The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Nailed It! by Scott Alexander (34 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5..10~11~12 [Next]
wizardpa
View Profile
Inner circle
The New Orleans area
1011 Posts

Profile of wizardpa
Well I ordered mine ten minutes ago, and I also bought, from Scott, his expandable kit for Nailed It.

My crazy brain is already going bonkers thinking how I'm going to make Nailed it my routine. Pretty much along the same lines as I made Smash and Stab shockingly mine.
yin_howe
View Profile
Special user
Malaysia
834 Posts

Profile of yin_howe
Do I need to purchase the Expendables Kit as well in order to perform it?
"Talent without passion is talent wasted.."
https://www.youtube.com/user/yinhowe80/
Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2473 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
Quote:
On Jan 13, 2016, yin_howe wrote:
Do I need to purchase the Expendables Kit as well in order to perform it?

No, this is just a refill package, you can buy them online yourself or from Scott if you don't want to hunt for them.

For those buying from us in the UK we will provide the links to UK sources for the refills.

www.saturnmagic.co.uk

#theshopwithstock Pleased to be different!

FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/saturnmagic.co.uk
MadisonH
View Profile
Inner circle
1575 Posts

Profile of MadisonH
I cannot wait to get this. It fools me big time while watching Scott's penguin lecture. It's by far the cleanest Roulette routine I've ever seen.
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2298 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
Hey guys,

Alex here.

I don't normally like Spike style routines, but Scott nailed me with this, after watching his Penguin Live Xmas Extravanganza where he demoed it, and I was completely fooled and baffled.

I ordered this from Murphys, and they will be receiving this sometime next week.

This is how a Spike routine should look.

Once I have received it, and everything, I will post a detailed review on here.

Literally, cannot wait.

Thanks

Alex Alejandro
PRESET by Alex Alejandro & Dan Harlan now available for a special introductory price!
SolidSnake
View Profile
Special user
534 Posts

Profile of SolidSnake
Was massively interested in this until Jonathon Royal reviewed it.
There is no holy grail!
wizardpa
View Profile
Inner circle
The New Orleans area
1011 Posts

Profile of wizardpa
I have not seen this review, but I have 100% confidence that this will be a real winner in the way I will present this in my show.
Emilio5639
View Profile
New user
San Diego, CA
56 Posts

Profile of Emilio5639
What's the delay at penguin magic, it was pushed another week. Thanks for the help Chris.
MadisonH
View Profile
Inner circle
1575 Posts

Profile of MadisonH
Quote:
On Jan 15, 2016, Emilio5639 wrote:
What's the delay at penguin magic, it was pushed another week. Thanks for the help Chris.

The delay is slightly annoying. I purposefully haven't preordered simply because I feared there would be further delays since each one is hand made by Scott.

Hopefully it will be in stock soon so I can order it!
AlexanderG
View Profile
Veteran user
No more and no less than
360 Posts

Profile of AlexanderG
Can anyone say whether this is suitable for close-up? Thanks.
Sashac
View Profile
Inner circle
1018 Posts

Profile of Sashac
Quote:
On Jan 18, 2016, AlexanderG wrote:
Can anyone say whether this is suitable for close-up? Thanks.

Not made for that... I'd say they'd have to be at least 4 meters away. This isn't one of those versions where the spectator is onstage with you throughout, but if you have some stones (given, not much) then they could smash their hand down instead of you; but not recommended.
MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Instead of practicing, I made
3010 Posts

Profile of MaxfieldsMagic
4 meters? Hmmm. So do you feel then that this wouldn't be suitable for daytime busking, unless perhaps you have established a large circle at that distance? This looked quite convincing during the Penguin lecture, and I don't recall the camera being that far away. Then again, sometimes things don't look quite the same on camera.
Now appearing nightly in my basement.
Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2473 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
A normal distance that anyone would be sat watching your show at as shown in the demo would be just fine.
www.saturnmagic.co.uk

#theshopwithstock Pleased to be different!

FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/saturnmagic.co.uk
Nikki78
View Profile
Elite user
I impaled Dracula with
493 Posts

Profile of Nikki78
I ordered the bottle version via one of my favourite magicshops and I hope it will arrive soon. I wanted to order it directly from Mr. Alexander's shop but unfortunately I haven't received any feedback (I wrote a mail via the contact page - shame on you Mr. Alexander Smile I guess you were too busy with your new release)

Personally I prefer the look of the bottle version but this nail version looks very good, too!

Cheers
Nikki
I'm no native speaker - please ignore the mistakes Smile
Scott Alexander
View Profile
V.I.P.
1471 Posts

Profile of Scott Alexander
Nikki78 I don't think I got your message. Hmmmm. Glad it is on the way.
-Scott

Visit my PRO MAGIC SHOP

www.scottalexander.bigcartel.com

Website

www.scottalexandermagic.com
Scott Alexander
View Profile
V.I.P.
1471 Posts

So......OFFICIALLY the dealers will be getting this on the 27th FO SHIZZLE. I had a gig that the presses had to stop for, but all the units have been sent to the dealers TODAY.

I have a few left ready for immediate shipping here.
http://scottalexander.bigcartel.com/product/nailed-it

As far as proximity....
I did this in the Close Up room at the Castle with people sitting two feet away, and at the Penguin lecture they were maybe three feet away. You can do this anywhere. It is like a thumb tip. You feel guilty because you know it is there, but the audience has no idea what they are looking at.

As far as stabbing yourself....
You CAN NOT stab yourself because even if you do for some weird unforseen reason, forget to take the doo-dad, from the hoo-hah, the brass rankofate, is not sharp. But that is not likely because you visually confirm the doo-dad is removed before proceeding to step two. Those who have this will know what I am talking about.

Really glad so many people like this. I have sent out quite a few from my sight to users, both well known and unknown who are simply thrilled with it. But even better is that no body is gonna end up with a spike thru their hand. That makes me very satisfied.

Scott
-Scott

Visit my PRO MAGIC SHOP

Website

Scott Alexander
View Profile
V.I.P.
1471 Posts

Sorry...my website had it listed as out of stock. I have a few available now.

Thanks,

Scott
-Scott

Visit my PRO MAGIC SHOP

Website

latentimage
View Profile
Elite user
No More Room In Hell..
445 Posts

Profile of latentimage
Ugh..wish I would have ordered directly from Scott. The wait on this from Penguin is killing me. Can't wait to put it into the show. Going to switch it out with Shattered occasionally for some variety.
"Come to the edge," he said, They Said "We Are Afraid," "Come to the edge," he said, They Came, He Pushed Them...And They Flew. -Apollinaire

"If there be a skeptical star, I was born under it. Yet I have lived all my days in complete astonishment." -W. MacNeile Dixon
Scott Alexander
View Profile
V.I.P.
1471 Posts

Penguin will have them in 4 days, but yeah I usually am ready to go before stuff gets to the dealers. Next time!

I do Shattered with Puck in our two man show and Nailed It in my solo show.
Here is the double Shattered for your viewing pleasure.

-Scott

Visit my PRO MAGIC SHOP

Website

Scott Alexander
View Profile
V.I.P.
1471 Posts

Just a few more days till the dealers are shipping. They have already reordered so they must me out of the first batch....Yay!
-Scott

Visit my PRO MAGIC SHOP

Website

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Nailed It! by Scott Alexander (34 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5..10~11~12 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.22 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL