The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » NEW - Lynx Smoke (38 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
ftlum
View Profile
Special user
Roseville, CA
727 Posts

Profile of ftlum
I'm not so sure I'd rely on Justin Miller's recommendations-- does anyone recall Hug?
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......orum=218

The watch in general is a cool idea, but even before I realized the watch was gaffed in the video, I thought "Geez, that's a bulky watch that guy's wearing!"
I'd also want to hear exactly how loud the motor is. I'm almost always in fairly quiet environments, so silent devices like Smokey Magic 2 work better for me. I guess there will always be trade offs.

Very nice to see the unboxing video, though. It's great to see what you'd be getting so you can make an informed decision, especially given the high cost of the item. I wish more people did this.
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3727 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
Quote:
On Feb 11, 2016, funnymagic wrote:
Quote:
On Jan 5, 2016, GoncaloGil wrote:
Our product is patent pending internationally and we really would love to see the video that Will Tsai has.

Its strange that will take 3 months to launch a Vapr Watch, very strange.

3 months just right after we launch ours. We hope its not a coincidence, but we are protected by law regarding a smoke device inside a watch.

I think you'll find the idea for a smoke watch is in Gregory Wilson's notebooks from 10 years ago. Meet him in his dojo and he'll show you.

Lol, funniest post this week. Probably true too Smile

I think this product looks very promising and am looking forward to seeing it demoed.
Martin Waring
View Profile
Loyal user
York, England
245 Posts

Profile of Martin Waring
Anyone else having problems getting the thing to produce smoke? I get plenty of buzzes, I assume in the right places, but no smoke?
MarcLavelle
View Profile
Loyal user
259 Posts

Profile of MarcLavelle
I like the IDEA, but was not convinced at BP - I brought someone who knew nothing about it to see a demo (I asked him to show it me near the blackboard, so she couldn't see their products)

Her exact words wer 'well it was the watch' not 'was it the watch' or anything like that. Unfortunately, it was too obvious to her! Maybe a 3rd gen version of this will be more discrete.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
4763 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Quote:
On Feb 26, 2016, MarcLavelle wrote:
I like the IDEA, but was not convinced at BP - I brought someone who knew nothing about it to see a demo (I asked him to show it me near the blackboard, so she couldn't see their products)

Her exact words wer 'well it was the watch' not 'was it the watch' or anything like that. Unfortunately, it was too obvious to her! Maybe a 3rd gen version of this will be more discrete.

Agree with Marc watch looked incredibly bulky and I don't think even works as a watch and was the only place the smoke can come from so looked very obvious IMO
dynamite magic shop
View Profile
New user
Netherlands
22 Posts

Profile of dynamite magic shop
I saw the watches at blackpool, they looked VERY professional, a little large but large watches are available in watch-shops also. If the watches were tiny some people would ask for a bigger one for sure Smile

About the "where does the smoke come from"...this is NOT the trick. The smoke is an ADDED effect to anything happening in your hands. You can make sleeve a coin up your sleeve secretly and making it look like it dissapears in the smoke. Spectators will tell others that they have seen you MAKING A COIN DISSAPEAR IN A CLOUD OF SMOKE. They will not think about "the guy wears a watch where smoke comes out if he likes to". You are a magician and you should do anything to make magic STRONGER...well, this is the one!

What can be more magical then doing amazing things in a cloud of smoke...of course people wonder where it comes from but there always should be a greater effect as well (coin vanish, card change, etc). If an illusionist on a big stage makes someone dissapear in a puff of smoke but under impossible conditions, do we as magicians and laypeople then wonder where the smoke came from? No..we are not..we want to know where the person went to and do not care about where that smoke came from..but the smoke made the extra magic!

So..Lynx Magic...go for it. Your products look amazing and are of a VERY GOOD quality...we hope we will sell a lof ot them in the future, no matter what you are going to produce.

P.S. I sold a LOT (almost 200 pcs) of the VAPR...no magician has ever bothered about smoke coming from the sleeve...they just wanted to produce smoke..so stop thinking the wrong way and start thinking how we all can create the strongest magical effects possible...at least, that's how I think about this matter.

René
Dynamite Magic Shop
Netherlands
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
4763 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
I couldn't disagree more with dynamites last comment coming from your sleeve is far better than an over sized not working crappy looking watch inmo . Guilding the lily is expression I would use or to put it more simply the method is better than the effect so if you can vanish a coin you don't need to put bells on it , it's totally over kill .
Scott Alexander
View Profile
V.I.P.
1471 Posts

Profile of Scott Alexander
I just received mine and I really like it so far.
I experimented with it for an entire day and it delivered a big cloud of smoke reliably whenever I needed it.
Yes the watch is a little big, and doesn't tell time, but it is right twice a day. Watchband was a bit too small for me so I extended it with some Velcro which was an easy fix.
There is a small whirring noise which I assume it's from the little fan. Certainly not a dealbreaker.
The main reason I like it is that it's compact and you don't have to be rigged up. You just put the watch on and go. Refilling is quick and easy.

For me the plusses definitely outweigh the minuses. Over time, if they develop a 2.0 version of this that's a little smaller, I would most certainly grab that one too.

Now all I have to do is avoid the temptation to overuse it, because the effect is pretty badass.
-Scott

Visit my PRO MAGIC SHOP

www.scottalexander.bigcartel.com

Website

www.scottalexandermagic.com
GoncaloGil
View Profile
Regular user
123 Posts

Profile of GoncaloGil
Hello Scott,

Thanks a lot for your kind words.

It means the world to us coming from a great magician like you. We really love your work!

It really is a true pleasure seeing that a lot of top professional magicians are using Lynx smoke.

We get emails from our idols in magic saying that the fact of not using sleeves at all to produce smoke really makes them enjoy our innovations and give us the force to come up with great solutions and great products.
bertolla
View Profile
New user
Switzerland
84 Posts

Profile of bertolla
I already integrated the watch in my show.

I used it for the start when I presented myself for the people like I will show you a great show and be sure that this will be a burner for you so the smoke came out at my hands. The reaction was great.

I also used it for the nail effect of Scott. I had the two last bags on the table and asked a spectator to hold his hands over the bags and give me the feeling which one is safe. So he told me this could be save.... Then I made the same with my hands and on the other bag which could be the nail inside was the smoke coming out of my hand. It looks great! there are endless possibilities
NicholasLawrenceMagic
View Profile
Regular user
118 Posts

Profile of NicholasLawrenceMagic
I recieved mine recently and have now familiarized myself with the functionality and overall feel for about 24 hours now. I would say my first impression is Quality, Easy to use and feels great both wearing the watch and operating. (James Bond feeling 100%) Its quite impressive in many ways, firstly the device is very reassuring with the vibration feature which is your communication with the watch. It is responciple for letting you know things such as when the device is going to produce the smoke or simply when your battery is low. Lynx Smoke does potentially have some Negatives depending on your expectations really, it is a full sized watch & does not keep proper time but that is not an issue for me, if someone asked me for the Time OR noticed the wrong time .. I plan on responding with "My battery expired sometime this morning, let me check my phone." easy as that. Another issue for some might be size, which is understandable but it is a mens watch and isn't anything out of the ordinary but suprisingly the device is very light in weight. ill be back with a furthered review but had to say how pleased I am with this slice of technological magi-gadget heaven so far, I believe this is the answer when it comes to smoke production for the working magician by inovating a smoke device that's soley operated from your wrist with no additional apparatus is really the biggest selling point.
Akmal Magication
View Profile
New user
Brunei
76 Posts

Profile of Akmal Magication
I'm still waiting for my Lynx smoke to be send.. they said will be send within 10 days.. I purchased directly from their website.. they said currently it is Out of stock. but the availability status said it is : in stock.. Smile
"Imagination & Knowledge is a tools for creativity"
Akmal Magication
View Profile
New user
Brunei
76 Posts

Profile of Akmal Magication
I've received my Lynx smoke today... wow! what an awesome device. I suggest you to watch the online explanation video first before playing with it. The watch is slightly big from a normal men's watch. you still looks normal when wearing it. this is by far my most favorite smoke device. I bought this for my manipulation routine & it is perfect. so no more wiring or tubing on my arm. I Love it so much!! Smile
"Imagination & Knowledge is a tools for creativity"
Alex DLF
View Profile
Inner circle
1781 Posts

Profile of Alex DLF
Lynx Smoke – Joao Miranda

Product description : Tired of all the wired material needed in order to produce smoke ? Well, this product is for you, all self-contained in a watch, the Lynx Smoke is the smallest and coolest gimmick to produce smoke. Would this fit you, do I like it ? Read the review to know more about this revolutionnary gimmick !

Price and where to buy it : This is regularly sold at 325€ (about $370) + shipping ! But with my offer, you just have to send an email mentionning my name : "Alexis DE LA FUENTE" and you will get an amazing price at 290€ including shipping ! That's a reduction of 50€ ! So if you're interested, just shot a mail at : orders@joaomiranda.com

What you get : You get a small little box, very good looking one, in which you can find the watch, very well made, not too big, I really appreciate the look of it. You get the fan, a batterie, a mini usb charger, a bottle of product which will be needed to produce smoke and a link to watch an online video. The video is very well made, short, to the point, there isn't much about it, the system is very simple to understand ! I was really surprised by the quality of the whole thing, very well made, well packaged, not disappointed.

Teaser : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovl-699f8ok

The pros and the cons : Here is the core of my review, let's begin with the cons, as I will usually be doing, I prefer to keep the good things for the end.

THE CONS :
- The price is a little step but when you see the quality of the whole thing, the time they took to engineer the gimmick, I don't think it's overpriced. The even have to print small parts with 3D printer !
- You won't be using it every 2 minutes. This is a gimmick which you use only once during your performance (if you use it more, it will get hot).
- The smoke is quite thin and light, you have to use a fully charged battery and the right amount of product in order to produce a good puff !

THE PROS :
- I can't imagine of many hours went into this product ! It's the most complicated electronic gimmick I've saw in my entire life. Research and development must have been crazy for this product.
- Everything is self contained, you don't have to wear complicated setup, tubes or batteries in your pocket, pump under your arm or dodgy wristband. You just have to wear the watch and go !
- The watch doesn't give the correct hour, due to the electronics inside ! If you have more questions, there is a lot of answers on Jao Miranda website, you can go and see if your question has already be answered.
- This is a professional product designed for the professionals. Not everybody will buy it, I know but the few that will buy it, will be very happy with it.
- The "reset" (in order to make more smoke) takes less than 3 seconds ! I recommend you buying a spare batterie so you will be ready for the night.
- Joao Miranda customer service is top notch, he will answer very quickly.

Overall rating : Didn't think I would like this that much but it's something that I can see myself using. 4/4 hearts for me.

As for the difficulty level, the most difficult thing would be to not overuse this little baby, 2/5 stars.

Similar products : There is a lot of products to produce smoke on the market but I do think that Lynx Smoke is one of the most practical solution today.

If you liked my reviews, you can check all my other ones in the link below !
Get yourself the Flap Cards guide : http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/4435

Make sure to check my review Channel, new reviews coming every week ! http://www.youtube.com/c/alexisreviews
Martin Adams
View Profile
Elite user
456 Posts

Profile of Martin Adams
Hi Guys,

This beauty available from us of course with worldwide free fedex express shipping Smile http://www.mystiquefactory.com/products/......-miranda

Best,
Martin
Magic KL
View Profile
Inner circle
2049 Posts

Profile of Magic KL
Great idea, but too expensive for me...
bertolla
View Profile
New user
Switzerland
84 Posts

Profile of bertolla
Hi there,

I use the watch in every show about 3-4 times. I like the fact that the watch is producing smoke because I am wearing always shirts with short sleeves. I also changed the bracelet and added some velcro for a faster closing. Nobody can see it. Nobody can hear the fan that is also no problem. The loading of the smoke drops and the battery are also very easy. For me the best thing is the activation of the watch. There is no remote but a hidden button for on. I add always 5 seconds in the watch for the delay time. That means when I press on the button I have 5 seconds till the watch will produce the smoke.
For me the producing of the smoke is not a main effect. It can support the main effect. I am starting with my show and produce smoke in my instroduction as the background. I produce smoke with the book effect from Christoph Borer's Paradigm effect and I produce the smoke in the nail effect from Scott Alexander. When there are only 2 bags left I let a spectator feeling the bags and on the bag that they THINK is the nail I do the same and there is a bit smoke flying out.

that's it. For me the watch is a 100 % great tool.

For the next version I would hope for the following upgrades:

- Better closing of the bracelet (already with velcro)
- a bit a smaller watch

Have fun.

Best Regards
Ron
Alex DLF
View Profile
Inner circle
1781 Posts

Profile of Alex DLF
Get yourself the Flap Cards guide : http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/4435

Make sure to check my review Channel, new reviews coming every week ! http://www.youtube.com/c/alexisreviews
niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2970 Posts

Profile of niva
What's all the fuss with the size of the watch? I have seen larger normal watches many times. It seems to be the trend, at least here in Europe that larger is better?
Yours,

Ivan
Joao Miranda Magic
View Profile
Regular user
104 Posts

Profile of Joao Miranda Magic
Hello Guys!

Iam the creator of Lynx Smoke, among more 7 products I created in the last year: www.joaomiranda.com

It really is a honor to make a living creating products that magicians like but most importantly, use.

Florian Zimmer, Scott Alexander, Darcy Oake and many of my idols are using this product in particular.

If anyone has any question feel free to ask.

All the best.

João Miranda
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » NEW - Lynx Smoke (38 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.23 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL