We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Nailed It! by Scott Alexander (34 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7~8~9~10~11~12 [Next]
MadisonH
View Profile
Inner circle
1588 Posts

Profile of MadisonH
Quote:
On Jul 5, 2016, mndude wrote:
Https://youtu.be/dtfZbqAj2fU

OMG! This poor woman got her hand impaled on the nail while helping do this trick. I don't think I'll ever risk getting this trick!

Definitely NOT Nailed It. It is literally impossible for this to happen with Scott's method. Even if you are the dumbest person on earth!
twistedace
View Profile
Inner circle
philadelphia
3772 Posts

Profile of twistedace
I really want to pick this up, but don't have the most appropriate venues to perform it in. Where are you guys performing this effect? I love the look of this and trust Scott's work 100%.
reignofsound
View Profile
Inner circle
Glasgow, UK
1780 Posts

Profile of reignofsound
Derren Brown performed a nail in bag effect at his Miracle show last night.
Wonder if it is this version.
Lseeyou
View Profile
Inner circle
1267 Posts

Profile of Lseeyou
@reignofsound heard that DB is using Jon Allen version.
MadisonH
View Profile
Inner circle
1588 Posts

Profile of MadisonH
Quote:
On Jul 6, 2016, Lseeyou wrote:

Which is the same version the Polish man used on TV and impaled a woman's hand
Nikki78
View Profile
Elite user
I impaled Dracula with
493 Posts

Profile of Nikki78
Quote:
On Jul 6, 2016, MadisonH wrote:
Quote:

Hope you don't want to "copy" his performance Smile
I'm no native speaker - please ignore the mistakes Smile
MadisonH
View Profile
Inner circle
1588 Posts

Profile of MadisonH
Quote:
On Jul 6, 2016, Nikki78 wrote:
Quote:
On Jul 6, 2016, MadisonH wrote:
Quote:

Hope you don't want to "copy" his performance Smile

Great entertainment value/ publicity! 😝
Scott Alexander
View Profile
V.I.P.
1471 Posts

Profile of Scott Alexander
With certain methods, especially under the stress of a television performance, we can mentally fog over due to nerves or whatever and we see once again the outcome. I wanted a method that was safe even under those conditions. Poor lady!
-Scott

Visit my PRO MAGIC SHOP

www.scottalexander.bigcartel.com

Website

www.scottalexandermagic.com
Emilio5639
View Profile
New user
San Diego, CA
56 Posts

Profile of Emilio5639
Jus wanted to say that I have used this effect several times, and it's an amazing effect. I have my audience on the edge of their seats, with the impending doom, and the final closure of the trick seals the deal, and it leavs them speachless. I think this is by far a great tool to add into any performance.
RC4MAG
View Profile
Special user
559 Posts

Profile of RC4MAG
Just to share an interesting compliment I got using Scott's Nailed it. The woman later told me she had seen other magician's doing this type of trick and it seemed their "props" were strange looking. She told me it was obvious I was just using a strong steel nail. Smile
sgtgrey
View Profile
Special user
Austin, TX
839 Posts

Profile of sgtgrey
I've had a similar experience RC4MAG - the conviction is strong with this one!
MBrook3902
View Profile
Loyal user
203 Posts

Profile of MBrook3902
The conviction is very strong especially with the impaling of the apple at the end.

MB
It takes 4 to 6 minutes for the brain to die without oxygen. I can fix anything in that amount of time.
acortest
View Profile
Regular user
126 Posts

Profile of acortest
I would be curious to know how this differed from Jon Allen's Pain Game, but I already own Pain Game and it is terrific so I don't see the need to invest in a new smash & stab routine. Looks great though! John's is 100% safe too.
Lseeyou
View Profile
Inner circle
1267 Posts

Profile of Lseeyou
Quote:
On Jul 11, 2016, Scott Alexander wrote:
With certain methods, especially under the stress of a television performance, we can mentally fog over due to nerves or whatever and we see once again the outcome. I wanted a method that was safe even under those conditions. Poor lady!

Jon Allen version is 99% safe.
Scott Alexander is 100% safe.

those who know/have both effects understand why.
Ypnoze
View Profile
Veteran user
395 Posts

Profile of Ypnoze
I do own both and agree with Lseeyou

Scott's is 1000% safe, no risk of any kind
With Jon's, it's safe if and only if you do everything that you have to do in order to prevent any accident and this is exactly what happened with the guy who hurt the woman's hand

For me both effects are great and I will use them both depending on the conditions
SilverMagician
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of SilverMagician
I'ver performed Nailed It in every single one of my shows since I received it. Perfectly safe, is probably one of my favorite tricks to perform because the impact is real and I don't have to worry. It's so safe I can focus on the presentation and connecting with the audience during the trick. One of my best purchases by far. I can't see myself ever taking this out of my show.
brainman
View Profile
Special user
887 Posts

Profile of brainman
I want to be honest. I owned Nailed It. I did in fact get hurt by it. It just happened - maybe my fault maybe not.it just happened.I did bleed ...yes..
Also I own Jon Allen`s version.
Allen`s can be shown really from every angle and quite near. I like it a bit more. Well. It still does not get the 100% because when you smash the bags too wildely in the standard version it COULD happen to flash something...unlikely but I work in Stand Up situations a lot.
I will find some solution for this and then finally I will be happy.
I also own some "dangerous" models and the best of them for me is still Hakan Varol`s nail - but this is no longer available I think (Had the small and the bigger version. This one was also performed many times by some pros.(TV etc.)just my personal opinion. But dangerous...

Jonathan Pendragon gave also good input on his online lecture...which shall not be overlooked.
best wishes,
T
MadisonH
View Profile
Inner circle
1588 Posts

Profile of MadisonH
I still love this and consider it one of my favorite purchases. It never fails to elicit a great response from the audience. Especially when the apple gets impaled at the end.

A reason I prefer this over pain game: Pain Game tends to have a noise issue. I saw a performer use pain game in his show recently and felt uncomfortable because as he shows the empty blocks and mixed the bags around, you could hear a slight jingling sound.
SilverMagician
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Brainman - I don't see how you could possibly get hurt with nailed it. Jonathan Pendragon's version is slightly more dangerous than nailed it if anything, and that's supposedly 100% safe as well
SilverMagician
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Also I agree the apple at the end is fantastic, and I like to casually eat the apple during the trick giving a feel like I really don't care about the danger element - great comedy if treated correctly
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Nailed It! by Scott Alexander (34 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7~8~9~10~11~12 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL