The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Event Horizon by Hand Crafted Miracles (21 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7
Roki
View Profile
Special user
London
749 Posts

Profile of Roki
This looks very useful and a great compliment to my other devices that achieve similar results. Some require a ring or a jacket but I can show my hands empty immediately. But the spec may silently suspect the sleeve or ring .
So may I ask ...and I am not expecting this much of a miracle , just clarifying how I may use it...
1.Can you show the palms empty with the prosthetic in place ?
a. Casually when there is no heat on the hands? Perhaps before you vanish anything
b After some vanishes when they will be burning the palms? Say during a routine when they are looking for vanished items.
c. Immediately on vanishing a coin ? I am assuming the prosthetic does not hide the coin when its just been vanished to a palm .

2. Is the vanish silent due to padding or absorbancy or is it a clicker.

3. Can you ditch the coin from the prosthetic to the belt item?

Thank you Dan , and thanks for creating a great addition to our utility belts!
Dannicus
View Profile
Special user
San Diego Ca.
618 Posts

Profile of Dannicus
Sorry for the delayed response...busy days this last week.

To answer your questions:

1) yes I do it all the time. I shake hands with it in place and gesture naturally. I avoid straight vanishes that may cause someone to burn my dirty hand. I prefer transpositions or routines that give me better misdirection. This being said wr also make a r€€l that allows for you to work unencumbered but instantly hooked up with a wave of your hand. Personally I have never felt the need for it and I prefer to work in a t shirt so.... I believe a good routine alleviates issues with them looking for a vanish. With the EH in place you can shuffle cards and handle coins etc. Normally. You can execute shuffle passes and still have the ability to bring objects in and out of play without ever touching them.

Without the r€€l you cannot show your hands immediately empty. If you are looking for a straight vanish with instant empty hands then this is not the best product for that. However being not hooked up to anything it allows for some nice freedom.

We provide the prosthetic with a padded surface to keep down talking but as with anything practice distance speed and items you are using all play a factor. I generally am extremely silent and often use no padding at all but I know exactly how to approach and pick up most items I work with. With practice it is very silent.

Yes you can ditch a lot of items to the belt clip and we have sold a number of them to folks as a second or even as a free standing holdout.

I hope this helps answer your questions.

I will send you a PM as well.
Owner of Handcrafted Miracles, San Diego
www.handcraftedmiracles.com

See our items and like us on Facebook at
www.facebook.com/handcraftedmiracles
Legendary Wizard
View Profile
Inner circle
The Wizard , The Legend 162,885,947,3659,
1695 Posts

Profile of Legendary Wizard
Okay ... One more question before I invest on this ... I've got very sweaty hands , I don't know how this works , but could the gimmick still be placed on my pa*m and work ?
" Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one " ...

- Albert Einstein
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Quote:
On Mar 26, 2016, Magician560 wrote:
Okay ... One more question before I invest on this ... I've got very sweaty hands , I don't know how this works , but could the gimmick still be placed on my pa*m and work ?

Yes, but if your hands are very sweaty you may have to experiment with various adhesive methods. (Dan offers advice on three - I think - different products to use but there are more than that available).

A PM to Dan will undoubtedly get you a lot better answer than mine.

Jim
Dannicus
View Profile
Special user
San Diego Ca.
618 Posts

Profile of Dannicus
Shoot me a PM for sure. It isn't solely held on by adhesive either but I can help you out. We have been working with a manufacturer to provide a product that is pretty amazing to keep the prosthetic securely in place. I too have very sweaty hands so I know exactly your concern. We will get you covered I promise.

SleepyMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Hopefully I'll pass my exams with
1646 Posts

Profile of SleepyMagic
Quote:
On Mar 27, 2016, Dannicus wrote:
Shoot me a PM for sure. It isn't solely held on by adhesive either but I can help you out. We have been working with a manufacturer to provide a product that is pretty amazing to keep the prosthetic securely in place. I too have very sweaty hands so I know exactly your concern. We will get you covered I promise.

Is this product an adhesive...I personally don't use the adhesive as it just stays on my hand....

Sleepy
Dannicus
View Profile
Special user
San Diego Ca.
618 Posts

Profile of Dannicus
Thanks for the report sleepy I know that some people can keep it in place with no adhesive at all, but I think most people require some form of extra adhesion to keep it in place. I've been working with adhesive manufacturer and we've come up with a flesh-colored putty made specifically for magicians that I have been testing that works extremely well. I hope to be releasing it shortly. It works incredibly will on boons and other applications as well. I have even used it for card on ceiling. I think it will have a ton of applications even outside the EH

Dannicus
View Profile
Special user
San Diego Ca.
618 Posts

Profile of Dannicus
For all of you EH users who have joined the private Facebook group. We just posted info on the long awaited Gravity Putty that we have been working with an adhesive manifacturer to create. It acts like poster tack but has about 5× better adherance. This has lots of other uses as . It is flesh colored and can be used for card on ceiling or any number of effects that would ordinarily require poster tack or magicians wax. It's the first tetra adhesive putty I have seen designed specifically for magicians and it is amazing. It will hold a boon or bug writer more securely than I ever thought possible.

This will be exclusively available for the time being for those EH users that have joined the private group.

Thanks

Dannicus
View Profile
Special user
San Diego Ca.
618 Posts

Profile of Dannicus
Hi all it has been a while. I just posted a new routine and instructions in the Private EH users group on facebook. If you haven't stopped by for a while go have a look.

All the best,
Dan

jimesw
View Profile
Special user
675 Posts

Profile of jimesw
Where is the link to the private Facebook group? I just bought this item Smile fantastic.
SleepyMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Hopefully I'll pass my exams with
1646 Posts

Profile of SleepyMagic
Yes I have the same question.... Have been using this for a while now and loving it but I can't find the Facebook group

Sleepy
Dannicus
View Profile
Special user
San Diego Ca.
618 Posts

Profile of Dannicus
Hey guys thanks for the question. Instructions were provided in the insert as well but basically you need to login to Facebook and "like" Handcrafted Miracles.

Then from within Facebook send us a private message asking us to add you to the group along with your proof of purchase. It is a private group so there is no visible link.

I hope this helps.

Dan

TheGreatRaymondo
View Profile
Special user
Manchester, England
969 Posts

Profile of TheGreatRaymondo
Just placed my order with the Merchant of Magic. I couldn't resist it!
We are inclined to believe those whom we do not know because they have not yet deceived us...
3piecesweet
View Profile
New user
UK
32 Posts

Profile of 3piecesweet
Yeah, me too.
magic in mind
View Profile
Special user
851 Posts

Profile of magic in mind
Asked to join facebook page and showed purchase receipt haven't been added my intials p.s. have the joker as my profile pic.I bought from mom overnight deal 17 quid
magic in mind
View Profile
Special user
851 Posts

Profile of magic in mind
Thanks for adding me.
magic in mind
View Profile
Special user
851 Posts

Profile of magic in mind
Love the Facebook page so many ideas...worth the investment alone.I got this very cheap from mom.Yes some folk say routines can be already done with a certain ring.However with Eh your clearly not wearing a ring.My expensive ring broke into pieces when I accidentally dropped it.This was a much cheaper and better replacement.I remember penn tellers fool us.Penn said to the guy you couldn't do that without wearing a ring.If he'd had this I'm sure he'd been off to Vegas.The Facebook group is worth the money alone.At the moment I'm somewhat busy with rubiks cubes.But still my head is ticking about this device.
Dannicus
View Profile
Special user
San Diego Ca.
618 Posts

Profile of Dannicus
Quote:
On Oct 11, 2016, magic in mind wrote:
Love the Facebook page so many ideas...worth the investment alone.I got this very cheap from mom.Yes some folk say routines can be already done with a certain ring.However with Eh your clearly not wearing a ring.My expensive ring broke into pieces when I accidentally dropped it.This was a much cheaper and better replacement.I remember penn tellers fool us.Penn said to the guy you couldn't do that without wearing a ring.If he'd had this I'm sure he'd been off to Vegas.The Facebook group is worth the money alone.At the moment I'm somewhat busy with rubiks cubes.But still my head is ticking about this device.

Thank you for this. We have a new release that has been soaking up all my time but I hope to get some more routines recorded and posted soon for this. I am glad that you see the benefits and even from a strength perspective I think the EH has a lot of advantages.

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Event Horizon by Hand Crafted Miracles (21 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL