The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » NEW - Lynx Smoke (38 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2590 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
Most of you are missing the point. You say a spectator will know right away the smoke is coming from the watch? LOL. I think having long sleeves the spectator knows were the smoke comes from. If you are performing your effects right they will not even think twice about the watch. I cant wait to get my hands on this.
pauljames
View Profile
New user
29 Posts

Profile of pauljames
I am dumbfounded that people are complaining the watch doesn't work. Same people probably claim they can't suck their thumb wearing a thumb tip.
Magic is about misdirection and presentation. If you have spectators pulling you up on things then you aren't doing one of these things right.
I'm guessing that adding a remote feature would increase the size of the watch?
123crampt
View Profile
Veteran user
389 Posts

Profile of 123crampt
I love the look of this. Due to the watch not telling time, (and not being waterproof!) I would take it on and off before and after performing. Thus I would be interested in a supporting carry case while carrying it in a pocket to protect it.

Also will the price rise after pre-orders?
GAMJoker
View Profile
Loyal user
Bad language skills confirmed in
224 Posts

Profile of GAMJoker
Quote:
On Jan 8, 2016, pauljames wrote:
I'm guessing that adding a remote feature would increase the size of the watch?


Well, Will said his watch will have a remote control, so we will see if it's a lot bigger as soon as we see his first pictures Smile
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4934 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
I would dare to say that Justin Miller is the last person in the world that knows what "sexy' is. He also seems to not understand the word "sleek".
James


Quote:
On Jan 7, 2016, GoncaloGil wrote:
Just an opinion of Justin Miller, a professional and great magician:

"FINALLY!!!! As someone who made Ultra Smoke 2k famous, and have worked on a ton of smoke projects, I know the importance of a few things when TRYING to create the HOLY GRAIL of smoke devices. 1. It has to be practical and safe. The reason that US2k fell off the market is because I could no longer in good conscious allow my name to be associated with a dangerous and corrosive product.
And in NO WAY was it practical:) 2. It has to be hidden.

I always wanted one that is hidden in plain sight. I created a device a while ago with Jesse Feinberg and Paul Harris. We never did anything with it but it was a device that fit directly into a card box or deck shell. And 3. The upkeep should be very very minimum

Lynx Smoke has hit every marker:safe, practical, sleek, sexy, hidden in plain sight etc...

I am SOOO excited for this to finally hit the market.

If anyone is to come up with another device BETTER than Lynx Smoke..they have a LONG way to go.

Near impossible I would even go as far as saying BRAVO João Miranda BRAVO!!!!

I cannot wait to get mine:)
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10632 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Quote:
On Jan 3, 2016, dp wrote:
I was privileged to have an early look at this product.

The R & D that the guys at Lynx Magic have put into this original creation is amazing. I only wish World Magic Shop were selling them but it is exclusive to them.

Congratulations on a groundbreaking product. One of the best things I have ever seen!

David Penn



Where are David and Blammo to help smooth things out?
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of premium, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
ruzifa
View Profile
New user
69 Posts

Profile of ruzifa
I am uncertain why there's a slight negativity here... Anyways, I believe that the magic community should be really excited about this product because this is definitely a step forward! How many of us were frustrated with the t*b** and/or reluctant to take up some of the smoke devices out there due to the set-up? I think the Lynx Magic Team was pretty radical in their design thinking to cleverly pack all the electronics into the watch. While I do acknowledge that some of the comments listed above including availability of remote and a working watch would definitely step up the game, however, can't we just be nice and constructive? I think the device has been designed such away because it gives so much flexibility for close-ups and parlor, instead of a stand alone smoke machine.

I am sure some of the magicians out there will definitely welcome the device, despite its price tag. Smile
Magic McKing
View Profile
New user
69 Posts

Profile of Magic McKing
I agree with ruzifa. The Café' should be a place where magicians help magicians. The watch idea is really clever. A logical step in this kind of devices. Look forward to both Lynx version and the remote version from Will. They've worked hard to benefit the magic community and we should give them our supports.
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
5686 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Very interesting and promising little prop. Very clever idea.

However I have one suggestion. Instead of a normal micro switch that protrudes out of the strap, it would be better if a flat micro tactile switch be placed concealed inside the strap.

Quote:
On Jan 7, 2016, Jeremybax wrote:

It is nice.. very clean but I agree ... a timer is not as practical as a remote .... I think that a trigger that would activate on a specific movement of the wrist would have been better.


I have no idea about the working of this device. However after watching the demo video, and as I understand, the timer seems to control the time duration of the smoke after the device has been activated by the switch. Generation of the smoke takes its own time as the liquid needs to be heated before it can convert to smoke. Hence I see not much use of a remote activation and more so since the watch is worn on the magician's own wrist with easy & concealed access to the switch.

Just my thoughts.

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
ruzifa
View Profile
New user
69 Posts

Profile of ruzifa
Very cool thinking!

Quote:
On Jan 11, 2016, Ustaad wrote:
Very interesting and promising little prop. Very clever idea.

However I have one suggestion. Instead of a normal micro switch that protrudes out of the strap, it would be better if a flat micro tactile switch be placed concealed inside the strap.

Quote:
On Jan 7, 2016, Jeremybax wrote:

It is nice.. very clean but I agree ... a timer is not as practical as a remote .... I think that a trigger that would activate on a specific movement of the wrist would have been better.


I have no idea about the working of this device. However after watching the demo video, and as I understand, the timer seems to control the time duration of the smoke after the device has been activated by the switch. Generation of the smoke takes its own time as the liquid needs to be heated before it can convert to smoke. Hence I see not much use of a remote activation and more so since the watch is worn on the magician's own wrist with easy & concealed access to the switch.

Just my thoughts.

Smile
markhitton
View Profile
Special user
947 Posts

Profile of markhitton
Nice ,great expectations from this.
Nice job! Smile
GoncaloGil
View Profile
Regular user
123 Posts

Profile of GoncaloGil
Hi guys,

Take a look to our new "unboxing Lynx Smoke". Here you can see exactly what you receive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nEyeTsYOXY


We will be at Blackpool Convention 2016 with "Lynx Smoke" and other of our products.


Cheers,
Gonçalo Gil
pelicantrapper
View Profile
Regular user
VA
200 Posts

Profile of pelicantrapper
Quote:
On Jan 3, 2016, GoncaloGil wrote:
Hello Guys,

We at Lynx Magic have been working for a long time on a smoke device that uses no tubes, its totally sleeveless and self contained.


There is a tube.
Tony T
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of Tony T
I don't really get any smoke gadgets. No spectator will think "he magically made smoke appear from no where". They will think, ooh, that's clever, where is he hiding the e-cig.
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
5686 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Quote:
On Feb 10, 2016, GoncaloGil wrote:
Hi guys,

Take a look to our new "unboxing Lynx Smoke". Here you can see exactly what you receive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nEyeTsYOXY


We will be at Blackpool Convention 2016 with "Lynx Smoke" and other of our products.


Cheers,
Gonçalo Gil


Great! In magic, such transparency is seldom seen. Tells you exactly what you are going to get and its working thus one can judge whether the prop is suitable for ones kind of performance or not. For me this is a very useful prop.

On my next purchase list.

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
funnymagic
View Profile
Regular user
The funny farm
155 Posts

Profile of funnymagic
Quote:
On Jan 5, 2016, GoncaloGil wrote:
Our product is patent pending internationally and we really would love to see the video that Will Tsai has.

Its strange that will take 3 months to launch a Vapr Watch, very strange.

3 months just right after we launch ours. We hope its not a coincidence, but we are protected by law regarding a smoke device inside a watch.


I think you'll find the idea for a smoke watch is in Gregory Wilson's notebooks from 10 years ago. Meet him in his dojo and he'll show you.
Legendary Wizard
View Profile
Inner circle
The Wizard , The Legend 162,885,947,3659,
1694 Posts

Profile of Legendary Wizard
Quote:
On Feb 10, 2016, GoncaloGil wrote:
Hi guys,

Take a look to our new "unboxing Lynx Smoke". Here you can see exactly what you receive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nEyeTsYOXY


We will be at Blackpool Convention 2016 with "Lynx Smoke" and other of our products.


Cheers,
Gonçalo Gil


Thank you for being so open , it a beautiful piece .

I'm however very concerned if sweat will damage the fan or the workings of the electronics . From the video a small hole is exposed for the fan to be plugged in . I'm never used to wearing straps or watches on my hand as I'll sweat a lot on my arms , thus I hope your can answer whether excessive sweat will damage the workings or decrease the life of the electronics , otherwise I'll have to take it off regularly and give my arms a wipe .

I regularly uses PYRO to shoot fireball at the end of most of my stage gigs , due to excessive sweating on my arms , the second and third slot had broken . Same goes to my VAPR , I sweats a lot even in cold environments just by wearing that wrist band , I had changed by battery thrice and heater coil 4 times . Hope Lynx Smoke will be better .
" Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one " ...

- Albert Einstein
Magicalos
View Profile
Elite user
465 Posts

Profile of Magicalos
Amen! I am not a fan of justin miller. very poor customer service! I wouldnt trust his opinion of todays weather let alone something magic related

Quote:
On Jan 8, 2016, Xiqual wrote:
I would dare to say that Justin Miller is the last person in the world that knows what "sexy' is. He also seems to not understand the word "sleek".
James


Quote:
On Jan 7, 2016, GoncaloGil wrote:
Just an opinion of Justin Miller, a professional and great magician:

"FINALLY!!!! As someone who made Ultra Smoke 2k famous, and have worked on a ton of smoke projects, I know the importance of a few things when TRYING to create the HOLY GRAIL of smoke devices. 1. It has to be practical and safe. The reason that US2k fell off the market is because I could no longer in good conscious allow my name to be associated with a dangerous and corrosive product.
And in NO WAY was it practical:) 2. It has to be hidden.

I always wanted one that is hidden in plain sight. I created a device a while ago with Jesse Feinberg and Paul Harris. We never did anything with it but it was a device that fit directly into a card box or deck shell. And 3. The upkeep should be very very minimum

Lynx Smoke has hit every marker:safe, practical, sleek, sexy, hidden in plain sight etc...

I am SOOO excited for this to finally hit the market.

If anyone is to come up with another device BETTER than Lynx Smoke..they have a LONG way to go.

Near impossible I would even go as far as saying BRAVO João Miranda BRAVO!!!!

I cannot wait to get mine:)
Stucky
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Batman!
1354 Posts

Profile of Stucky
Quote:
On Jan 6, 2016, GoncaloGil wrote:
When using a remote, the hand must leave the spectators view for a button to be pushed (like vapr) for example.
The other option is a toe switch, which is uncomfortable to wear and not 100% reliable.


If you put a remote in your sock right above your shoe, you can hit it reliably every time. This seems like either a cop out or a lack of understanding on their part.
Official Thread Killer
Stucky
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Batman!
1354 Posts

Profile of Stucky
Quote:
On Jan 5, 2016, GoncaloGil wrote:

Our product is patent pending internationally and we really would love to see the video that Will Tsai has.



Out of curiosity what kind of patent are you looking to get? Your device already uses patented technology most likely so it has to be an improvement or new use patent correct?
Official Thread Killer
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » NEW - Lynx Smoke (38 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.22 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL