The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Size of thumbtip? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

philipmac
View Profile
Regular user
Australia
113 Posts

Profile of philipmac
Does anyone know of what size thumbtip I should buy, as I live far away from any magic shop and can't try one on for size. My thumb is very small (Around 58mm long and 20mm wide.) So does anyone know of the best size and/or brand for my thumb.
Thanks once again for your help.
MrCyNic
View Profile
Loyal user
England
238 Posts

Profile of MrCyNic
Hey - nice one! Your thumb's the exact same size as mine! What are the odds? We could be, like, thumb-twins or something...

Anyway, I use two sizes of TT: the regular-size one (around 50mm long) from the Vernet "Magic Fingers" set or, for larger loads, the Vernet "King Size" (around 60mm). Both sizes are perfectly comfortable and deceptive.

In short, I don't think you're going to have any problems.

Cheers,

Cy.
irossall
View Profile
Special user
Snohomish, Washington
529 Posts

Profile of irossall
As inexpensive as they are compared to the invaluable use you will get from it, my suggestion is to buy half a dozen of various small to medium sizes and take it from there.
When you compare the price of a Thumbtip and think of all the possible effects this little gem allows you to do, with the price of most props that limit what you can do, the Thumbtip is much more than a bargain.
Iven Smile
Give the gift of Life, Be an Organ Donor.
Chickens and Beandip
View Profile
New user
Canada
83 Posts

Profile of Chickens and Beandip
What effect does a thumbtip give, or is it just better card handling?

late.
B)
philipmac
View Profile
Regular user
Australia
113 Posts

Profile of philipmac
Quote:
Anyway, I use two sizes of TT: the regular-size one (around 50mm long) from the Vernet "Magic Fingers" set or, for larger loads, the Vernet "King Size" (around 60mm). Both sizes are perfectly comfortable and deceptive.

Are these the ones you are talking about:
Vernet (48mm long, 22mm opening)
Vernet King (60mm long, 22mm opening)

Also what are soft thumb-tips like.
And what are the best colours to use with Vernet Thumb-Tips.
irossall
View Profile
Special user
Snohomish, Washington
529 Posts

Profile of irossall
Quote:
On 2004-03-04 17:12, Chickens and Beandip wrote:
What effect does a thumbtip give, or is it just better card handling?

late.
B)

It is a utility that allows you to do hundreds of effects that your brain creates. In other words, you think of an effect you want to do and the TT will be a great aid in accomplishing that effect (within reason).
I suggest you talk to some Magician's or buy a book on the subject and you will see what I mean. This is not the place to divulge the secrets of Magic, if you know what I mean.
Check it out, you will want to get one of these precious little gems.
Iven Smile
Give the gift of Life, Be an Organ Donor.
MrCyNic
View Profile
Loyal user
England
238 Posts

Profile of MrCyNic
Philipmac, I've PMd you a link and a little more information, to avoid the exposure issue.

Hope that's helpful.

Cheers,

Cy.
Mike Walton
View Profile
Special user
Chicago
984 Posts

Profile of Mike Walton
It was recommended to me that when I buy a thumbtip, the fit should hold so that when I point my thumb downward, it won't fall off, but when I flicked my hand it flies off. You don't need to really push in your thumb too far. If I ever "screw up" with the tip, it's when I accidentally sneak my thumb in too far rather than just put it on with a light touch.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Size of thumbtip? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL