We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Needing help with sponge balls (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

proliv
View Profile
New user
Portugal
36 Posts

Profile of proliv
I trying to make a sponge balls routine but I need to see some videos first. Can anyone recomend me smth?
dgiancaspro
View Profile
Regular user
New York City
117 Posts

Profile of dgiancaspro
This DVD is pretty good for the basics
http://www.magicproshop.com/index.php?ac......p;id=376

I've also heard good things about Brad Burts Video
http://www.magicshop.com/bradvid1.htm

I also heard good things about Patrick Pages Work
http://murphysmagicsupplies.com/catalog/......age.html

Dave
"Mommy when I grow up I want to be a magician"
"Oh sweety you can't do both."
Darck Ninja
View Profile
New user
SLC-UTAH
76 Posts

Profile of Darck Ninja
Jay Sankeys Ear Plugs has a couple good ruitines on it, I personally use it all the time.
I still use my sponge-balls on occasion, but the Ear-Plugs just make more sense. Check them out here:
http://www.penguinmagic.com/product.php?ID=170

God Bless,

C. Vernon Bitter
"The most beautiful experience we can have is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. He who does not know it and can no longer wonder, is as good as dead, and his eyes are dimmed." Einstein
DanielGreenWolf
View Profile
Veteran user
Waterbury, CT
363 Posts

Profile of DanielGreenWolf
If you want to see excellent Sponge Ball magic, check out Eugene Burger's Magical journeys volume 1.

Also, remember that there are many good books on the sponge balls and to look through as many as you can.

-Daniel GreenWolf
-Much love,
Daniel GreenWolf
Celtic Magician

www.GreenWolfMagic.com
davidpaul$
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburgh, Pa
2932 Posts

Profile of davidpaul$
Kenton Knepper ( Wonder Words Man) in his video " Klose-Up and Unpublished" has a GREAT Sponge ball routine and some excellent sleights that I have incorporated into my routine.
David Paul
If you can't help worrying, remember worrying can't help you!
rsummer27
View Profile
Loyal user
South Carolina
225 Posts

Profile of rsummer27
I can't make the spongeball vanish from the spectators hand like Kenton. There's got to be a trick to it that I haven't figured out yet.
Ralph
Giggles the Clown buys all of his
supplies at www.madhattermagicshop.com
Super Low Prices on Videos and DVDs!
troppobob
View Profile
Veteran user
Crescent Head Australia
372 Posts

Profile of troppobob
G'day Proliv

Some excellent suggestions above and I intend to check them out as well.

My current routine is basic and comes from Mark Wilson's little book titled "Cyclopedia of Magic". I found it helpful to carry the book with me and check the details when I had some time on my hand. It is also broken up into sections so you can easily master one part at a time.

Have a great time working on your routine.

Troppo Bob
Neil
View Profile
Elite user
484 Posts

Profile of Neil
I can't recommend Sankey's Earplugs video enough.

It has to be the best sponge teaching video out there. Not only does he do the moves well himself but he teaches them from different angles, fast and slow. You learn loads of sleights plus four nice commercial routines that play well. All the moves and routines can be done with any sponge shape but I guess the earplug concept is quite cool. Sankey really seesm to know his stuff.

Put it this way, I'm not exactly Al Goshman but that vid has got me doing it very convincingly.
Cabrera
View Profile
Special user
Seattle
513 Posts

Profile of Cabrera
Mark Leveridge also has a sponge ball routine that he usses professionally.
"The quilt of life is woven with many different threads"
RayBanks
View Profile
Special user
Nassau Bay, TX
533 Posts

Profile of RayBanks
Also check out these:

SPONGE BALL MANIPULATION by AUDLEY V. WALSH
SPONGE BOOK by FRANCES MARSHALL

The 25 tricks DVD/VHS mentioned above is excellent and at $ 10-15, almoist free!
-------------
Pick a card, any card...No. not THAT one...THIS one

Ray Banks
Flec
View Profile
Special user
Birmingham, UK
585 Posts

Profile of Flec
A good opener is to use flash paper. I usually pass the paper around and say "tell me what it is and you can have £10..no one has ever got it right." of course 1 in 100 people know what flash paper is, and if they are not expecting it then they will not guess!

I then say "its actually a sponge ball." don't think I need to say how to produce the ball, the flash is perfect misdirection for you to reach "into the flame" with your free hand and produce a sponge ball.
Oz Fan
View Profile
Loyal user
277 Posts

Profile of Oz Fan
Try the Hampton Ridge 25 Tricks with sponge balls video it is very helpful.
Blake S.
Thoughtreader
View Profile
Inner circle
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
1565 Posts

Profile of Thoughtreader
I am afraid that I really don;t understand the orignal post of "I am trying to make a sponge ball routine but need to see some first?'What on earth does that have to do with developing a routine unless you want to copy or "borrow permanently" someone elses bits of business.

PSIncerely Yours,
Paul Alberstat
Canada's Leading Mentalist
http://www.mindguy.com
AB StageCraft
http://www.mindguy.com/store
proliv
View Profile
New user
Portugal
36 Posts

Profile of proliv
Thoughtreader:
What I was trying to say is that I'm going to start with Sponge Balls so I need to start by seeing some routines.
Sorry, I'm also starting with English Smile
Thank you all for the suggestions.
Ron Crumley
View Profile
Elite user
1950 - 2012
448 Posts

Profile of Ron Crumley
Good recommendations by all.

Sponge balls is a good place to start Proliv and your English is great!
Adammcd
View Profile
Regular user
Greensburg PA
132 Posts

Profile of Adammcd
Thought reader. You have to some moves before you can learn a routine. You have to start somewhere.

BTW Mark Wilsons routine is awesome...
The last thing you ever expected, should have been the first.
Mike Walton
View Profile
Special user
Chicago
984 Posts

Profile of Mike Walton
Thought reader, cut him some slack. I'm sure your routines hold others' principles.

I've checked out lots of routines via video and book as I too wanted to come up with my own routine "inspired" by other's work. In hindsight, I realized that I would have been content if I bought just two videos: Knepper's Klose Up and Unpublished (nice T&R card in there too) for originality and the Patrick Page Sponge Ball video to cover the basics and the standard routine as he teaches all of the steps very well. You really don't need to learn to vanish the ball 6 ways. Learn to vanish 2 maybe 3 ways, and that's more than enough.
Thoughtreader
View Profile
Inner circle
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
1565 Posts

Profile of Thoughtreader
I am sorry if you thought I was busting his chops. That was not my intention BUT learniong moves and developing a routine are two different things PLUS when learning from a book, you are more apt to develop your own style from the begining. Learning from watching others, you have a greater chance of becoming a clone.

There are so many newcomers to magic that are both doing the tricks of the week PLUS cloning everything they see (and yes, I know we all do that to some extent when we start out) so why not try to get them from the very begining to start properly with less chance of them copying and better to show them a way they have more chances to develop their own style right from the begining.

PSIncerely Yours,
Paul Alberstat
Canada's Leading Mentalist
http://www.mindguy.com
AB StageCraft
http://www.mindguy.com/store
proliv
View Profile
New user
Portugal
36 Posts

Profile of proliv
Paul,
I agree with you and is not the first time I hear that but the true is that with a video you take 10 m to understand a trick or a move and with a book it take much longer. For example, in ETMCM of Michael Ammar I learned lots of tricks that he teatchs with a "rude" presentation that no one can copy because is very bad, maybe that's his idea.

Ps: Why don' t you create a Topic in the Café talking about this? I think it would be interesting.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Needing help with sponge balls (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL