The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » APPS-alutely » » New magic app: " NUMERALIA " (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

waas
View Profile
New user
29 Posts

Profile of waas
Hi there Café members!

I launched a month ago a few magic apps on Apple & Google stores.

I’d like to introduce in this thread the app called "NUMERALIA”.

EFFECT:
Briefly, the spectator is requested to enter his phone number and birth date into the app.
Then he mixes the digits of his phone number as he wishes.
You take back the phone and re-order the digits to form the correct phone number.
Then you put your phone away and look right into the spectator's eyes to reveal his astrological sign and the exact birth date!

The complete description ; videos and links to the stores can be found below:

English page: http://ho-creative.com/numeralia-magic-app-phone/
French page: http://ho-creative.com/fr/numeralia-fr-a......lephone/
Spanish page: http://ho-creative.com/es/numeralia-es-a......elefono/

It would be a great pleasure to receive reviews, feedbacks and suggestions from you guys!

I hope you’ll like it!

Magical Regards.
waas
View Profile
New user
29 Posts

Profile of waas
Hey again.

Since almost three weeks went without any feedback, I'm willing to give out a free copy (promo code) for some magic fellas willing to write a full and honest review.
Anyone interested? Send me then a PM with links to review posts you already made.

Have a nice day!

Waas
daniltan
View Profile
Elite user
477 Posts

Profile of daniltan
I bought Numeralia after I purchased imaginary friend. I still prefer to perform imaginary friend-- although, if you perform Numeralia to a total stranger it will hit her straight to the brain. The method is genius and easy to do.
Phil1111
View Profile
New user
20 Posts

Profile of Phil1111
I was looking into your apps before I saw your posts. They seem really cool. The only thing holding me back is the interface. It seems too cartoony for me. I will give a full review on any of your apps if you would like. Smile
Phil1111
View Profile
New user
20 Posts

Profile of Phil1111
Full Review of NUMERALIA:

Thank you Waas for letting me play with this app, it was a blast!


The effect:
You have the spectator input their phone number and birthday (or any significant date) into NUMERALIA. The spectator mixes up the number. The magician puts the number back into order on a white, blank background. Then with the phone off, you reveal the spectators birthday or significant date.

Effect Thoughts:
It is an original idea that gets a bit personal with the spectator.
It will fool them and leave them in awe.
There is a very small chance of being caught, but this is unlikely.

Method:
The phone number rearrange is smart and very simple. No thought process needed to do it. It is very simple.
You can find out their birthday three, yes 3 different ways, all of which are very unique to one another.
Method flaws:
If the spectator is very observant they may get an idea in the phone number, but it is very unlikely they will catch it. They will never catch the birthday part.

Instructions/App Design:
Instructions are in text with images and there is a 32 minute video tutorial. I went over both and had a clear understanding how to perform it.
The app design is well laid out and smooth.
It has yet to crash or freeze. Only once the numbers got stuck and they began overlapping. This may be due to me going too fast in practice.

Extras:
I like the number vault but it does has a flaw in it. You will likely see what I mean when purchased but it has no impact the the effect performance.
I like that there are three different ways to find out their birthday.


Overall:
I like the effect and the method, I was initially concerned about the cartoon-y interface but the more I worked with it the more I liked it. I will send Mr. Waas some ideas that I believe can enhance this effect (not listed here to avoid spoiler). I would recommend this if your interested in this effect at all. It is very affordable and worth your money. You will like it. Smile
MattSzat
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of MattSzat
First off: thank you to waasos for entrusting his hard work to me. As a self-proclaimed bar magician, I thoroughly enjoy the ability to use phone apps. The convenience is unrivaled.

The quality of these applications is undeniable. The effort put forth is present from the very first time you open up any of the apps. All of them look similar to other games, (i.e. Fun Run and Solitaire). This immediately cancels out suspicion from the spectator. None of these effects will floor your audience, unless you take the time to develop a solid routine to accompany them.
Each app features a video and a text format of the "secrets". After completing both, you will have absolutely no additional questions and will be ready to perform (with practice, of course). However at an average time of about 30 mins a video, they are quite long. But, my concern with this might also be a product of the App Generation, as most DVD effects are of the similar length. Although, I would have preferred a real life performance of these effects as well. The omission of these performances gave the feeling of an app developer developing a magic trick, not a magician developing an app.

One overarching issue I had was easy access to the secret. On two of the apps, (Turbo Card and Numeralia) the link to the secret is right on the front page. You're supposed to "start" the app before handing to the spectator, but it's still to risky for me. Most apps I've used before have had a secret menu that you're given instructions to when you first download the app. After memorizing the simple steps, you can then choose to disable this pop up from appearing anymore.
The theme music in the beginning can become quite bothersome at times as well.
Overall, I was pleasantly surprised by each one, and they are well worth checking out.
For the individual reviews, I will go from least liked to most liked.


Numeralia

This app had the best design of all of them. The routine is portrayed as a game, and the design fits the mold. The "video game" feel should lower the shields of even the most suspicious spectators.
The secret to this one is quite clever. It looks way more complicated than it actually is, which is always a good thing.
However, the reason I did not like it as much as the others, was because it seems to be a more convoluted version of the classic calculator force. The methods are different, but the outcome is the same with the latter being quicker and more precise. With Numeralia it seems as if I I'd be paying just for the birth date aspect, which is brilliant but quite complicated for a minor result.
I feel this app would be hit or miss. To the non-suspicious spectator it probably would seem like a miracle, but to a slightly more observant audience this may just seem like a self worker completely dependent on the app.
I'd pay about 99 cents for this app.
Phil1111
View Profile
New user
20 Posts

Profile of Phil1111
Quote:
On Feb 19, 2016, MattSzat wrote:

I'd pay about 99 cents for this app.


Do you really think it is only worth $0.99? I mean a $0.99 magic effect not on a phone is never that cheap. Do not devalue it because it is an app. It has the same amount of work, if not more than a regular effect to create.
Expertmagician
View Profile
Inner circle
2476 Posts

Profile of Expertmagician
I am glad that you included a video of a real world performance. I am not sure if the few video cuts hid the method. But, if the video is true, it looked clean.

Funny why you picked a Mario Bros. type f look and feel ...was there a reason behind this ?

Thanks !
Long Island,

New York
Expertmagician
View Profile
Inner circle
2476 Posts

Profile of Expertmagician
I see one major flaw....

I feel that it is possible that the person may not want to enter their real phone number into the app, regardless of what you say.

Therefore, once you re-assemble the numbers in the correct order, they may not remember what numbers they originally gave you.
Long Island,

New York
Phil1111
View Profile
New user
20 Posts

Profile of Phil1111
Quote:
On Feb 19, 2016, Expertmagician wrote:
I see one major flaw....

I feel that it is possible that the person may not want to enter their real phone number into the app, regardless of what you say.

Therefore, once you re-assemble the numbers in the correct order, they may not remember what numbers they originally gave you.


I do see your point but if they do not want to put their number in you can always have them write it down.
Expertmagician
View Profile
Inner circle
2476 Posts

Profile of Expertmagician
Quote:
On Feb 19, 2016, Phil1111 wrote:
Quote:
On Feb 19, 2016, Expertmagician wrote:
I see one major flaw....

I feel that it is possible that the person may not want to enter their real phone number into the app, regardless of what you say.

Therefore, once you re-assemble the numbers in the correct order, they may not remember what numbers they originally gave you.


I do see your point but if they do not want to put their number in you can always have them write it down.



The only problem is that you would not know that ahead of time....let's face it, it is unlikely that a girl will tell you that they feel uncomfortable entering their phone number into an app on your phone. So, they may simply enter a similar number with a few random digits which come to mind.... regardless, I am simply speculating....after all the woman in your demo video was very attractive and give her phone number Smile ... unless it was staged ?
Long Island,

New York
jmbulg
View Profile
Loyal user
Belgium
206 Posts

Profile of jmbulg
Isn't the fact that the spectator enters the information into a smartphone (a computer) directly leading to the conclusion that the computer tells the magican what to do after the shuffle ??
waas
View Profile
New user
29 Posts

Profile of waas
Hi everyone:

I’m glad to announce that “NUMERALIA” app has been updated on Android and iOS devices.
I’ve added the most requested features that kind members suggested through private messages; here they are:

- Access to the secret and recorded phone numbers is now password protected!
- You can now delete any recorded phone number or birthday date you want!
- The looping sound in the menu lasts now a few seconds only.

Curiously, this app is the cheapest one (among my 3 apps) and the least downloaded; but this is the one I have most fun performing and I keep receiving emails from people so excited to gather so many phone numbers!

Thank you for the support and bright ideas.

My webbie page: http://ho-creative.com/numeralia-magic-app-phone/
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » APPS-alutely » » New magic app: " NUMERALIA " (3 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.26 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL