The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Clowning around » » Clowning for the elderly (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

NZBloke
View Profile
New user
23 Posts

Profile of NZBloke
Gidday from New Zealand! I have a friend that loves clowning for the elderly. I am a ventriloquist and magician, so struggle to help her with ideas and thoughts she is after. I am wondering if anyone would be willing to help my friend who just loves supporting the elderly in this fun way. Smile
thomhaha
View Profile
Regular user
northfield IL
162 Posts

Profile of thomhaha
I'd love to be part of the conversation, but more information is needed.

What's the setting for performance? In their homes is different than in churches / community centers is different than in nursing homes.

How healthy? My mother is able to live in her own home. Performing for her and her friends is different than some her own age who require assisted living. That's a different show than those who are limited because of necessary medical care. All of those settings is vastly different than working with anyone with dementia.

Context is an important factor in working with older adults.
NZBloke
View Profile
New user
23 Posts

Profile of NZBloke
Hello. Thank you so much for answering. My friend would love to email... I could pm you her email address. Otherwise would it be better here? She performs in rest homes. I guess you call those nursing homes. She is just after some ideas for little skits and things. Thanks again. Smile
thomhaha
View Profile
Regular user
northfield IL
162 Posts

Profile of thomhaha
Send you PM
livejeh
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of livejeh
What is the setting like? Is this like hospital clowning?
Roberto Juan
View Profile
New user
Sacramento, California
45 Posts

Profile of Roberto Juan
One thought that comes to mind is the neck cracker gimmick by Alan Wong

https://www.penguinmagic.com/p/13096

Just a quick gag - with a line or two about our creaky bones as we get older?
Russo
View Profile
Inner circle
So.California / Centl.Florida / retired Florida
1166 Posts

Profile of Russo
Dare you to try it next time you go to a Chiropractor - always thought of bringing an empty plastic water bottle, and squeezing it. Just clowning around. RR
Roberto Juan
View Profile
New user
Sacramento, California
45 Posts

Profile of Roberto Juan
That's a funny idea!

I am a fan of squeakers (especially with kids) and your comment gives me ideas such as, "Hey doc, why does my left knee always squeak when I walk?"

"Do I need to eat more butter?"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Clowning around » » Clowning for the elderly (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL