The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Magic Café Tech Help Area » » Functionality » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

snedglow
View Profile
New user
Pine Grove, PA
94 Posts

Profile of snedglow
Is the café down right now or is maintenance being performed?

I don't have the usual selections in the upper right-hand corner for edit profile, users, etc.

All I have is Register, FAQ and First Year Archive
Also, the login boxes (username and password) won't go away after I've logged in.

Just curious!

-Richard
-Randy
[email]rsnedden@closeupmagic.org[/email]
Smile
~~~~~
“Chance is but the pseudonym of God for those particular cases which He does not choose to subscribe to openly with His own signature ... ”
Gene
View Profile
Café Forum Developer
Howard City, MI
276 Posts

Profile of Gene
If the Café can't set a cookie on your computer, you will not be able to log in. If you've made any recent changes to your computer you might want to check that.
Somebody kick me off the computer, will ya? Smile Smile
snedglow
View Profile
New user
Pine Grove, PA
94 Posts

Profile of snedglow
Gene,

I haven't changed anything since the last time I was in the Café.

In fact, when I read your message I checked Netscape's privacy settings and I made sure Enable All Cookies was set. It was.

I also use ZoneAlarm Pro and I checked the settings. It was set to block only third party cookies, which is how I had it set before. This time, though, I entered the URL for the Café and set a custom permission to allow even third party cookies from your site.

Still can't log in. Although I can send this message and my username and password are already entered on the form (Netscape's Password Manager).
The message goes through.

Any ideas??
-Randy
Smile
~~~~~
“Chance is but the pseudonym of God for those particular cases which He does not choose to subscribe to openly with His own signature ... ”
Gene
View Profile
Café Forum Developer
Howard City, MI
276 Posts

Profile of Gene
I've no idea. I don't use Netscape regularly, but I do have version 4.72 installed, and that works correctly for me. The login routines use cookies, so it's got to be something to do with that. You might try clearing all the cookies for the Café in your browser, then try to log in again. Just a suggestion.
snedglow
View Profile
New user
Pine Grove, PA
94 Posts

Profile of snedglow
Gene,

The problem was with Zone Alarm Pro. I thought you'd want to know in case you encounter the problem again.

None of the settings were changed, so I can only figure the program developed a glitch. Closing Zone Alarm and restarting it cured the problem.

Thanks for the ideas, though.

-R
-Randy
Smile
~~~~~
Gene
View Profile
Café Forum Developer
Howard City, MI
276 Posts

Profile of Gene
Glad you found it! I use the free zonealarm - no problems so far. Good deal!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Magic Café Tech Help Area » » Functionality » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL