The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » GRAND OPENING - Jay Sankey (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Ceierry
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1582 Posts

Profile of Ceierry
GRAND OPENING' allows you to add MORE magic, and add MORE surprises, to your performances of 'Paperclipped,' without adding any more sleights, or requiring you to carry any more than you already do!

Available EXCLUSIVELY through the SankeyMagic website!re trick!"-Dal Harris

Did Jay really IMPROVE upon his popular 'Paperclipped' card trick? Well, here are the facts...

1.'GRAND OPENING' features a specially-printed prop that makes it possible for you to add a NEW and visually stunning phase to your own performances of 'Paperclipped.'

2.This exciting new moment of magic happens just BEFORE you reveal the signed card, so the two impossible moments build beautifully on each other.

3.The 'GRAND OPENING' prop can be closely examined and is designed to replace the pre-folded card used in the original 'Paperclipped' trick. So you don't have to carry anything more than you already carry.

4.Printed on a thick vinyl plastic, the 'GRAND OPENING' prop is virtually indestructible.

5.The 'GRAND OPENING' presentation provides powerful new misdirection, and makes it even less likely that people will 'get ahead of you' and guess the mind-blowing final climax with the signed card.

6.The eye-popping new phase is extremely EASY to do, and requires almost the exact same sleights as the original 'Paperclipped' handling.

7.'GRAND OPENING' comes complete with TWO of the specially-printed, extremely deceptive props (one red + one blue) PLUS a brand new, 55-minute tutorial video including the secrets to...

* The original 'Paperclipped' handling (including the Mercury Card Fold and Jay's ingenious 'Full View Switch.')

* Lou Johnson's 'Improved Mercury Fold'

* Jay's new 'Bone Prison' effect where the just-examined plastic gimmick transforms into the signed card IN THE SPECTATOR'S OWN HAND!

* With 'Print On Demand' a folded and completely BLANK card visually 'prints' into the selected and signed card

* 'Full Lotus' 2-card transposition handling

* 'Shut My Mouth' handling Jay developed for his stand-up shows

* The 'Switchless' handling with a dollar bill where the switch happens by itself! No sleight-of-hand whatsoever.

IMPORTANT NOTE: The link to the exclusive instructional video will be emailed to you within 48 hours. (Please check your spam/ junk folder in case our email is 'stuck' there.)

https://youtu.be/Bo45zIWYNgI
Author of 10S Star Sign Divination - olivier.ceierry@gmail.com for a digital copy.
cardbiker
View Profile
Inner circle
1484 Posts

Profile of cardbiker
Definitely liked the duct tape idea,
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4748 Posts

Profile of emyers99
Wasn't this released like 2 years ago? The whole idea of Paperclipped is that you make the spectator believe their card was in the paperclip from the beginning. Showing them a piece of plastic at the beginning of the trick may not telegraph the ending, but it certainly tells them that you did a switch. Seems like a step backwards.
Doctor D
View Profile
Special user
563 Posts

Profile of Doctor D
I'm guessing Jay is asking us to take his word for it? At least show what exactly this new phase looks like!
Chamberlain
View Profile
Special user
629 Posts

Profile of Chamberlain
Surely this just makes it even more obvious to the spectator when the switch is done.
Ceierry
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1582 Posts

Profile of Ceierry
Quote:
On Jan 8, 2016, emyers99 wrote:
Wasn't this released like 2 years ago? The whole idea of Paperclipped is that you make the spectator believe their card was in the paperclip from the beginning. Showing them a piece of plastic at the beginning of the trick may not telegraph the ending, but it certainly tells them that you did a switch. Seems like a step backwards.

Thought the same.
Author of 10S Star Sign Divination - olivier.ceierry@gmail.com for a digital copy.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7528 Posts

Profile of RNK
Have to give him credit for one thing- he is relentless, lol.....
Check out Bafflingbob.com
Scott Imler
View Profile
Special user
Calgary, Canada
545 Posts

Profile of Scott Imler
In the promo his intention of this addition is to divert the spectator from getting ahead of him and conclude that in the end their card will end up in the clip .I think you can get around that with how you introduce that original paper clipped card and what it means. I think paper clipped is brilliant and the way I routined it for my presentation I have never once had some one predict the ending. Simply due to the patter and justification of why you have the folded card to start with. That along with what you use it for through out the routine. I won't go into detail about my routine but the spectator uses this "lucky card" of mine to make several decisions which eliminate all the cards except one.......... you can fill in the blanks

I tend to agree with the above statements about telegraphing a switch but I am sure Jay has some more subtleties in his routining that may justify that. I do not own this so don't want to speculate. Their is a hint in the editing in the promo where after he introduced you to the plastic gimmick there is a close up and he then unfolds it. That, I believe is what he refers to as the first miracle or surprise.. Your mileage may differ. Would have to see it within a routine before making a 100% decision that it telegraphs that a switch was done but it is a good point and something to ponder for sure.
durgy
View Profile
Elite user
Toronto
402 Posts

Profile of durgy
This certainly was released a few years ago. I did buy it to at least hear out the ideas - because I perform paperclipped at 99% of my gigs.

Although I never ended up using this in a live show, I did like hearing his newer thoughts and ideas on the topic. Also thought the duct tape bit was quite interesting (although I have never tried that - but might one day)

Cheers
Durgy
https://www.durgyspade.com
facebook.com/durgyspade
twitter.com/durgyspade
gkfreed
View Profile
Special user
532 Posts

Profile of gkfreed
Being a big fan of "Paperclipped", I purchased this when it first came out. I have the gimmick, brand new (sorry no instructions). For the first
PM received (willing to send me a Self addressed, stamped envelope) I will happily send this to you at no charge.

IMO, this item is a huge step backwards. Think carefully before wasting the postage.

Best Regards,

Gary
rasmus
View Profile
Inner circle
Switzerland
1696 Posts

Profile of rasmus
I used to perform the original version many years ago with good success. for security reason, i'll
suggest that you superglue the paperclip to the d***y. like so, the gimmick can stay in your pocket
the whole day without the paperclip moving or falling off. one gimmick lasts me for a year or so.

give it a try. also the d***y card is superglued together to remain flat.

just my 5 swiss francs Smile
A World without Magic is a World without Dreams and Hope:)

Creator of: STEEL (performed by Dynamo), X-RAY, Real Coin Bend (performed by Dynamo), Totally Crazy Bands, Rasmus Haunted Deck, MCF CARDS, Jawbreaker, CRAZY CARD CHANGE, POLTERGEIST, STEEL Stage Version,
X-RAY Stage Version
http://rasmusmagic.ch
Ceierry
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1582 Posts

Profile of Ceierry
Quote:
On Jan 8, 2016, rasmus wrote:
I used to perform the original version many years ago with good success. for security reason, i'll
suggest that you superglue the paperclip to the d***y. like so, the gimmick can stay in your pocket
the whole day without the paperclip moving or falling off. one gimmick lasts me for a year or so.

Very good advice!!

I'm very interested in the video Than the gimmick actually! Because that mercury card fold technique he's saying sounds good!
mantel
View Profile
Special user
923 Posts

Profile of mantel
Quote:
On Jan 8, 2016, Ceierry wrote:
Quote:

Very good advice!!

I'm very interested in the video Than the gimmick actually! Because that mercury card fold technique he's saying sounds good!

Lou Johnson's Mercury Card Fold is on Jay Sankey's inside deception site or at least it used to be. Access can be purchased for about 15 for a month.
Scott Imler
View Profile
Special user
Calgary, Canada
545 Posts

Profile of Scott Imler
Quote:

Good stuff funny I do the exact same thing!
Ceierry
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1582 Posts

Profile of Ceierry
Quote:
On Jan 8, 2016, mantel wrote:
Quote:
On Jan 8, 2016, Ceierry wrote:
Quote:

Very good advice!!

Lou Johnson's Mercury Card Fold is on Jay Sankey's inside deception site or at least it used to be. Access can be purchased for about 15 for a month.

15$ is the price of this project as well :s
Kune
View Profile
Veteran user
312 Posts

Profile of Kune
Personally I'm hesitant to make any purchases before I know what the method is. In this case, I don't even know what the effect is.
Ceierry
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1582 Posts

Profile of Ceierry
Quote:
On Jan 9, 2016, Kune wrote:
Personally I'm hesitant to make any purchases before I know what the method is. In this case, I don't even know what the effect is.

Paperclipped by Jay Sankey with a step ahead.
magicnorm
View Profile
Special user
510 Posts

Profile of magicnorm
I perform PC at all my strolling gigs and it is always a winner. I bought this to see what was new and curious about the new addition. After playing with it for a while and thinking I would use it I came to the conclusion that using the gimmick changes the effect from the spectators point of view to " how is it possible that my card was sitting on the table in front of us the whole time ( impossible ) to when did you switch my card in for the gimmick. The fact that they can examine the gimmick at the beginning, and then in the end it is their card seems to me to lead them to think when did you switch it. I get that you are supposed to be transforming a one dimensional item into a three dimensional item, but to me in the end it just seems to apparent that you switched the card in for the gimmick. So it changes the effect from an impossible effect to a puzzle. I like a lot of the ideas on the video and don't regret buying it, but I will not use it. JMO

NM
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4810 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
I do not have it but I do have Bulldog and I get amazing results everytime,no one has ever ask to see the clip and if I pocket it I can then do a swith if I want,but I never have.
Kune
View Profile
Veteran user
312 Posts

Profile of Kune
Oops sorry, he did explain the effect. I assumed there was something more magical the extra gimmick would be used for. I think I'll stick with the standard effect.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » GRAND OPENING - Jay Sankey (5 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL