The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Mystic Mind Spheres - Magic Wagon (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

simcoscor
View Profile
Inner circle
montreal
1140 Posts

Profile of simcoscor
The latest Magic Wagon release is available NOW (and probably for today only...)!

Mystic Mind Spheres

Based on an original idea from Mr. Jack Hughes’s Penetra-Spheres.
A beautiful tray is shown, along with a small wooden cup, a shot glass, and four different colored “balls” (crystal like beads). The wooden cup is then placed in the center of the tray and the shot glass is inverted over the top, making it impossible for anything to enter the cup without first removing the glass. One of the colored balls is freely selected and then they are all now placed in recesses around the shot glass. A cloth is then spread over the tray, covering the shot glass and the colored balls. The spectator is then asked to concentrate on the colored ball they selected and to the spectator’s surprise, when the performer removes the cloth, the chosen ball is now INSIDE the wooden cup which has remained covered by the inverted shot glass!!

Click here for details and some pics...

Simon
simcoscor
View Profile
Inner circle
montreal
1140 Posts

Profile of simcoscor
Only 2 left...
simcoscor
View Profile
Inner circle
montreal
1140 Posts

Profile of simcoscor
Sold out!
j.morl
View Profile
New user
36 Posts

Profile of j.morl
Hi Simon, would you say this is suitable for a beginner??
Raymond42
View Profile
New user
82 Posts

Profile of Raymond42
Hi,

I purchased Mystic Mind Spheres a couple of years ago, it's a beautiful and a TOTALLY baffling effect, which I love performing. Suitable for beginners, as there are no sleights - but careful handling is required, to ensure smooth transfer of the ball to the cup. This is not difficult - just a little practice and familiarising of the mechanism.
j.morl
View Profile
New user
36 Posts

Profile of j.morl
Thank you Raymond that is very helpful. I have been offered one but am not sure what price to offer!
Raymond42
View Profile
New user
82 Posts

Profile of Raymond42
I paid £225.00 for mine back in August 2016, so a fair price now might be around £250 - 300. If you can get it cheaper, it'd be a bargain! Good luck. I made alternative balls from PlayDough, which I've found works better for me than those provided - cheap & easy to make.
j.morl
View Profile
New user
36 Posts

Profile of j.morl
Excellent I shall make the guy an offer and see what happens?
If you don’t mind me asking why did you need to make a different set of balls?
Raymond42
View Profile
New user
82 Posts

Profile of Raymond42
The original balls were solid and could 'talk' - there's no sound with PlayDough balls - but you must make them perfectly round!
j.morl
View Profile
New user
36 Posts

Profile of j.morl
That’s a great tip, thank you!!
I have just purchased so now excited to get it.
How did you manage to get them perfectly round??
Raymond42
View Profile
New user
82 Posts

Profile of Raymond42
Might take a few attempts, but just roll them between your hands, then leave them to 'set'. PlayDough is available in a variety of colours
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6748 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On Mar 16, 2018, Raymond42 wrote:
I paid £225.00 for mine back in August 2016, so a fair price now might be around £250 - 300. If you can get it cheaper, it'd be a bargain! Good luck.

AFA resale price, I have bought and sold a few MW pieces. I'm not a collector, I'm a user, and if I like an MW effect I will buy it if I can.
I realize certain MW items are going to have more value than others but it's been my experience that they certainly all do not go up in value. I have never sold one for more than I paid for it new. In fact, I've never even broken even. I've always had to take a loss, a couple times fairly substantial. So even though a fair price might be 250-300, if that seller were to list it here on the Café I would guess he would get under 200, probably well under.

Of course there are probably better ways to sell an MW item than to list it here on the Café. But my point is that folks shouldn't assume that all MW items are going up in value every day once they sell out originally.
j.morl
View Profile
New user
36 Posts

Profile of j.morl
Looking at sold prices on the big auction site I would agree with you video man.
My purchase was under the original selling price so I’m happy. My daughter will make use of the play dough when I’m done with it I’m sure:)
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3058 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Love this effect and made a few tweaks that I shared on the Café awhile back. I found a nice set of wooden beads for it that fit better with the look of the prop. j.mori if you send me your e-mail via PM I will send you photos of the little additions I made.

John
Magic Dust
View Profile
Inner circle
1455 Posts

Profile of Magic Dust
Quote:
On Mar 16, 2018, Raymond42 wrote:
The original balls were solid and could 'talk' - there's no sound with PlayDough balls

Thanks for this great hint, those were exactly my concerns ...

but if there are possibilities for spare balls magic could happen
erichoudini
View Profile
Regular user
200 Posts

Profile of erichoudini
Hi. Can anyone please direct me to a video performance of the Magic Wagon Mystic Spheres effect? Thank you.
Eric
Jitterbug
View Profile
New user
Belgium
79 Posts

Profile of Jitterbug
I would like to revive this thread, because I am interested in this effect. I could not find any video performance. Am I looking in the wrong place?
The crack in the middle of the wooden base due to separation of the two halves seems to be a recurring problem. Does everyone have that? If so, how did you solve it?

Thx for any info on this effect!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Mystic Mind Spheres - Magic Wagon (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL