The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Dream of ACES by Gary Oullette (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
abraham
View Profile
New user
35 Posts

Profile of abraham
What do you guys think of this effect? Does it use a trick deck or a gimmick? How is this compared to the MacDonald's Aces? Thanks.
bekralik
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1083 Posts

Profile of bekralik
Same effect, different handling.

Brian
abraham
View Profile
New user
35 Posts

Profile of abraham
Thanks a lot for the reply, but I know that already. What’s important to me is that does this effect use any gimmick such as the double face cards, double back, etc., etc.
Close.Up.Dave
View Profile
Inner circle
Behind you!
2914 Posts

Profile of Close.Up.Dave
If you have McDonald's Aces then you should know. What would it matter if it’s similar if you don't even know what the gimmick is on that? Anyway, I think it's a lot more convincing than the regular McDonald's Aces routine.
abraham
View Profile
New user
35 Posts

Profile of abraham
Oh ok. Now I have my answer now. Thanks.
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
6724 Posts

Profile of Dougini
I have MacDonald Aces, but they're not Aces. They're "threes."...Came with Ammar's ETMCM...

Wonder where I could get just the gaffed "Aces"? Anyone know? Reasonably priced?

Thanks!

Doug
seraph127
View Profile
Special user
575 Posts

Profile of seraph127
Camirand Academy sells gaffed ace sets for use in the Ouellet effect although they can, of course, be used for any "MacDonald's"-type routine. Last I checked, they were $6 US. I'm sure there are other places they can be found; that's just "off the top of the head".
There are many tricks, and many effects, but rarely a Grand Effect. There are many entertainers, but few real magicians. Many technicians, but few artists who use their art to explore their vision. - Derren Brown, Absolute Magic
saturnin
View Profile
Special user
Montreal, Canada
964 Posts

Profile of saturnin
Hi Doug,

For gimmicked Aces for MacDonald's Aces, go to most Magic shops and buy a deck assorted gimmicked cards.
(You will then get more than 1 set for MacDonald Aces, …a few of all the other gimmicked cards.)

Hope this helps.

Ronnie Lemieux
There is no road to happiness,

happiness is the road!
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
6724 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Wow,

Great answers, both! Thanks! Camirand I will check out. That's about my price range! Smile!

Doug
cigar808
View Profile
New user
83 Posts

Profile of cigar808
Peter Biro suggests on another thread that the
"McDonald $100 Aces" sold via Cards by Martin
are of very high quality.
Just put my order in.
I'll let you know.
Close.Up.Dave
View Profile
Inner circle
Behind you!
2914 Posts

Profile of Close.Up.Dave
You can just split some aces and make your own.
Kevin Ridgeway
View Profile
V.I.P.
Indianapolis, IN & Phoenix, AZ
1829 Posts

Profile of Kevin Ridgeway
We have had Dream of Aces in our show for a year now. We, like others, project it onto 2 large projection screens. We have a great piece of music that we use for it and it gets a great reaction from the audience.
Living Illusions
Ridgeway & Johnson Entertainment Inc

Kevin Ridgeway &
Kristen Johnson aka Lady Houdini
The World's Premier Female Escape Artist

www.LadyHoudini.com

www.livingillusions.com
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
6724 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Just ordered the Dream Of Aces cards...now, thinking about it, I should have sprung for the video as well (kicking myself)...well, I guess come payday (next one, LOL) I'll spring for the video & cards, ($30+shp) and keep the extras for something else, or as backups...

Any other routines available for these gaffed cards in addition to MacDonald's and Dream of...? This Café' has a plethora of creative minds, here. I bet a BOOK could be written, LOL!

Thanks, seraph127!

Doug
Close.Up.Dave
View Profile
Inner circle
Behind you!
2914 Posts

Profile of Close.Up.Dave
Quote:
On 2004-03-12 09:52, Dougini wrote:
Any other routines available for these gaffed cards in addition to MacDonald's and Dream of...?

There most definately are, Guy Hollingworth has a routine in Drawing Room Deceptions with a backfire type ending. In all honesty though, Dream of Aces is my favorite ace assembly and gets great reations because you can display the cards going down on the leader ace to be not aces as well as the spectator being able to place their hand over the leader pile.
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17029 Posts

Profile of joseph
Would you prefer performing this to music, patter, or silent? ....
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
6724 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Actually, Joseph...probably minimal patter and light music...something ethereal, Enya-like...

Ever see Ouellet's little setup? Two speakers on either side of his closeup pad...class act!

Doug
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17029 Posts

Profile of joseph
Dougini
I have not seen that, but his book shows a classy close up case that looks great. I also have seen a lot of performers using the Theme from Cousins, which covers the timing of the routine perfectly, but it seems difficult to locate this music, and I don't know if the musical piece is edited to fit.
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
cigar808
View Profile
New user
83 Posts

Profile of cigar808
My "MacDonald's Aces" made by Neil Lester at Card's by Martin arrived yesterday.
Came with supplemental "Startled" and "Dumbfounded".
Explains how to do it with a spec's deck.
Also got his poker size "Sidewalk Shuffle".
Top quality work.
Check it out.

(the Ouellet set up can be seen on the
Dai Vernon's Revelations series)
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
6724 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Thank you, Mr Benson!

I've just made the site Card's by Martin a favorite! Looks like a great variety!

Gratefully,

Doug
cigar808
View Profile
New user
83 Posts

Profile of cigar808
You are very welcome!
I read about him on this site.
The Honorable Peter Biro was the source.
I've already placed a second order!
Cheers
benson
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Dream of ACES by Gary Oullette (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL