The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Event Horizon by Hand Crafted Miracles (21 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
Slackerking
View Profile
Special user
605 Posts

Profile of Slackerking
Http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S20536?action=wishlist

Anyone have any knowledge of this? Looks great to me but I've been burned the last couple of purchases buying into hype so I'm wary.
MagicBrent
View Profile
Inner circle
2096 Posts

Profile of MagicBrent
Looks great and I'm intrigued but reminds me of my gonzo still in the box
pelicantrapper
View Profile
Loyal user
VA
201 Posts

Profile of pelicantrapper
Looks bad. Reminds me of subterfuge and bandaids.
Legendary Wizard
View Profile
Inner circle
The Wizard , The Legend 162,885,947,3659,
1719 Posts

Profile of Legendary Wizard
I don't get it ... There's already so much gimmicks to vanish items on the market , is there a real need to add on even more every few months ?

I'll stick with my retention vanish unless I see something extraordinary .
" Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one " ...

- Albert Einstein
Slackerking
View Profile
Special user
605 Posts

Profile of Slackerking
A retention vanish doesn't work with short sleeves. I only wear t shirts so that's a deal breaker for me.
Stucky
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Batman!
1344 Posts

Profile of Stucky
I wish more research would go into naming magic products. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z69QOHKNa64
Official Thread Killer
Legendary Wizard
View Profile
Inner circle
1719 Posts

Much coincidence ...

- Albert Einstein
pelicantrapper
View Profile
Loyal user
VA
201 Posts

Quote:
On Jan 27, 2016, Slackerking wrote:
A retention vanish doesn't work with short sleeves. I only wear t shirts so that's a deal breaker for me.

You could do a retention vanish naked. Do you mean it does not work because you are still left dirty in one hand?

I agree Stucky.
magicman29
View Profile
Inner circle
hertfordshire
1207 Posts

Profile of magicman29
Just ordered, it looks like its a better handling than gonzo and cheaper. Will report back after playing around with it. Fingers crossed!

Kieran
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4124 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
I have seen this a while back and I do like the look of this one, will have to save my pennies.
Slackerking
View Profile
Special user
605 Posts

Profile of Slackerking
Quote:
On Jan 27, 2016, pelicantrapper wrote:
Quote:
On Jan 27, 2016, Slackerking wrote:

You could do a retention vanish naked. Do you mean it does not work because you are still left dirty in one hand?

I agree Stucky.

Lol, sorry I wasn't reading closely. I was actually referring to utilities like Gonzo where you need cover to use.
Maxy
View Profile
Veteran user
398 Posts

Profile of Maxy
It looks interesting.
Razamabaz
View Profile
New user
32 Posts

Profile of Razamabaz
In the video on youtube I'm sure I saw the gimmick as he tried to show his hands were empty.
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3727 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
Quote:
On Jan 28, 2016, Razamabaz wrote:
In the video on youtube I'm sure I saw the gimmick as he tried to show his hands were empty.

Well done. You deserve a round of applause from everyone.
Slackerking
View Profile
Special user
605 Posts

Profile of Slackerking
The sound of one hand clapping.
Legendary Wizard
View Profile
Inner circle
1719 Posts

I'm sure I sure saw a force being done on " Force of Will by Dave Hooper " as he tried to let the audience pick a card !!!

Jk , Dave did a good job on forcing .

- Albert Einstein
pelicantrapper
View Profile
Loyal user
VA
201 Posts

The demo does flash bad.
Thomsc
View Profile
New user
London
17 Posts

Profile of Thomsc
I have it!

Had it a couple of weeks and I have to say I love it.

Now, I'm not a worker, just a performing hobbyist (monthly stage show and lots of street/cafe stuff) but this thing will never leave your side. I will absolutely be using this in close-up work.

Fancy doing chop cup and want to use that coffee cup (paper or china)? Do it, it will fry them, especially anyone that "knows what you are doing". I've started using it alongside my PK ring to allow me to use either hand (now that FRIES magi when you suddenly stop using your ring hand...) Think Craig Petty's Chop'd or Axel Hecklau's Just a Cup.

Yes there might be a flash on the YouTube, but we all know that real life is very different from video. Event Horizon is not invisible, but with proper handling and basic presentation and misdirection it might as well be. You really can handle anything you want naturally, I made dinner with mine in place earlier. Just because.

No wires, pulls, if its there then you have no get ready either. Perform in any clothing, or lack of, you want.

Vanish, transpose (we've already come up with a transposition version of that matchbox effect), hold out, PK effects, impromptu chop cup - it's *** good. I've even started using the belt clip for another effect.

Like I said, I'm just a busy hobbyist, I'm sure you workers will have a host of devices to compare it against, each with it's own particular issues. I haven't found one with Event Horizon yet.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
4033 Posts

Profile of videoman
That's one good review but I'd love to see some more.
Anyone?
Thomsc
View Profile
New user
London
17 Posts

Profile of Thomsc
Thanks videoman.

Yes, I know I haven't posted much, but I'm not a new user. I've been lurking and reading and researching here for almost 2 years.

No, I don't know anyone at Handcrafted Miracles personally, other than through the Event Horizon owner FB page, where Dan Frecks has been very helpful.

Thom
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Event Horizon by Hand Crafted Miracles (21 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.22 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL