The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Magic Café Tech Help Area » » Spell check » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

troppobob
View Profile
Veteran user
Crescent Head Australia
372 Posts

Profile of troppobob
G'day

Is there a spell check option and if so how is it accessed?

Troppo Bob

:jump:
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4855 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Sorry, can't have everything. There is no spell check currently in the Café.
Where the magic begins
Steven Steele
View Profile
Chief of Staff
1868 Posts

Profile of Steven Steele
If you have Microsoft Word (or equivalent), you can write your post in there and then after it is cleaned up copy it into your post area and submit it.

For large posts, I will often take it in the other direction to clean it up as quickly as possible. Doing it this way will help out our Grammar Hosts immeasurably! I want to thank you for thinking proactively on this subject.

Steven
Coram Deo
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4824 Posts

Profile of Dave V
I've just learned of a slick add-in to Internet Explorer called iespell. It can be downloaded for free at http://www.iespell.com

It adds a spell check feature that checks any open edit windows (while you are writing your message) and with a couple of clicks it will check what you wrote. It does not work on the finished page, just what you're writing, which should be just what you're looking for.
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
Liam Jones
View Profile
Veteran user
384 Posts

Profile of Liam Jones
Quote:
On 2004-03-17 22:42, Dave VanVranken wrote:
I've just learned of a slick add-in to Internet Explorer called iespell. It can be downloaded for free at http://www.iespell.com

It adds a spell check feature that checks any open edit windows (while you are writing your message) and with a couple of clicks it will check what you wrote. It does not work on the finished page, just what you're writing, which should be just what you're looking for.

does it work for the Café ???
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4824 Posts

Profile of Dave V
Yes, it works from within any form entry box before the message is posted. For example, I can spell check this message as I'm typing it. As soon as I hit "Submit Reply" it becomes part of the web page and can't be checked.

http://www.iespell.com
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
Skulldini
View Profile
New user
N. California
80 Posts

Profile of Skulldini
Dave,
Thanks for the info on the free spell check, seems to work for everything I use.
Thanks again
Skulldini Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Magic Café Tech Help Area » » Spell check » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL