The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Ultrasonic Directional Speaker for Spookshows (15 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
JAlenS
View Profile
Inner circle
Utah
1528 Posts

Profile of JAlenS
This technology wasn't designed for magicians depending on which conspiracy you subscribe to Smile
MM2714330
View Profile
New user
82 Posts

Profile of MM2714330
Quote:
On Feb 8, 2016, JAlenS wrote:
This technology wasn't designed for magicians depending on which conspiracy you subscribe to Smile

We just borrow from alien technology like everyone else! Smile
AttnPls
View Profile
Special user
554 Posts

Profile of AttnPls
Please know that the larger the array the more directional the sound. Small, inexpensive units will probably not give you the results you desire as the sound has a very wide spread. Also know that you can do some serious, permanent damage to your audience's ears. I would be very careful.
MM2714330
View Profile
New user
82 Posts

Profile of MM2714330
Quote:
On Feb 9, 2016, AttnPls wrote:
Please know that the larger the array the more directional the sound. Small, inexpensive units will probably not give you the results you desire as the sound has a very wide spread. Also know that you can do some serious, permanent damage to your audience's ears. I would be very careful.

Have you used large arrays? What type and was it for a show?

The smaller unit I have says keep a 6 foot direct distance, of course reflecting it adds that much more distance from ear to speaker.
AttnPls
View Profile
Special user
554 Posts

Profile of AttnPls
These units blast high db ultrasonic sound that can not be heard but can permanently damage ears. I would personally not do that to an unconsenting person.

The larger the speaker array, the more directional, and the smaller the size of the speaker array, the less directional it is. This is fundamental physics, and cannot be bypassed, even by using phased arrays or other signal processing methods.

Commercial speaker arrays will be 12+ inches.

You can achieve the same results using a dome, probably for much less money.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Ultrasonic Directional Speaker for Spookshows (15 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL