The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Fellowship of Christian Magicians! » » Lord's Prayer (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Rickfcm
View Profile
Veteran user
lower Michigan
382 Posts

Profile of Rickfcm
Going to teach children on the Lords prayer as it is an example or an outline of how a prayer should be. Any suggestions. (Please do not turn this into a discussion how we should only pray the prayer as written.)
themagiciansapprentice
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex, UK
1381 Posts

Profile of themagiciansapprentice
I wrote a puppet script in Voila August 2014 - should be in the FCM (UK) members pages
Have wand will travel! Performing children's magic in the UK for Winter 2014 and Spring 2015.
Rickfcm
View Profile
Veteran user
lower Michigan
382 Posts

Profile of Rickfcm
Thanks but we are a new church, no puppets or stage yet.
vannma
View Profile
New user
38 Posts

Profile of vannma
I do not do a routine on the whole Lords prayer, but I do several bits in regards to prayer. Perhaps you could use some of these:

Cut and restore rope (or you could use card, news paper etc.). Speak about how sin separates us from God (tear newspaper, or cut rope) to show the separation. But it only through Jesus Christ that we are restored to God. No matter what you are facing, give it to God through prayer and He will restore you (restore newspaper or rope).

Another is with the wilting flower: http://themagicwarehouse.com/MI2270/Wilting-Flower.html
Mine will fit nicely inside of a fantasio disappearing wand. I ask "when you become a Christian, what is one of the first things that happens? You have a change in your life" (at this point I rub the wand with a red silk causing the want to disappear and the flower remains. Then I ditch the wand and silk together. Then I say "when you accept Christ, your life changes drastically. You go from being black and white (like the wand was) to having color! You go from a old stick in the mud (like the wand, so to speak) to a living creature. But some people that that when you become a Christian your troubles go away. They think that they now live in a rose garden (plays big since you are holding a rose). But we know that is not true, you see when you accept Christ, you are going to have good days and you are going to have bad days (make the rose droop half way). Sometimes you may have REAL BAD days (make rose droop to its fullest). So what do you do? When you have a bad day, you pray and ask God to help you. Everyone say "Lord help me!" Louder Louder (as they get louder, slowly restore rose). And when you pray and sincerely seek God's face (not His hand) he will help you!

Hope that helps...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Fellowship of Christian Magicians! » » Lord's Prayer (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL