The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » "Working Progress - Tricks I do for money" (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Munskin
View Profile
Loyal user
Cheshire, UK
297 Posts

Profile of Munskin
Just to let you know that my new ebook is now available via Lybrary at: http://www.lybrary.com/john-holt-m-72579.html

Here's the blurb:

Working Progress is a short ebook of six tricks that I use when working for real, live human beings. They're all practical tricks that work in pretty much any performing environment you could possibly find yourself.

Inside you'll find a cool transposition that you'll love to perform, a chop cup routine which includes TWO fabulous endings that get round the awkward "putting the lemons back into your pocket" reset moment, a great use for the Phil deck that you can use for parlour performances or to open a set at a house party, plus there's a routine for the card to wallet that doesn't foreshadow the ending.

The full contents are as follows:

The Best (And Worst) One Handed Card Trick In The World - a transposition that uses misdirection to produce a "card under box" type of magical moment.

Card To Wallet - a full presentation for the card to wallet that takes the heat of the wallet and stops the spectators from getting ahead of you.

The Amazingly Fair Prediction - Despite shuffling, cutting and having plenty of chance to change her mind, the spectator's card somehow matches the magicians prediction perfectly....maybe.

A Chop Cup Routine - A routine for the chop cup...but wait! There are two fabulous endings included so that you can leave the table clean, without having to just put the lemons back into your pocket!

The Aldi Birthday Card Trick - A version of the Doc Eason "Happy Birthday Trick", where a special message appears on the back of a signed card, but without the setup.

The Phil deck opener - A great presentation for the classic Phil deck/Card Shark Double Decker that is a great way to open a house party.

Any questions, please ask. I'm happy to help as much as I can! Smile

John
Markymark
View Profile
Inner circle
1559 Posts

Profile of Markymark
It sounds good. Quick question.. is the chop cup routine based on another one out there or is it more your own?
''In memory of a once fluid man,crammed and distorted by the classical mess'' -Bruce Lee
Munskin
View Profile
Loyal user
Cheshire, UK
297 Posts

Profile of Munskin
Markymark,

The chop cup routine is one I created myself. The presentation and gags I use are unique (I think), but there are no real new moves here. However, when I gave out draft copies of the ebook, people really enjoyed the two endings I have for the chop cup; both of which could be used to finish ANY chop cup routine.

I hope that helps.

Thanks,

John
Robert Sixx
View Profile
Special user
781 Posts

Profile of Robert Sixx
I received a review copy from John and just finished reading it, so I haven't actually tried any of these routines out. However, based on experience and the types of routines these are, I have no doubt that they are solid commercial workers.

I'm not going to go into much detail here as far as descriptions go, but just give some quick thoughts on routines.

The Best (And Worst) One Handed Card Trick In The World - This is a solid quick commercial trick based on classic principles, I have no doubt that this will work in the real world and it is easy.

Card to Wallet - I can't really say too much about this as there is nothing new and something new, at least I haven't seen it before. I know that sounds confusing, but there is a presentational ploy built into the routine to take the heat off of the wallet, based on a tried and true ploy that has been explored by many others, but it has been changed a bit with a presentation that makes a sort of logical sense. Could I be more vague, probably not - but it's not mine to expose as that's really what you're getting here. If you already have a card to wallet that you are happy with and works for you, this won't change that. However, if you don't have one and you like a little humor in your routines - this might just work for you.

Chop Cup Routine - As far as methods go, there isn't much new here. As far as presentation, I liked this as it is a fun routine. Some of the humor would probably need to changed to suit you, but the overall routine is a fun premise and I liked the ending ideas.

The Aldi Birthday Card Trick - The premise is good and commercial, although not new and credit is given - as it is with all the routines. I didn't care for the method as I believe there are better ways and I haven't tried this. This method might work well for the author and many that purchase this book, but it didn't do anything for me.

The Amazingly Fair Prediction - This is a routine that just didn't do anything for me, your mileage may vary.

The Phil Deck Opener - This is a bonus routine and one that I liked a lot, however you will need a special prop for the routine - the title of the trick should give you a clue. I will probably use this, not exactly as written but similar.

All in all, there is some solid commercial magic here that is all good for walk-around or general close-up conditions. If you're looking for the newest thing to fool your magic friends with, this isn't it. However, if you're looking for good solid working material then it's a good chance you will find an item or two that you can use here. The price of this e-book makes it a good value in my opinion.

Robert
Catch me on Twitter @RobertSixx or Facebook -- Robert Sixx
Munskin
View Profile
Loyal user
Cheshire, UK
297 Posts

Profile of Munskin
Robert,

Thanks for taking the time to post your review; I really appreciate it! Smile

John
HoDinhYu
View Profile
New user
66 Posts

Profile of HoDinhYu
Everything. LOL
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » "Working Progress - Tricks I do for money" (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL