The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » DVDs that contain a bill switch using a TT? List um off. (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Head Case
View Profile
Inner circle
1138 Posts

Profile of Head Case
I know for a fact that out of all my DVDs, I have seen the bill switch using a TT explained. Never really took note of it because I never used a TT when I got older. Well I just found an old TT from when I was younger along with a mismade bill. So I want to revisit this.

Please list of any sources on video that you know the effect is discussed in. Hopefully one of the videos I have will be mentioned. I'll start the search now, but hopefully someone can mention something and that will help speed up the process

Sankey, Ammar, sanders. I'm sure one of them has to have it.

As far as who has a better version, or teaches it better, it's up to what I already own, but feel free to leave your comments if you have any thoughts on learning it.
Head Case
View Profile
Inner circle
1138 Posts

Profile of Head Case
As a side question. How do you feel about doing the mismade bill using a TT vs just concealing the bill behind the other? Advantages, disadvantages?
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5294 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Switch by John Lovick is the best purchase you can make for bill switches, both with and without TTs. Personally I started using a TT but now I do it tipless. Matter of personal preference, really. Both ways work well.

Jim
Theodore Lawton
View Profile
Inner circle
1631 Posts

Profile of Theodore Lawton
Bill Malone On The Loose #2 has the bill change and more great stuff.
Magic is the bacon in the breakfast of life.

God bless you and have a magical day
Head Case
View Profile
Inner circle
1138 Posts

Profile of Head Case
Thanks Theodore. I have that. I'll pull it out and search for the routine tomorrow.

Much appreciated!
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5700 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
I've performed Mismade Bill without a TT for over 20 years. It's actually easier and more convincing, if using the right acquitment in the handling. I had to develop an acquitment that worked with the way that I naturally move.
Ihop
View Profile
Inner circle
Glen Spey, NY
1566 Posts

Profile of Ihop
Darwin has it on his TT lessons.
I think it was on Vol. 1
Ihor
davidpaul$
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburgh, Pa
2850 Posts

Profile of davidpaul$
The best teaching imo is from Ammar's BOOK, The Magic of Michael Ammar. He adds a little subtlety that I think makes a big difference in a very smooth handling. I prefer using a TT for a convincing" empty hands" before and after the switch.
If you can't help worrying, remember worrying can't help you!
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8364 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
Quote:
On Feb 4, 2016, Alan Munro wrote:
I've performed Mismade Bill without a TT for over 20 years. It's actually easier and more convincing, if using the right acquitment in the handling. I had to develop an acquitment that worked with the way that I naturally move.

I learned it from Mike Kaslowski, who first wrote it up, in the early '70s, W/OUT a TT. I agree with Alan.
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
Ihop
View Profile
Inner circle
Glen Spey, NY
1566 Posts

Profile of Ihop
Another vote for W/O a TT.
And, there no need to fold it into 16ths (4 folds)
If you don't use a TT, 3 folds ( 8ths) works great and is more visual.
Easily finger palmed.
Ihor
davidpaul$
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburgh, Pa
2850 Posts

Profile of davidpaul$
Quote:
On Feb 12, 2016, Ihop wrote:
Easily finger palmed.

Except for those times, and it does happen, when someone says " Let me see your hands" unless you don't hand out the changed bill for exam. and you' ve not ditched the other. There is ALWAYS that one person. I'm so used to the TT that I would never change.
But to each his own. Whatever works for you.

The OP was asking for best Dvd instruction either way. The Ammar "book" is a great resource.
If you can't help worrying, remember worrying can't help you!
virtualwizard
View Profile
Regular user
Bailey Island, Maine
122 Posts

Profile of virtualwizard
Quote:
On Feb 3, 2016, J-Mac wrote:
Switch by John Lovick is the best purchase you can make for bill switches, both with and without TTs. Personally I started using a TT but now I do it tipless. Matter of personal preference, really. Both ways work well.

Jim

Totally agree ....I just picked this up--it is fantastic!
Mike the Magician
Ihop
View Profile
Inner circle
Glen Spey, NY
1566 Posts

Profile of Ihop
Quote:
On Feb 12, 2016, davidpaul$ wrote:
Quote:
On Feb 12, 2016, Ihop wrote:
Easily finger palmed.

Except for those times, and it does happen, when someone says " Let me see your hands" unless you don't hand out the changed bill for exam. and you' ve not ditched the other. There is ALWAYS that one person. I'm so used to the TT that I would never change.
But to each his own. Whatever works for you.

Never happened to me. Either with or w/o a TT.
They are so struck by the bill switch that by the rime they recover, everything is clean.
I usually hand them the bill after the switch with my dirty hand. That works well with both techniques.
Ihor
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5313 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
Issue #1 of reel magic has a bill switch by John Lovick out of his book "switched" Its $5 On Line....

reelmagicmagazine.com

Best value in magic
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
5842 Posts

Profile of motown
Roger Klause
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4758 Posts

Profile of David Neighbors
Yea It's in his big hardbound Book! He has A full Routine. He produces It out of an Purse Frame, Does The change, And then Vanishes it back into the purse frame!
David Neighbors

The Coinjurer

www.coinjurer.com
IllMaster
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of IllMaster
Sanders has a routine called Visi-Bill which uses a TT, and in Sanders style does a great job of explaining his routine, and how it differs from Klaus and others. Should find some great info in there.

Hope that helps!
Pirouz
View Profile
Regular user
114 Posts

Profile of Pirouz
Darwin DVD #1
Pirouz
Orlan
View Profile
Loyal user
Puerto Rico
214 Posts

Profile of Orlan
Money Morph by Kevin King (it originally came out on VHS).
His technique is similar to the classic well known version, but he shares a few tips and in his handling the bill is always in motion.
C. Kolchak
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of C. Kolchak
Quote:
On Feb 29, 2016, motown wrote:
Roger Klause

This is in tandem to what I was going suggest but I was going to say it's even better from his In Concert book.
The idea of half moves is brilliant as well and well worth studying.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » DVDs that contain a bill switch using a TT? List um off. (3 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL