The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Beginner's Magic (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

RC
View Profile
Regular user
111 Posts

Profile of RC
Hey Café, I'll be posting a video this Wednesday on my hidden blog that will teach a few really basic & simple magic tricks (without cards). You can view the trailer here: http://www.oldmarketmagician.com/#!M-A-G......3fb17329
RC
View Profile
Regular user
111 Posts

Profile of RC
Here's part 1 of my beginner's magic tutorial: http://www.oldmarketmagician.com/#!Begin......60f56546

*Couple things about it: I'm new to posting on the Café, so if this breaches anything at all, please remove the post and let me know. I can also take it down off my blog.

*I chose very simple tricks. This isn't for anyone who's a seasoned magician. However, if you are a pro & you do watch it & notice where I should credit someone, please let me know & I will add the credit to the video.

*And lastly, I only post links to my blog from the Café. It's not advertised or broadcast anywhere else.
Blog password: vernon
Boomer
View Profile
Special user
Prosper, TX
668 Posts

Profile of Boomer
I love the idea, but the background music is too loud and comes close to drowning out your voice.

This is something I think my son, whom is just starting on his magical journey, would love.

Thanks for giving back to the magic community.

Boomer
RC
View Profile
Regular user
111 Posts

Profile of RC
Thanks Boomer. Yeah, I overdid it on the background music. I will definitely try and improve that in the future.
Andy Gemini
View Profile
Regular user
England
119 Posts

Profile of Andy Gemini
Thanks, man, that was great! Very good of you to post this.
RC
View Profile
Regular user
111 Posts

Profile of RC
Thanks very much, Andy. I was a little concerned how it would be received so I appreciate your encouragement.
HarryB
View Profile
Regular user
South Texas
127 Posts

Profile of HarryB
RC,
The first two tricks would be perfect for me and my 9 year old to work on together. I'll show him the video's and then he can decide which one to start on first. I think it's great because maybe with these simple tricks, it will spark an interest and he will learn it or support the art in the future.
RC
View Profile
Regular user
111 Posts

Profile of RC
That's awesome, Harry! I love that picture of a father spending time with his son to encourage learning something new. I hope it sparks an interest like you said. That was my goal. Thanks for commenting.
RC
View Profile
Regular user
111 Posts

Profile of RC
Hey guys,

Just wanted to let you know that I'll most likely be taking down the video from my blog. I'm pretty new here on the Café & I'm not wanting to cause trouble, which I can see where posting a tutorial might start some controversy, regardless of how elementary it is.

Here's a link to a forum where it has been discussed: http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......tart=0#6

I just wanted to say thanks for taking the time to view the video & comment here on it. I really appreciate your positive feedback. And if you want to message me anytime, feel free to.

~Ryan
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Beginner's Magic (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL