The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » New padlock for escapes at the Indy convention (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

SANTINI
View Profile
Loyal user
SANTINI
293 Posts

Profile of SANTINI
Hi,
I have just created a new padlock for escapology work which Shawn Ness will have debut and have available at the Indy convention.

This new lock is a Master brand lock with a hardened steel body, (not laminated plate construction but solid steel), and takes a 5 pin tumbler key.

What is useful about this padlock is that although it does have pins in the cylinder and is inspectable, i.e., if anyone looks down into the keyway they will see the pins, it not only can be opened by it's own tumbler key but also by a Universal handcuff barrel key.

This lock is ideal for those who wish to use a name brand padlock in conjunction with Universal keyed cuffs and irons and who also do not want the padlock to look like it obviously opens with the same key as the cuffs (as for instance the new Con Lok padlock obviously does).

Any lay person seeing or inspecting this lock will not even begin to imagine an innocent and simple handcuff key could open it.

Simply appraoch Shawn Ness at the convention and ask him to show you the new product called "Wonder Lock".

Regards, Steve Santini
KingStardog
View Profile
Inner circle
2134 Posts

Profile of KingStardog
Realy sounds great Steve. I have to say that I very much admire your dual and multi use strategies, and this new lock is a perfect example of that. Do more with less.

Every Magician or Illusionist using locks, should be taking a realy hard look at these as an added or additional safety feature for what they are doing.
...think not that all wisdom is in your school. You may have studied other paths,but, it is important to remember that no matter who you are or where you come from, there is always more to learn.
SANTINI
View Profile
Loyal user
SANTINI
293 Posts

Profile of SANTINI
Thank you for the kind words.
I am constantly trying to think of things which may be of use to those working in the art.

It nice to see that some of the principals I use when designing such items are appreciated by others.

For those who may be interested, at his table at the convention in Indy Shawn Ness will also have some promotional brochures about our new escapology museum "The Escaporium" .

Regards, Steve Santini
AJP807
View Profile
Special user
New York City
559 Posts

Profile of AJP807
Put me down for one. Hey Steve, if you keep coming out with new books and stuff, I'm going to need to bring an empty bag just to bring home all the Santini products I'm going to get. (Not to mention some extra cash.) Thanks Steve, keep up the good work.
Best regards, Tony Parisi
KingStardog
View Profile
Inner circle
2134 Posts

Profile of KingStardog
Walmart has those carry on suitcases that fit under the seat or in the overhead for $12.00 Tony. (just trying to help)
...think not that all wisdom is in your school. You may have studied other paths,but, it is important to remember that no matter who you are or where you come from, there is always more to learn.
AJP807
View Profile
Special user
New York City
559 Posts

Profile of AJP807
Thanks King, I'll look into it. At the rate Steve's going I might need two. Smile
Kevin Ridgeway
View Profile
V.I.P.
Indianapolis, IN & Phoenix, AZ
1832 Posts

Profile of Kevin Ridgeway
Steve....thanks for another addition the escape community can take advantage of. We look forward to seeing Shawn at the convention and all of your items that he'll have.

Kevin Ridgeway
Kristen Johnson
Living Illusions
Living Illusions
Ridgeway & Johnson Entertainment Inc

Kevin Ridgeway &
Kristen Johnson aka Lady Houdini
The World's Premier Female Escape Artist

www.LadyHoudini.com

www.livingillusions.com
Stuart Burrell
View Profile
Veteran user
England
385 Posts

Profile of Stuart Burrell
I'll start saving up....cool idea Steve.
James Peters
View Profile
Veteran user
Romford, UK
385 Posts

Profile of James Peters
Steve,

Just wondering ... what sort of price will these be going for?

Thanks,

James.
SANTINI
View Profile
Loyal user
SANTINI
293 Posts

Profile of SANTINI
Hi James,
Not much. Probably $25.00 USD each. Cheers, Steve
x-treem
View Profile
Inner circle
1133 Posts

Profile of x-treem
Oh come on guys! Do you honestly think I'd sell something this good rather than keeping them all to myself? PUH-HU-LEASE, you'll have to do some begging to get one.

Alright this message will come back to haunt me one day, since I'm just joking about the begging thing.

Shawn
A direct from text adaptation : The Strange Case Of Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde Starring Mickey Rooney in his final role.
James Peters
View Profile
Veteran user
Romford, UK
385 Posts

Profile of James Peters
Shawn,

Please please please ... pretty please with sugar on top! Can you stick my name on one? I'm begging you man!!!

I'll pick it up at the convention! Smile

Thanks,

James.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » New padlock for escapes at the Indy convention (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL