The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » APPS-alutely » » FREE App! (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

BjornOrri
View Profile
New user
22 Posts

Profile of BjornOrri
Hey guys!

This weekend my app "Vanish" is available for free!
The only thing I ask in return is that you leave a review in the App Store.

I feel like the app is not reaching its potential and your opinions would certainly help.

Vanish on the App Store: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/vanish-m......s=1&mt=8

Happy weekend!
Phil1111
View Profile
New user
20 Posts

Profile of Phil1111
Thanks for making this free, I will make sure to drop a review!
Phil1111
View Profile
New user
20 Posts

Profile of Phil1111
So I got it and messed with it a bit. I like it but I have no idea how to use this in a real performance. It works well and runs smoothly. If you have any ideas how to perform this let please let me know.
Expertmagician
View Profile
Inner circle
2474 Posts

Profile of Expertmagician
I just tested the app...here is the good news and comments:

1) I like the app a lot ...very cool ! Easy to set up and use.
2) The app has a lot more potential than what you describe as an effect to make an ICON disappear.

I will PM you with ideas and thoughts !
Long Island,

New York
Phil1111
View Profile
New user
20 Posts

Profile of Phil1111
Quote:
On Feb 12, 2016, Expertmagician wrote:

2) The app has a lot more potential than what you describe as an effect to make an ICON disappear.

How do you think you can perform this? It just seems so weird to tie into a routine.
daniltan
View Profile
Elite user
476 Posts

Profile of daniltan
Quote:
On Feb 13, 2016, Phil1111 wrote:
Quote:
On Feb 12, 2016, Expertmagician wrote:

How do you think you can perform this? It just seems so weird to tie into a routine.

BjornOrri already has a cool routine where you can blow out an icon to your phone. This is a fun little app to use with many use.
waas
View Profile
New user
29 Posts

Profile of waas
Hi BjornOrri:

Thanks a lot for the free app!

I'm myself an app developper, with 3 magic apps already on both Android and iOS stores (http://ho-creative.com).

Here's my review, hope it helps:

Vanish is a simple app, with a simple effect, and a straightforward and simple method.

The effect: You unlock your iphone, and ask a spectator to name (out loud) one app displayed on your home screen, you simply wave your hand over the screen, and the app's icon magically disappears from the screen! Pretty simple!

Effect review: This is not a reputation builder effect that you will use to close a show.
It should be presented as a sweet "quickie".
I will definitely use it when I have nothing else on me but my phone.
It will make your spectator smile, and it works on children too!

Method review:
The good: It's so simple you will learn it in less than 5 minutes, and it's a sure fire thing.
The bad:
* Some people may notice during the performance that when you touch an icon, the app do not launch as it should.
* Since the simple routine requires you to ask the spectator to name out loud his selected app, be prepared to get the annoying statement "Oh! Phones today have that voice recognition thing!"
* It's not hard for the spectator to figure out the secret with the basic presentation, that's why I'll present it as a sweet, surprising, smile inducing, eye candy "moment", not as a pure fooler.

Instructions review:
The instructions come in a text form only.
They're kept short, and crystal clear.
There's no instruction video, nor a presentation video.
There are no pictures or drawings.
There's no patter or suggested script.

My personal touch:
This is how I present the trick, my goal is to cancel the weak points cited earlier
"Hey, I want to show you a cool thing you may not know about the iPhones.
First, chose an app from my home screen. Got it? Don't say its name, just hover your finger over it.
OK.
If you touch the icon, the app will open, right? But don't touch it yet.
First, I put MY finger on this area where there's no icon, and now you may touch your app.
You see, with two fingers on the screen, the apps don't open!
You don't seem very impressed, don't worry, that wasn't the new thing I wanted to show you!
If I wave my hand over the phone, your app is gone, and we never said the name of your app, did we?"
Note: When the spec touches the icon, I secretely lift my finger from the screen by 1mm.

Conclusion:
There's still room for the app to improve I think.
If the creator figures out a way to force an icon or a to guess the selected icon, then we got a miracle.
I would definitely put a dollar to have this app always on me, don't miss it!

Waas
http://ho-creative.com
Expertmagician
View Profile
Inner circle
2474 Posts

I showed my kids ... They thought it was cool ...
They immediately knew it was an app....

I think it may be magical if you use paper icon and pull it out of your phone.

I'm thinking of other ideas ...
Long Island,

New York
daniltan
View Profile
Elite user
476 Posts

Profile of daniltan
Quote:
On Feb 14, 2016, Expertmagician wrote:
I showed my kids ... They thought it was cool ...
They immediately knew it was an app....

I think it may be magical if you use paper icon and pull it out of your phone.

I'm thinking of other ideas ...

The way I do this is by turning ON Reduce Motion in Settings - General - Accessibility. Then set the homescreen according to your vanish screen before performance. After you do vanish and re-appear secretly press the homebutton (usually while I'm going to prove it was my original homescreen) then start to swipe left and right. Sometimes I give my phone to the spec (android user) and let them inspect my homescreen. Not to iphone user since it's not really clean, yet.

PS. Touch the icon using bit side of your finger (beside your nail) it'll look like you're just pointing an icon, not touching it. When the spec inspect your homescreen and touch an icon it'll launch the app. You just explain to them that's how you launch an app.. By touching the icon.
alexbrazil
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of alexbrazil
Hi, Bjorn! I just visited the American and the Brazilian App Stores. However, the app is not free today :-(
BjornOrri
View Profile
New user
22 Posts

Profile of BjornOrri
Sorry, it seems I set the end date of the free period too early. I've changed it back and will prolong it until sometime tomorrow (Monday).
alexbrazil
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of alexbrazil
Thank you, Bjorn! I dowloaded it. I will test it and publish a review Smile
Magic1jim
View Profile
New user
West Yorshire UK
37 Posts

Profile of Magic1jim
*** I missed it
Expertmagician
View Profile
Inner circle
2474 Posts

I was out of town on a business trip this past week and demoed Vanish for about 30 magicians in the Atlanta IBM.
They thought it was great....hopefully some ordered it !

Good luck !
Long Island,

New York
DynaMix
View Profile
Inner circle
1149 Posts

Profile of DynaMix
I used it as a simple reveal. Knowing a thought of word, I will use the brain game and then this app to reveal the thought of letter. If it doesn't hit, no big deal since you know the word.
Obviously this is mental magic so a fun presentation is key.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » APPS-alutely » » FREE App! (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.21 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL