The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » "None of the Above" - Guinn's powerful anytime, anywhere routine with just one coin (7 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6583 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
My new coin eBook, "None of the Above" is finished! It will be available for purchase on my page at Lybrary in the very near future. This one is different, strong, and very engaging. Here's the official ad copy:

"None of the Above" is Scott F. Guinn’s anytime, anywhere coin routine that uses just one coin and nothing else; no extra coins, no tricky coins, no gimmicks, no secret utility devices. It includes the complete, commercial con man/hustler-themed storyline that will hook your audiences and reel them in. Like all of Scott’s books, the writing is thorough, understandable, and conversational, accompanied by clear and helpful photographs.

From the introduction:
I first published it in 1999 in Great Scott! It's (Coin) Magic! Since then, the routine has evolved from a quickie vanish to a full-fledged, multi-phased professional routine. The presentational premise remains the same, although the details of the storyline have changed. It is one of those rare things that is ultra-simple, yet exceptionally strong. "Elegant" is an overused word, but I think it applies.
Some key points:
1. Only one coin is used. NOTHING else.
2. The coin can be from any country.
3. No difficult sleights are used. Just a couple of moves, which are relatively easy to acquire.
4. It can be performed in a short-sleeved shirt, or in a jacket, suit, tux, etc.
5. When the coin vanishes at the end, it is G-O-N-E, gone!
6. While it is absolutely impromptu, it also works perfectly in formal, paying engagements.
7. The storyline is engaging.
8. It is unique. It's not something the guys at the magic club are doing, and it's not something your audiences have seen.
9. For those who care about such things, because the method is so unusual, it completely fools other magicians.

I think you’ll find that the fun you have performing it and the response you get from your onlookers will reward you many times over the modest asking price.

"None of the Above" is just $10. Get your copy ONLY at Lybrary!

http://www.lybrary.com/scott-f-guinn-m-235.html
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
Glenn Watson
View Profile
Special user
755 Posts

Profile of Glenn Watson
The coin can be from any country??? I hope palming isn't involved,because this guy has the is flashing a wee bit.

Https://images.search.yahoo.com/images/v......=mozilla
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
6583 Posts

LOL! I didn't say ANY coins from any country. I'm sure that country has a smaller denomination coin made from a pebble or something . . . Smile

People always want to know if money and coin routines only work with U.S. money--hence the statement in the OP.
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
HoDinhYu
View Profile
New user
66 Posts

Profile of HoDinhYu
Hi Scott, the purchase link doesn't work?
Darrin Cook
View Profile
Special user
621 Posts

Profile of Darrin Cook
I've been toying with this, and it's great to have a routine that I can do on a moment's notice--no gimmicks, funny coins, sleeves, etc. This is also an effect that can play for a larger group.
Glenn Watson
View Profile
Special user
755 Posts

Profile of Glenn Watson
"I'm sure that country has a smaller denomination coin made from a pebble"
I guess if someome asked them if they could break a $100. Pebbles might be the end result.Also a s##ll is probably easily obtainable in this country.
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
6583 Posts

Quote:
On Jan 20, 2016, HoDinhYu wrote:
Hi Scott, the purchase link doesn't work?

Hi,

Sorry for the confusion. The link in my previous post wasn't the purchase link--the routine wasn't listed yet when I submitted that post. That link is to my page at Lybrary, showing all of my available items. However, NOTA since HAS been listed and is now available for purchase. The direct link is:
http://www.lybrary.com/none-of-the-above......102.html

Thanks for your interest!
My Lybrary Page
Darrin Cook
View Profile
Special user
621 Posts

Profile of Darrin Cook
I should also add that Scott has some great advice on the challenge effect, or what I might call on-the-spot patter: Is the ball in my pocket or under the cup? Which shell is the pea under? Which coin is in my hand?

The success of the trick often depends on the spectator being wrong. Scott walks through a better way of handling these scenarios.
Munskin
View Profile
Loyal user
Cheshire, UK
297 Posts

Profile of Munskin
Scott was kind enough to send me a copy of this to review and, after reading it, and going through the routine, I thought I'd share my thoughts.

I thought this was just going to be another one coin routine, in the style of David (Roth or Stone, your choice), but it isn't. When Scott says it's a trick your spectators will not have seen before, he's dead on. This is really good.

I'm not much of a coin guy by any stretch of the imagination, but I'm going to learn this. Not only does it use a minimum of props (it's just one coin, which could be borrowed, if they don't mind not getting it back!), but it plays very big. Every thing is done above waist level, so parlour shows and big tables at events can join in with this. I could even see myself putting some work into a script and using this at a comedy club.

The moves are not technical by any stretch ("knacky" would probably be a better word), but are worth putting the effort into mastering. As Scott says in the ebook, once learned, you can apply them to other routines using small objects.

If you're looking for a new coin routine that you can do pretty much anywhere, that has a great premise and presentation with strong magic, you'll love this.

Also, just to echo Darrin's thought's above, the ideas behind challenge magic are great too, and could end up saving you from making a child cry! Smile

Excellent stuff Scott!
Doug Arden
View Profile
Special user
886 Posts

Profile of Doug Arden
I'll echo what both Darrin and Munskin have said. Anytime, anywhere with an ungimmicked coin. Great routine and for $10, it's a steal! You won't be disappointed.

Doug
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
6583 Posts

Thanks, guys! Much appreciated! I hope you get lots of use out of this.
My Lybrary Page
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » "None of the Above" - Guinn's powerful anytime, anywhere routine with just one coin (7 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL