The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Event Horizon by Hand Crafted Miracles (21 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Instead of practicing, I made
3009 Posts

Profile of MaxfieldsMagic
Quote:
On Feb 12, 2016, videoman wrote:
Can anyone compare this device to other recent releases such as Gonzo or whatever it is called?

Gonzo was advertised as a sleeveless solution, but due to the angles and what it is I'd personally only use it with sleeves. EH works just as well with or without sleeves.

After you load EH, you still have considerable freedom to gesture with your hands and arms as you talk, which you really don't with Gonzo until after you do a cleanup move.

The one benefit to Gonzo is that you can give slow and full on views of both sides of your hand immediately after you load it, provided that the angles are exactly right, which you cannot do with EH.

With EH, there are no moving parts to break like there are with Gonzo - look at the Gonzo thread and you'll see that several people had issues with one essential plastic part breaking.

Some people love Gonzo. IMO, Gonzo is a good idea that would be made better if it allowed for silent and quick hands-free operation, similar to the old brass gambler's holdouts. EH is easier to set up, comfortable to wear and easy to ring in and out.
Now appearing nightly in my basement.
Ceierry
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1582 Posts

Profile of Ceierry
Any magic shop that carries EH and Triad Coins available?
Author of 10S Star Sign Divination - olivier.ceierry@gmail.com for a digital copy.
Dannicus
View Profile
Special user
San Diego Ca.
618 Posts

Profile of Dannicus
Quote:
On Feb 12, 2016, Ceierry wrote:
Any magic shop that carries EH and Triad Coins available?

I don't know about the triad coins but I think Event Horizon has pretty much sold out at almost every magic vendor that I am aware of. Please rest assured that we are working long hours on some large reorder numbers to make them available again as soon as possible.
Owner of Handcrafted Miracles, San Diego
www.handcraftedmiracles.com

See our items and like us on Facebook at
www.facebook.com/handcraftedmiracles
Dannicus
View Profile
Special user
San Diego Ca.
618 Posts

Profile of Dannicus
Hi all. I thought I'd post an effect here that can be done with the EH. It is simplicity itsself. Self working and bulletproof but never the less it bakes laymen. I use it to this day because it's mice occasionally to have a great effect that is reallysimple and foolproof so I can concentrate solely on performance. Again not trying to fool anyone here just show some capabilities. I will post some other much more sleight oriented and complex stuff in the next week as well.

Thanks,
Dan
https://youtu.be/JXrDh2Algo0

TRI6KED
View Profile
Elite user
UK
421 Posts

Profile of TRI6KED
Quote:
On Feb 16, 2016, Dannicus wrote:
Hi all. I thought I'd post an effect here that can be done with the EH. It is simplicity itsself. Self working and bulletproof but never the less it bakes laymen. I use it to this day because it's mice occasionally to have a great effect that is reallysimple and foolproof so I can concentrate solely on performance. Again not trying to fool anyone here just show some capabilities. I will post some other much more sleight oriented and complex stuff in the next week as well.

Thanks,
Dan

Like this. Made me laugh. ;-)

I believe I have clicked on to your workings and think I could use your gimmick. Lovely idea. Thanks for releasing this. Smile
Hopefully someone will have this at Blackpool.
Dannicus
View Profile
Special user
San Diego Ca.
618 Posts

Profile of Dannicus
Quote:
On Feb 16, 2016, TazBo wrote:
Quote:
On Feb 16, 2016, Dannicus wrote:

Thanks,
Dan

Like this. Made me laugh. ;-)

I believe I have clicked on to your workings and think I could use your gimmick. Lovely idea. Thanks for releasing this. Smile
Hopefully someone will have this at Blackpool.

Haha you are very welcome Taz. Again not trying to fool magicians with this but it is versatile and runs the gamut from the almost comically simple to the very complex and unbelieveable. In the next video I plan on showing how easy it is to manipulate and keep together or hold out and easily return anywhere from one- to a block of eight cards. Your hands remain free to shuffle and gesture naturally even while wearing the device. It can even be used in stage card manipulation.

Dannicus
View Profile
Special user
San Diego Ca.
618 Posts

Profile of Dannicus
Hey folks, we are still working round the clock to get the second and third round of orders out the door. Hopefully there will be some stock available this week with still more coming after Blackpool. For those of you who were lucky enough to get yours before the first round sold out do yourselves a big favor and join the private users group on Facebook. I shared 3 video routines last week with another two planned for this week.

When all is said and done we plan on providing over 30 solid hours of audience tested routines, ideas and related subject matter free of charge. Far more than we could have ever put in an initial instructional video. This is all included in the purchase price for the Event Horizon. Plus there have been some killer ideas presented by other users there as well. If you already have your EH don't miss out on this value added benefit. Come be a part of our think tank and make some insanely cool magic.

Dan

Craigers
View Profile
Loyal user
294 Posts

Profile of Craigers
Yeeha, mine arrived today, already downloaded the video and really looking forward to playing around with it. Thanks also to Dannicus for inviting me onto the facebook users group. Will post my thoughts on this after I've had the chance to practice a bit with it
Dannicus
View Profile
Special user
San Diego Ca.
618 Posts

Profile of Dannicus
Quote:
On Feb 17, 2016, Craigers wrote:
Yeeha, mine arrived today, already downloaded the video and really looking forward to playing around with it. Thanks also to Dannicus for inviting me onto the facebook users group. Will post my thoughts on this after I've had the chance to practice a bit with it

You are very welcome Craigers, I look forward to hearing your thoughts. Welcome to the family Smile

Russell Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Hampshire, England
1108 Posts

Profile of Russell Davidson
Can the item be retrieved easily?
Dannicus
View Profile
Special user
San Diego Ca.
618 Posts

Profile of Dannicus
Quote:
On Feb 18, 2016, Russell Davidson wrote:

Not entirely sure I know what you mean by retrieved but it is a prosthetic device worn on your hand that allows pretty much full freedom of movement while handling items normally. If you are speaking about how easily and quickly you can get it off or on I would say very easily. Either from your pocket or the matching belt clip that comes with it.

Russell Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Hampshire, England
1108 Posts

Profile of Russell Davidson
Quote:
On Feb 18, 2016, Dannicus wrote:
Quote:

Not entirely sure I know what you mean by retrieved but it is a prosthetic device worn on your hand that allows pretty much full freedom of movement while handling items normally. If you are speaking about how easily and quickly you can get it off or on I would say very easily. Either from your pocket or the matching belt clip that comes with it.

Sorry, that's not what I meant. I meant how easily can I get back the vanished item (say a coin) once it's gone? Could I steal this coin back into finger palm for example from where the gimmick ends up?
Alex DLF
View Profile
Inner circle
1997 Posts

Profile of Alex DLF
I think you completely can yes ! Smile
Get yourself Stamper and MONU, the perfect walkaround packet tricks: https://youtu.be/rwtfeKFeLms & https://youtu.be/yz5yKlI-4w8

Make sure to check my English review Channel! http://www.youtube.com/c/alexisreviews
Dannicus
View Profile
Special user
San Diego Ca.
618 Posts

Profile of Dannicus
Quote:
Quote:
On Feb 18, 2016, Dannicus wrote:
Quote:

Sorry, that's not what I meant. I meant how easily can I get back the vanished item (say a coin) once it's gone? Could I steal this coin back into finger palm for example from where the gimmick ends up?

Yes David, and thanks for a very good question.

If you watch the live performance video I posted earlier in the thread I am doing combination Sh****e p****s exactly as you suggest working back and forth between the EH and !@#$*r p**m positions. It us a very simple knack to master and if you are already a sleights guy you will have it instantly.

I sent you a PM for clarification.

I hope this helps.
Dan

Craigers
View Profile
Loyal user
294 Posts

Profile of Craigers
A personal note of thanks to Dannicus. when I had some queries regarding the fitting of EH, he went so far as to make and send a personal video for me. Outstanding service my man.
Dannicus
View Profile
Special user
San Diego Ca.
618 Posts

Profile of Dannicus
Quote:
On Feb 19, 2016, Craigers wrote:
A personal note of thanks to Dannicus. when I had some queries regarding the fitting of EH, he went so far as to make and send a personal video for me. Outstanding service my man.

Hey you are very welcome Craigers. We are as responsive as possible. We believe in what we make and it's really important to us that it works well for our customers. Let us know if you have any other questions or concerns an I'll look forward to your thoughts after you've had a chance to play with it a bit.

Dan and the boys.

brandon90
View Profile
Special user
Iowa
716 Posts

Profile of brandon90
Dannicus,

when will this be available again to order?

Thanks

best,
Brandon
Dannicus
View Profile
Special user
San Diego Ca.
618 Posts

Profile of Dannicus
Quote:
On Feb 19, 2016, bgm4gic wrote:
Dannicus,

when will this be available again to order?

Thanks

best,
Brandon

Hi Brandon,

I am going to give you the long answer but if you prefer brevity skip to the end.

These sold out much more quickly than anticipated and we got a couple of large reorder requests thursday of last week. We immediately ordered the magnets, belt clips, carbon fiber sheeting, thermoplastic and other supplies to build them. The 1200 + required magnets and thermoplastic arrived Tuesday eveningnof this week.

We build each one by hand molding them to be as ergonomically correct and low profile as possible. We are a three man team but we take a lot of pride in making every EH as perfectly as we can and it's a multi stage process. We are quite literally working round the clock doing 18 hour shifts and eating in the workshop to fill the reorders. The first 150 + should go to the wholesaler Monday morning with another order on the heels of that sometime the middle of next week if our fingers and bodies hold out keeping the current pace.

Realistically the dealers should have limited supplies available again by the middle of next week with more on the way after that by the end of next week.

And if that doesn't happen send the paramedics because my fingers have either fallen off or have hardened in carbon fiber and thermal plastic and I can't dial 911 myself. Smile

I promise we are working as long and hard as we can to get the out there again as quickly as possible brother.

Best regards,
Dan

Dannicus
View Profile
Special user
San Diego Ca.
618 Posts

Profile of Dannicus
Thank you all for your patience and kind messages. We are shipping additional units today so these should again be available with your favorite magic dealer again shortly.

All the best,
Dan

Dannicus
View Profile
Special user
San Diego Ca.
618 Posts

Profile of Dannicus
Hi all, Event Horizon is once again Back on stock with most of your favorite magic dealers.

Haha we have been so busy filling back orders I haven't had much time to look but when I checked some sites tonight to make sure of avability I was pleasantly surprised to see it is averaging 5 star reviews on several sites.

We here are really humbled and very happy it has been so well received. It has also been awesome getting to know everyone in the private users forum as well, what am amazing group of entertainers you all are!

The guys and I at Handcrafted Miracles can't thank you all enough for your kind words as support. As always feel free to ask me any questions. I will respond as quickly as I can.

All the Best,
Dan
Dan

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Event Horizon by Hand Crafted Miracles (21 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL