The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Saturn Magic Presents FigMENt (Red) by Tom Mullenger aka Jester Styles (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2654 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
I am pleased to announce the release of FigMENt that will be launched at the Blackpool Magic Convention and Shipped to customers from Monday 22nd February.

http://www.saturnmagic.co.uk/saturn-magi......les.html

FigMENt is a brand new release from Tom Mullenger aka Jester Styles and Saturn Magic.

FigMent : A thing that someone believes to be real but that exists only in their imagination.

A magical friend is introduced to a spectator and is fully examined. A card is selected and memorised, never being shown to the performer. To the shock of the spectator the magical friend that they have been holding now reveals their chosen card in a most unusual way!

...Or does it. Did that really just happen, or was it all a FigMENt of their imagination?

Easy to perform
Self working version included
Single person version instantly repeatable
Two FigMENt reveals
Designed for any audience

Three Routines included which are taught in depth:

Deep Cut.
A devastatingly powerful yet simple, hands off routine where the spectator does all the work before experiencing the magic happen in their hands - so easy to do it’s like child's play.

Switch Blade.
Strike twice with this routine! Tom’s walk-around FigMENt routine that involves two spectators for double the impact!

Ripper.
This routine will allow your spectators to not only experience the power of FigMENt but will leave them with a souvenir.

Live & studio performances included.

Available in Red or Blue back bicycle cards.

2 FigMENt's are supplied - 1 red & 1 black suit and random mini-figure character so you can start performing with your normal deck right away.

"Tom has taken the classic 'omni' effect; spun it on it’s head, kept the phenomenal impact, breathed new life into the concept and given it a whole bunch of personality. This is the effect in your set people will talk about - it's remarkable.' - Dee Christopher - from BBC's "Killer Magic"

"FigMent is a working piece of magic - the audience connect with him and realise they are about to have some fun. The transformation is beyond belief and when it happens a second time you really hit them between the eyes! This is simple, direct and above all very easy to do and a new take on the omni plot." - Mark Traversoni
www.saturnmagic.co.uk

#theshopwithstock Pleased to be different!

FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/saturnmagic.co.uk
kieronthemighty
View Profile
Special user
617 Posts

Profile of kieronthemighty
I had the pleasure of seeing this last week it a very quirky piece of magic I will be picking this up
Slackerking
View Profile
Special user
613 Posts

Profile of Slackerking
Looks great. Very cute and different.
rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3624 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
Slackerking, check your pm's
Paul S Wingham
View Profile
Inner circle
1378 Posts

Profile of Paul S Wingham
This looks awesome. Who doesn't like lego.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
In the demo at 39 seconds the switch is as dishonest as it gets . Mark , Tom any comments on this and why ?
Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2654 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
I think you can tell that is a view of what the spectator feels happens and it gives you a close up of the gimmick, you can tell there is a transition there and there is plenty of footage showing what is actually going on.
www.saturnmagic.co.uk

Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2654 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
Just in case anyone does think the change happens like it does at 39 seconds I've put some text on it saying its a video effect.

I think most would realise it was, but on the Blackpool thread one user thought it was real, so I thought it best to add the text as we don't want to mislead anyone.

What you have here is a real working piece of magic that is very easy to do.
www.saturnmagic.co.uk

Karl M
View Profile
Inner circle
1276 Posts

Profile of Karl M
That was me mate. I know now thanks
Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2654 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
We have now listed FigMENt with a free worldwide shipping option.

http://www.saturnmagic.co.uk/saturn-magi......les.html

If you are at Blackpool come and see Tom do it live!
www.saturnmagic.co.uk

brandon90
View Profile
Special user
Iowa
716 Posts

Profile of brandon90
This is up on Penguin now

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S20626
Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2654 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
www.saturnmagic.co.uk

MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Instead of practicing, I made
3009 Posts

Profile of MaxfieldsMagic
"What a creepy little trick" - Jeff McBride

Smile

Not to derail the thread, but SEO Magic is also selling an effect using a little Lego man. Maybe there's a way the two effects could be combined. http://www.seomagic-usa.com/catalog/prod......_id/1865
Now appearing nightly in my basement.
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Feb 23, 2016, MaxfieldsMagic wrote:

Smile

Not to derail the thread, but SEO Magic is also selling an effect using a little Lego man. Maybe there's a way the two effects could be combined. http://www.seomagic-usa.com/catalog/prod......_id/1865

Watch your angles on this one. Lol. Terrible.
Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2654 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
Quote:
On Feb 24, 2016, pegasus wrote:
Quote:
On Feb 23, 2016, MaxfieldsMagic wrote:

Smile

Watch your angles on this one. Lol. Terrible.

I just wanted to make sure you were commenting on the SEO trick as the angles on Figment this are very very good, you can do it 360 surrounded when use to it and at least 180 degrees as a complete beginner.

All the dirty work is done when you turn around as they are looking at the cards.

The trailer shows all the work as well, it is cut but all the moments you need to see are there.

The props are that small even a small child can do this!

Tom actually bought the SEO trick at Blackpool and is going to use it when presenting the trick for children as a way of magically producing the figure.
www.saturnmagic.co.uk

pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Yes the SEO trick, Mark.
Slackerking
View Profile
Special user
613 Posts

Profile of Slackerking
Can you use different mini figures or are you bound to the one that is included?
Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2654 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
We supply a random mini figure so you can do the trick without going shopping for one, but we expect people will choose to buy their own as there are many that will suit people in different ways, you can even get them custom made.

Any figure will work as long as it has removable headwear.

You can do it without headwear but it helps a lot if it has.
www.saturnmagic.co.uk

Jared
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island, USA
1579 Posts

Profile of Jared
I received this today. If you like effects like Richard Sanders 'Remarkable' then you'll probably like this. I'm sure you've already worked out the method but this does have commercial appeal and is pocket friendly due to the small size of the figurines.

There are many switches that I would consider in addition to those noted on the download. For example, on the second card revelation I might use a Spellbound change think Holy Moly by Jay Sankey. If I were to offer a few suggestions as to how this could be improved I'd start with the little hat. It would have been so much better if the hat fit the clear figurines. Mark's suggestion is great (seeing the hat peeking from your hand) but why not make it fit? I see myself losing the little hat on the first paid strolling gig. I would have also included a cheap corner cut marker so that you could precisely match the corner inside the figurine. This could be made with something as inexpensive as a hotel key card. And finally, I would have made the clear figurines moveable rather than having to glue the normal one. Why not make the clear one even more realistic? Note: my 10S figurine has a rough unfinished corner please check your quality control.

For the routine, I don't care for the "little magician doing all my magic theme". Instead, I might try something along the lines of "Your card is actually inside that little man...you just can't see it. But if I were to remove the color like this (snap finger or make a magical gesture) then you might just be able to see it better."

And finally, I'm not fond of pocket switches. The thing is so small that I'd probably do an "under the deck switch" to ring in the first one. The second could be loaded when putting away the little hat or card box. Overall, not bad. It could have been even better but it certainly does have commercial feel.
Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2654 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
I'm glad you like it Tom has been working this for a couple of years now and the routines are the way he likes to do it.

Given the props I'm sure many will adapt the routine and switches to suit themselves.

We focused on keeping this simple and did not want to make it too challenging, which when performing in the real world is a big bonus.

The hat is supposed to be lose and not fit, that is the motivation for them not opening their hand. I've found by saying be careful his hat has fallen off makes them keep their hand shut, but if you are unsure about someone you can always do the old sponge ball turn the hand over move as well.

We tell you to glue your figure to stop him losing arms, legs etc in you pocket, you don't have to if you don't want to.

Many types of figure are available and we are sure people will buy ones they like to perform with and keep the one supplied as a backup in case anything happens to your main figure.

The clear men are quite detailed and had to be like that in order to get the card in, the process of making these is very fiddly with a card inside, the card constantly moves and floats until it goes off which is quite a challenge.

I'm pleased you mentioned commercial twice which is exactly what this is, it is a worker that is simple to do and takes up very little pocket space.

All of our releases now and going forward will be commercial, I could not bring myself to release something through the shop that I would not perform myself, or if not my style truly believe others would work.

Thanks for your comments I hope you have fun with it.
www.saturnmagic.co.uk

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Saturn Magic Presents FigMENt (Red) by Tom Mullenger aka Jester Styles (3 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL