The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » CLEAR CHOICE by Thinking Paradox (Instant Download) (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Tom Jorgenson
View Profile
Inner circle
LOOSE ANGLES, CALIFORNIA
4451 Posts

Profile of Tom Jorgenson
Doesn't Target usually have a pretty good variety of acrylic Wine Glasses? You could probably take supplies and try them out...no one would know what you were doing.
We dance an invisible dance to music they cannot hear.
Davdo
View Profile
Regular user
New York
157 Posts

Profile of Davdo
I just paid a $20 tax for not thinking of this first. Deviously simple, appears more fair than MANY other commonly used forces. I'm very happy about this purchase, although there was an initial facepalm moment when I first watched the video.

~Dave
selectedmagic
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of selectedmagic
This is one of those hidden gems you can't afford to miss. Highly highly recommend this!
Last Laugh
View Profile
Inner circle
Grass Valley, California
3498 Posts

Profile of Last Laugh
This is really good! So clean and nobody will have any idea how it happened. I'm going to say this is an absolute steal for this price. I think I'm going to use this.
My Mentalism Podcast:
The Mystery Arts Podcast

Check out my products!

Direct from me (PW: cassidy)

On Penguin Magic
Nicolino
View Profile
Inner circle
2893 Posts

Profile of Nicolino
Absolutely!
The Mati Envelope
A brandnew peek device for the working mentalist!

Chance's Token
Tarot cards in a scenic piece of mystery.....
Scott Imler
View Profile
Special user
Calgary, Canada
545 Posts

Profile of Scott Imler
If the answer to my question reveals too much don't answer. Can the force be impromptu? In other words if I saw one person write an object down that I then wanted to force can that happen. In other words forcing on the fly. Or do you have to determine what number ,word or object you want to force in advance?
TIA
Last Laugh
View Profile
Inner circle
Grass Valley, California
3498 Posts

Profile of Last Laugh
It's not taught or intended that way, but you could do it using the method with some creative presentation.

But seriously - it's not very often a totally new, very practical method comes along. I could see this being sold to a select few for hundreds of dollars, honestly. It's so worth $20.
My Mentalism Podcast:
The Mystery Arts Podcast

Check out my products!

On Penguin Magic
Scott Imler
View Profile
Special user
Calgary, Canada
545 Posts

Profile of Scott Imler
Thanks Last Laugh can you do it with 2 glasses and force a different item from each glass.Have a routine that requires that and this may be an improvement
Last Laugh
View Profile
Inner circle
Grass Valley, California
3498 Posts

Profile of Last Laugh
Yes, they teach that for an ACAAN
My Mentalism Podcast:
The Mystery Arts Podcast

Check out my products!

On Penguin Magic
dancecoach
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of dancecoach
Is this a surefire method, or do you sometimes have to manage "unexpected outcomes"?

Thanks!
Magic KL
View Profile
Inner circle
2571 Posts

Profile of Magic KL
It is not 100%, but the video also shows you how to handle unexpected outcomes.
IMAGINACIAN
View Profile
Special user
In Your Thots
558 Posts

Profile of IMAGINACIAN
Quote:
On Sep 2, 2016, dancecoach wrote:
Is this a surefire method, or do you sometimes have to manage "unexpected outcomes"?

Thanks!

There is nothing called 'surefire' in magic or mentalism. Managing 'unexpected outcomes' is always part of the game.

But this is a fantastic new principle and worth far more than the asking price.

Welcome aboard.
There is no better freedom than choice and no better choice than freedom.
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12968 Posts

Profile of John C
Who thinks it "changed mentalism forever!"
WitchDocChris
View Profile
Inner circle
York, PA
2614 Posts

Profile of WitchDocChris
I wouldn't go that far - but it's a very good method in my opinion.
Christopher
Witch Doctor

Psycho Seance book: https://tinyurl.com/y873bbr4
Boffo eBook: https://tinyurl.com/387sxkcd
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7024 Posts

Profile of bowers
Not changed for sure.But
a different method for
obtaining information.
Todd
dancecoach
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of dancecoach
Quote:
On Sep 2, 2016, IMAGINACIAN wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 2, 2016, dancecoach wrote:

Thanks!

There is nothing called 'surefire' in magic or mentalism. Managing 'unexpected outcomes' is always part of the game.

But this is a fantastic new principle and worth far more than the asking price.

Welcome aboard.

Thank you! I have been in magic for a long time but rarely on the Café.

I am asking specifically because with Clear Choice it appears that everything can be done by the spectators. But should it be that e.g. in 20% of cases I would have to equivoque out or something else fishy then I'd pass. Such techniques don't work well with my regular high IQ audiences. While it's amazing that sometimes you can fool them badly with the "easiest" of methods, they usually don't fall for verbal manipulation.
WitchDocChris
View Profile
Inner circle
York, PA
2614 Posts

Profile of WitchDocChris
I would posit that it's not the intelligence level of your audience, but the lack of skill with equivoque. I do not say this to disparage you as a performer or a person, just that every little system and skill mentalists use has to be developed on its own. If you haven't devoted the time to developing the skill of equivoque-ing, then it won't be as invisible as it could be.

Personally, I find that "high IQ audiences" are my favorite to use with verbal manipulations. The key is creating a logical garden path for them to travel down, and then subtly removing that explanation as possible once they have no other options. In this specific example, it's important to make the elimination sequence seem consistent and logical and free choice. There has been quite a lot of material put out about this, but I have found that when I simply keep those ideas in mind and wing it, I do the best I can.
Christopher
Witch Doctor

Psycho Seance book: https://tinyurl.com/y873bbr4
Boffo eBook: https://tinyurl.com/387sxkcd
dancecoach
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of dancecoach
Quote:
On Sep 4, 2016, WitchDocChris wrote:
I would posit that it's not the intelligence level of your audience, but the lack of skill with equivoque.

I absolutely knew this would come up. Just take it for granted, it doesn't work well, so I'm trying to avoid it when I can.

Quote:
I do not say this to disparage you as a performer or a person, just that every little system and skill mentalists use has to be developed on its own. If you haven't devoted the time to developing the skill of equivoque-ing, then it won't be as invisible as it could be.

I have used basic equivoque successfully with small random sets, but haven't focused on it yet, there is so much more to do... and I certainly won't use it in my next stage performance.

Quote:
Personally, I find that "high IQ audiences" are my favorite to use with verbal manipulations. The key is creating a logical garden path for them to travel down, and then subtly removing that explanation as possible once they have no other options. In this specific example, it's important to make the elimination sequence seem consistent and logical and free choice. There has been quite a lot of material put out about this, but I have found that when I simply keep those ideas in mind and wing it, I do the best I can.

Right - "make the elimination sequence consistent, logical, free choice" - but how do I know whether the elimination process in this method could seem fair to a clever audience without having more information about the bad outs/seen a performance that requires equivoque?

Being a Mensa and Intertel member myself I have performed at many high IQ gatherings nationally and internationally over the last 10+ years. So when I appear on stage there are 100-500 open-minded, dedicated high IQ people with all kinds of backgrounds sitting in front of me. When I have volunteers on stage they often try to outsmart me - naturally! In general, a good switch will much more easily fly by them than any verbal manipulation.

This "Clear Choice" could serve me well in my next appearance IF I knew that the required equivoque works (which I doubt, but I don't know the workings here). Try stuff like Colossal Blizzard 2.0 and you will go down the drain...
dancecoach
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of dancecoach
So, anyone using this?
Argon
View Profile
Regular user
Germany
159 Posts

Profile of Argon
Hi, I also own this effect but as far as I know it does not involve an equivoque. Rather it is a force method.
Hope that helps.
Cheers
Stefan
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » CLEAR CHOICE by Thinking Paradox (Instant Download) (3 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL