that "Jericho" never had an ending.
My favorites include "Breaking Bad" and "M.A.S.H." but as far as going full circle I go with "Bob Newhart".
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I thought MASH was sort of disappointing and preachy.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Overworked
View Profile
New user
45 Posts

Profile of Overworked
I think you mean Newhart, which was Bob's second series. The finale where he woke up from a dream from his first series. I forgot about that one. That was truly one of the great endings.

Worst was Deadwood, because they never got to finish the series properly.
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2491 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
For all you "Continuum" fans, that series finished not so long ago. While I did not like the gut wrenching twist the writes put in, I did feel the show ended well and in an appropriate manner. It really did make sense.

"Haven" was another story. That show ended too well. Yes, we lost a few characters on the way, but the total tying up of all the looses ends was just too good.
Magic is like Science,
Both are fun if you do it right!
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11172 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Although there have been some good ones (and bad ones), as named above, Newhart was my all time favorite ending. One had to be familiar with both shows for it to make sense. But for those who were, the ending was a masterpiece. Greatest crossover ever. There was absolutely no connection at all until that last scene.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgdUWXf8jJk
~michael baker
The Magic Company
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Yea the Suzanne Plachette thing was perfect.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Daryl -the other brother
View Profile
Special user
Chicago
594 Posts

Profile of Daryl -the other brother
"There were 3 woodsmen, but only one of them talked" lol
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3465 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Another vote here for Newhart.

I don't remember MASH's finale in any detail. Nor Monk's.

St. Elsewhere's was somewhat disappointing, though not wholly unexpected.

Burn Notice's was pretty good, I thought.
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2491 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
Thanks for reminding me about St. Elsewhere. I thought that was a great ending.
Magic is like Science,
Both are fun if you do it right!
karnak
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut
747 Posts

Profile of karnak
KUNG FU had a pretty good four-episode series conclusion.
For a supernatural chiller mixing magic (prestidigitation, legerdemain) with Magic (occultism, mysticism), check out my novel MAGIC: AN OCCULT THRILLER at http://www.amazon.com/Magic-Occult-Thriller-Reed-Hall/dp/1453874836
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6136 Posts

Profile of motown
A more recent one l liked was Boardwalk Empire.

Not sure how I feel about Sons of Anarchy or Weeds, a couple of favorite shows.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6136 Posts

Profile of motown
I like the conclusion to Mad Men as well. Another favorite show.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
Alan Wheeler
View Profile
Inner circle
Posting since 2002 with
2038 Posts

Profile of Alan Wheeler
Final episodes of The Office
The views and comments expressed on this post may be mere speculation and are not necessarily the opinions, values, or beliefs of Alan Wheeler.
A BLENDED PATH
Christian Reflections on Tarot
Word Crimes
Technology and Faith........Bad Religion
gypsyfish
View Profile
Veteran user
383 Posts

Profile of gypsyfish
Newhart was brilliant.

The Wonder Years brought me to tears.

Justified was real good, too.

Not a finale, but I cried when Mrs. Peel left The Avengers.

I watch too much TV.
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
Quote:
On Jan 1, 2016, karnak wrote:
KUNG FU had a pretty good four-episode series conclusion.

I agree. But the very end was really, really bad.

Some of y'all might want to revisit this thread and update it. http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......forum=32

Should Breaking Bad be considered one of the best series of all time, if not THE best? Does the ending of Lost detract from its previous status? I myself have virtually stopped watching television series.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Your feelings about tv show finales? (1 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL