We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Nailed It! by Scott Alexander (34 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6..10~11~12 [Next]
MadisonH
View Profile
Inner circle
1588 Posts

Profile of MadisonH
Quote:
On Jan 24, 2016, Scott Alexander wrote:
Just a few more days till the dealers are shipping. They have already reordered so they must me out of the first batch....Yay!

Oh no... I hope that doesn't mean I'm going to be waiting ANOTHER month! 😌
Scott Alexander
View Profile
V.I.P.
1471 Posts

Profile of Scott Alexander
I hear dealer orders are going out b4 weeks end.
-Scott

Visit my PRO MAGIC SHOP

www.scottalexander.bigcartel.com

Website

www.scottalexandermagic.com
Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2494 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
I've just had word that ours are shipping to us today and should be with us in the UK on Friday Smile

Here is the link in case you have been wait for this news to order http://www.saturnmagic.co.uk/saturn-magi......ick.html
www.saturnmagic.co.uk

#theshopwithstock Pleased to be different!

FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/saturnmagic.co.uk
latentimage
View Profile
Elite user
No More Room In Hell..
445 Posts

Profile of latentimage
I definitely ordered long ago. Penguin has pushed back the ship date yet again, still accepting pre orders.
"Come to the edge," he said, They Said "We Are Afraid," "Come to the edge," he said, They Came, He Pushed Them...And They Flew. -Apollinaire

"If there be a skeptical star, I was born under it. Yet I have lived all my days in complete astonishment." -W. MacNeile Dixon
CoinOperatedBoy
View Profile
New user
10 Posts

Profile of CoinOperatedBoy
Since today, Penguin and Vanishing are listing Nailed It as In Stock
Scott Alexander
View Profile
V.I.P.
1471 Posts

This was a tall order to get everything out and I appreciate everybody's patience and support.

It is my sincere hope that we can now eliminate any more Facebook posts about people getting a spike through their hand!

-Scott
-Scott

Visit my PRO MAGIC SHOP

Website

Scott Alexander
View Profile
V.I.P.
1471 Posts

Well I have heard back from several top guys and here is what has come in so far.

"You are the man. This is like so bold! It's genius. I'm my opinion, it's the only way to do this routine." - Top Pro who wishes to be unnamed

F@#king Genius!!! - Top Pro who wishes to be unnamed

"You ***...why didn't I think of this!" - Top Pro who wished to remain unnamed

"Again this is great, I can't love this enough.! -Yet another Top Pro who wishes to be unnamed

"Dude this is so diabolical!" - Yes another blah blah.....

When they give you quotes like this and want it to remain secret that they are doing it...you know you've hit the nail on the head, so to speak.

Thanks Mystery Men!
-Scott

Visit my PRO MAGIC SHOP

Website

VeSperoMagica
View Profile
New user
Athens, Greece
9 Posts

Profile of VeSperoMagica
I can't wait!

-Ve
korttihai_82
View Profile
Inner circle
Finland
1806 Posts

Profile of korttihai_82
Hate to be the one who brings this up especially since I love pretty much everything Scott has but out but no where in this threat I don't see Dee Christophers name mentioned... He has pretty much same thing in his penguin lecture without the apple finish.

Juha-Matti
Cole Gross
View Profile
Elite user
Fresno, CA
437 Posts

Profile of Cole Gross
Hocus Pocus received Nailed It this morning and shipped out all of our pre-orders today!

We have a few left here in stock so if you havent had a chance to order yours yet, be sure to order here for immediate shipping!

http://hocus-pocus.com/prod/32450/Nailed......lexander

We are still offering FREE WORLDWIDE SHIPPING!

Cole
Cole
Hocus Pocus Magic
Toll Free: 800-407-4040
www.hocus-pocus.com
MadisonH
View Profile
Inner circle
1588 Posts

Profile of MadisonH
Just got my shipping confirmation from penguin! Looking forward to receiving his killer routine. I will post my thoughts once it comes in the mail.
Maynard
View Profile
Regular user
189 Posts

Profile of Maynard
Quote:
On Jan 28, 2016, korttihai_82 wrote:
Hate to be the one who brings this up especially since I love pretty much everything Scott has but out but no where in this threat I don't see Dee Christophers name mentioned... He has pretty much same thing in his penguin lecture without the apple finish.

Juha-Matti

You mean "rush", the Russion Roulette with lighters? Hardly similar if that's the effect you're referring to.
Lseeyou
View Profile
Inner circle
1267 Posts

Profile of Lseeyou
@Juha-Matti

i didn't see anything like "Nailed It" in Dee P lecture... r you sure?
korttihai_82
View Profile
Inner circle
Finland
1806 Posts

Profile of korttihai_82
Quote:
On Jan 29, 2016, Lseeyou wrote:
@Juha-Matti

i didn't see anything like "Nailed It" in Dee P lecture... r you sure?

Not totally sure, but it was in within month before Scott Alexander lecture in Penguin live lecture. A guy was talking about the safety of russian roulette with spikes and he was talking about people doing it by adding "that something" to the bottom of the cups so they woudnt hurt themselves if they made a mistake.

But then he showed his own take on it where he used exactly the same gaff that Scott is using. Cant go into any details in public forum without revealing Scott's method. But the gaff was exactly the same. Not like close but exactly the same thing... Sadly it was the only interesting thing on the whole lecture so don't remember who it exactly was. But January 2nd my friend has asked me in Facebook if I know anything about Nailed by Scott Alexander and I have answered to him that I believe he is using what Dee Christopher showed in his penguin lecture. There wasnt full routine on the lecture if I remember right, just the gaff that makes the whole thing 100% safe. Could have been some other penguin lecture or perhaps one of the at the table lecture in december but still I think it was Dee Christopher's. But its +4hours that I don't want to waste again...

Other option would be Anton James At The Table lecture

Juha-Matti
Jon Allen
View Profile
V.I.P.
England
1721 Posts

Profile of Jon Allen
Hi Guys,

I have been contacted by a number of magicians asking me about Scott's effect and my own Russian Roulette routine, The Pain Game.

Firstly, Scott hasn't stolen anything from me. When I saw 'Shattered' I actually applauded the screen at his brilliant method. Now he has come up with this version of 'Magician has to avoid the spiky thing'.

While it uses rectangular blocks and bags, it might look the same to an audience (we'd have to toss a coin if booked for the same show) it is completely different in method.

He is also to applauded for producing another version where, like The Pain Game, someone else other than the magician makes all the choices. For me, this is a huge advantage over versions where the magician decides which covered object he is going to smash his hand on.

This version, and mine, both start with a solid object. In both, you have to do something (different in each version) to make it safe and once you do that you are 100% safe for the rest of the routine.

However, in the extraordinarily unlikely circumstance you forget and/or don't make the visible check, you *will* injure yourself when you slam your hand down.

This is *completely* different to knowing where the spiky thing is and relying on your brain not getting its wires momentarily crossed and slamming your hand down on the spiky thing. I spoke to one person recently who said he knew exactly where the knife was because he could see it... and he still slammed his hand down on it!

Any method that takes the worry out of injuring yourself with this effect can only be a good thing and Scott is to be commended on his approach.

There are other differences between his and mine but this is not the place for me to voice my, what would be seen as biased, opinions Smile
Paragon 3D - the most incredible Card to Clear Box you will ever own. Be fooled here: http://youtu.be/GQxRZ1OGkUo
The Silent Treatment - Digital Edition: this iconic routine just got upgraded! Watch - http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=phTDUhX0m9o
Order the bar-raising DVD set 'Connection' at www.onlinemagicshop.co.uk
davidredfearn
View Profile
Regular user
London
187 Posts

Profile of davidredfearn
Well said Jon
Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2494 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
In this version you can just bend the end or put some tape on the item Jon is referring to, even in a complete brain fail moment you can not get hurt because it would be impossible to continue in the routine with it.

This does therefore make this version 100% failsafe.

I know this sounds a bit criptic but those that get this will know what I mean, this version is truly safe.

Our stock was due to arrive today but there has been a flight delay so the delivery will now be Monday.

On a major purchase like this give me a call if interested, the item is listed here http://www.saturnmagic.co.uk/saturn-magi......ick.html
www.saturnmagic.co.uk

#theshopwithstock Pleased to be different!

FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/saturnmagic.co.uk
Scott Alexander
View Profile
V.I.P.
1471 Posts

Jon you're a true gentleman!

Jon's approach is great and so is mine.
My approach to this is the same as I took with Shattered in that I didn't want a sharp spikey thing in play at all.
-Scott

Visit my PRO MAGIC SHOP

Website

MadisonH
View Profile
Inner circle
1588 Posts

Profile of MadisonH
Wow....

Just got this in and watched the DVD. This is easily the best purchase I've made in a very long time. Everything is well thought. I cannot wait to perform this!

Scott, you are a GENIUS.

And might I say: I love that the kit provides you with absolutely everything you need besides scissors. That's awesome!
Great Domino
View Profile
Special user
Canada
544 Posts

Profile of Great Domino
I am wondering how many performances are included in the original kit, w/o having acquired the Expansion Kit.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Nailed It! by Scott Alexander (34 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6..10~11~12 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL