The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Magic and Leadership (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Nat
View Profile
Special user
566 Posts

Profile of Nat
I am a teacher and magic hobbyist - I have been asked to give a speech incorporating magic and leadership to a group of hospital administrators and their employees - I would sure appreciate your guidance and direction.
I have many standard magic effects that I could possibility use in a presentation; I'm just not sure about "patter" and "communicating leadership principles"...magic is about transformation and change, motivation and influence, perception and creativity... I need to relate those objectives in a direct manner about leadership...anyway, if you have any ideas, I would be grateful.
Nathan

Many thanks!
charliecheckers
View Profile
Inner circle
1969 Posts

Profile of charliecheckers
Nat - why did you post this in Tricky Business?
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
If only there was a "Cooperate Magic" form on The Magic Café.

Nat, list 15 tricks you have that you can perform well.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Nat, you have to have knowledge about the subject matter in order to make a relationship between magic and the topics you mentioned. Just turn down the job. It is clear you do not have any knowledge of giving motivational lectures.

I use to give motivational classes, and it quite an experience. There are many books on the subject, and you need to read the best of the best to get the points you need. Incorporating them with tricks is another process as well.
Nat
View Profile
Special user
566 Posts

Profile of Nat
Quote:
On Jan 24, 2016, Dynamike wrote:
If only there was a "Cooperate Magic" form on The Magic Café.

Nat, list 15 tricks you have that you can perform well.

Thanks - have sent a pm to you!
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
In general I included topics that could fit the tricks.

I advise you to search the internet on a blog speaking of leadership. You can pick up more lines on how your tricks will fit in with what is being explained.

Also imagine you are reading a book on leadership. Focus on the first chapter explain what leadership is. Focus on one of you tricks that can blend in with what is being explained. Imagine the next chapter explain how leadership is used. Focus on one of you tricks that can blend in with what is being explained. Keep thinking up a different chapter so you will get an idea of what tricks you have and how can they be used to blend it with the topic.

Here is a demo of me talking to kids about education: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckBLZFiEuUM
Nat
View Profile
Special user
566 Posts

Profile of Nat
Thanks Dynamike -- your recent PM is terrific! -- your ideas and comments blend magic with effective leadership skills -- you are right, I'll expand your quotes to truly connect with the audience -- enjoyed your video, too.

I sure appreciate your guidance!

Nat

Quote:
On Jan 26, 2016, Dynamike wrote:
In general I included topics that could fit the tricks.

I advise you to search the internet on a blog speaking of leadership. You can pick up more lines on how your tricks will fit in with what is being explained.

Also imagine you are reading a book on leadership. Focus on the first chapter explain what leadership is. Focus on one of you tricks that can blend in with what is being explained. Imagine the next chapter explain how leadership is used. Focus on one of you tricks that can blend in with what is being explained. Keep thinking up a different chapter so you will get an idea of what tricks you have and how can they be used to blend it with the topic.

Here is a demo of me talking to kids about education: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckBLZFiEuUM
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
You are most welcome.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Magic and Leadership (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL