The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » APPS-alutely » » PhotoPrediciton for iPad + update!! (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Gui Del Frate
View Profile
New user
69 Posts

Profile of Gui Del Frate
Hi, guys!

I'm very excited to announce the new PhotoPrediction for iPad! The app was entirely rebuilt from scratch, with a full support for iPad/iPad Mini/iPad Pro! Some improvements from original version includes TouchID support, new training mode, ability to choose a specific date for the prediction and more!

Facts list:
- Compatible with all iPads (including the new iPad Pro) (iOS 8.4 or higher)
- Works in portrait and landscape!
- TouchID support
- Choose how long ago the prediction picture was taken, or set a specific date, from the past or to the future!
- Share your presets with other devices
- Up to 129 OUTS!
- Diabolical method: the effect looks like no app is involved
- Totally clean, and you end up with nothing to hide or close
- Easy to learn and play, with detailed explanations and ideas to stimulate your creativity
- You can give your gadget to the spectator to open the photo album. Cleaner impossible!
- Easy setup, that you do once and the trick is ready forever!
- Easy customization: you can create several different presets for several situations
- Training mode to facilitate understanding of the method
- No voice recognition
- No wireless comunication
- No forces
- It looks like a real magic! Nobody will be suspicious of anything!
- Application camouflaged to not be found, and the with possibility of password protection
- You do not need a deck of cards to perform the effect, only your iPad
- App and explanations available in portuguese and english, but the app can run in ANY language and the trick will work properly anyway.

Some useful links:

PhotoPrediction for iPad (available on the App Store):
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/apple-st......afe&mt=8

Original PhotoPrediction for iPhone/iPod only:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/apple-st......afe&mt=8

Original post in The Magic Café
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......orum=273

And there is a new update of PhotoPrediction for iPhone, also entirely rebuilt from scratch with the new Swift language, lighter and better than ever!

If you like it, please rate it on the App Store to support the app! And if you have any question, feel free to ask me here!

All my best,

Gui
Magic Patrick
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota
1586 Posts

Profile of Magic Patrick
Yes!!!!! Love this. Downloading now for iPad. You rock. Best app out there.
Josh Clarke
View Profile
New user
Portland, Oregon, USA
68 Posts

Profile of Josh Clarke
Yes!!! You are the best magic app developer for good, regular updates!
Josh-Clarke.com : Voices is available now!
Magic Patrick
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota
1586 Posts

Profile of Magic Patrick
Downloaded and now playing around with it. I love this. Thank you.
daniltan
View Profile
Elite user
476 Posts

Profile of daniltan
I'm using 5S. While I'm trying the new touchID feat, a pop up shows up asking for authentication with only a cancel button. I can go past through to the app using my finger print, though. But, the pop-up create one more problem. I can't close the app (multitask + swipe-up to close app). The pop-up always shows after I swipe to close and the app is open again because of the pop-up. Seems like a bug. Right now, I simply disable the touchID feature so I can close the app and use the app normally.

Great update, by the way.. Couldn't wait to try the iPad version!
Gui Del Frate
View Profile
New user
69 Posts

Profile of Gui Del Frate
Thanks, Josh, Patrick and Daniltan!

There is too much work in this app, I hope you enjoy it!

About the TouchID, seems like a bug from iOS, since it shouldn't ask the TouchID when quitting an app in no way. But I'll take a look and see if there is a solution. Smile
For now, you can just disable it or, if you don't want to disable the feature, you can open the app, hit the "Cancel" button in TouchID Autentication window and then quit the app (double press on Home button and swipe up).

Thanks for your feedback!

My best,

Gui
Magic Patrick
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota
1586 Posts

Profile of Magic Patrick
Thank you! This is my best app.
daniltan
View Profile
Elite user
476 Posts

Profile of daniltan
Thank you, Gui. For the fast respond to help me through small bit bugs I encountered on my iPhone and iPad. As for the iPhone-- I'm using 5S and the touchID is not working as it should and I have problem closing the app. But, Gui's solution above works. I'm able to close the app. As fot the iPad-- I'm using iPad Mini 1G (non-retina) and PP isn't really support non-retina iPad. But, Gui says he already submit the new updated fix to Apple. And also he give me a solution so I can use the app right now, while waiting for the new version is out at AppStore.

The solution for the iPad is simple: You just need to up-scale your screenshots from 1024x768 (non-retina) to 2048x1536 (retina) using Photoshop. Gui helps me with the Photoshop and it's works fabulously.

I really like PP on iPad. I think it works well with more audiences.
daniltan
View Profile
Elite user
476 Posts

Profile of daniltan
There's one interesting thing I found with PP + iOS9. Just so it'll be easier for you to see, start with no app opened-- just PP. After you've done with the prediction, press your homebutton to go to your homescreen and then this is the interesting part-- double-press your home button and you'll only see your photo.app there. Swipe up to close it and there's no other app visible at the multitask screen. It's clean!

While I don't know until when this thing will last. Perhaps, Apple will change the multitask screen behaviour in the next update. I'm surely hope, no. But, we've got a fooler here. I'm fooled just now while discovering it.
rasp
View Profile
Inner circle
1089 Posts

Profile of rasp
That doesn't work on mine, I get both the photo app and PP
Gui Del Frate
View Profile
New user
69 Posts

Profile of Gui Del Frate
Hi, Daniel!

It looks great! Unfortunately I couldn't reproduce this here too. Which version of iOS you using? Here I have the 9.2, and the PP is visible in multitasking screen. It is an iOS "feature", and there is no way to avoid this. Apple don't allow even quit the app programmatically, and is always a problem convincing they that it's necessary to the app to work properly.
daniltan
View Profile
Elite user
476 Posts

Profile of daniltan
Right, I suspect something have to be set first. I'm using black background on my homescreen. Just plain black. Remember to open the multitask screen from your homescreen, not from the photo.app. The layers should be: your homescreen, photo.app and PP. But PP is black at the bottom with no icon if you're not swiping horizontally. What you want is swipe up the photo.app to close it. What remain is homescreen layer and PP. Again, PP is not visible because it's black, camouflage with the background color and the icon isn't visible too unless you swipe horizontally. You have to be the one who's holding the phone to show the multitask screen. But, visually-- it's clean.

Hope this work out for you. I'm using the latest iOS and this works in both my iPhone and iPad.

Btw, PP for iPad has new update to fix the non-retina device bug. Now PP works perfectly on my iPad. Thanks, Gui.
Gui Del Frate
View Profile
New user
69 Posts

Profile of Gui Del Frate
Ah, perfect! I understand now!

It's a little detail, but for sure can give more confidence to execute the trick! Thank you for sharing!

And thank you for sharing your bug about the retina display! This allowed me to find and fix the bug. Smile

My best,

Gui
daniltan
View Profile
Elite user
476 Posts

Profile of daniltan
It's an excellent app, Gui. Glad to help you. Thank you for responding and fix it so quickly. My current fav routine for this app is the 2 digits totally free choice prediction. I'm kinda late, I know ;-)
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24107 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Are there any videos of the effect?
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24107 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
I can not locate "fake screen" in settings.
daniltan
View Profile
Elite user
476 Posts

Profile of daniltan
Quote:
On Feb 3, 2016, Dynamike wrote:
I can not locate "fake screen" in settings.

It's in the bottom row. Look for an icon that looks like 3 cards side by side.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24107 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Oh, that settings. I kept opening the logo "settings" on my iPad. I was looking all over inside of the setting's window. I tried looking at the bottom of that window after you said look at the bottom. I told myself something must be wrong. I opened the PP icon up and found it. Thanks.
daniltan
View Profile
Elite user
476 Posts

Profile of daniltan
You're welcome Smile Happy to help..
Steven Keyl
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington, D.C.
2566 Posts

Profile of Steven Keyl
After spending a couple of hours setting up a 128 out prediction thing, the app won't run. Every time I launch it, there is a 10-15 second delay, and then it crashes back to the home screen. I've tried manually shutting the app down but the problem persists.

I'd be happy to uninstall/reinstall but then I'm going to lose all of the images that I worked to put in the device. Gui, is there a way I can save the images somehow? If I backed up the phone and uninstalled the app, would that have any effect? I just don't want to have to redo the entire thing, especially with no guarantee that the same thing wouldn't happen again.
Steven Keyl - The Human Whisperer!

Come visit Magic Book Report.com!

"If you ever find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause, and reflect." --Mark Twain
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » APPS-alutely » » PhotoPrediciton for iPad + update!! (1 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL