The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Food for thought » » When is a person a magician? (7 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Pop Haydn
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3691 Posts

Profile of Pop Haydn
At a certain point you just know. You never need to ask again. You can stop thinking about it.
Terrible Wizard
View Profile
Inner circle
1973 Posts

Profile of Terrible Wizard
Danny, it doesn't seem to based upon my experience of this forum Smile
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
Quote:
On May 10, 2016, Terrible Wizard wrote:
Danny, it doesn't seem to based upon my experience of this forum Smile

"EXPERIENCE" --writing in this forum? ROFL!
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
Terrible Wizard
View Profile
Inner circle
1973 Posts

Profile of Terrible Wizard
I don't understand, Dick. Is the term 'experience' incorrect in that sentence? I don't see why it is so. Rather it seems you're trying to smuggle in some sort of thinly veiled insult regarding my lack of magic experience - which obviously isn't relevant to my post above.

Is there a reason for such odd mockery? I don't recall having insulted you or offended you, but if I have I apologise.
RiffRaff
View Profile
Special user
670 Posts

Profile of RiffRaff
“You become. It takes a long time. That’s why it doesn’t happen often to people who break easily, or have sharp edges, or who have to be carefully kept. Generally, by the time you are Real, most of your hair has been loved off, and your eyes drop out and you get loose in your joints and very shabby.
But these things don’t matter at all, because once you are Real you can’t be ugly, except to people who don’t understand.”
― Margery Williams, The Velveteen Rabbit
Ray Pierce
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
2604 Posts

Profile of Ray Pierce
Quote:
On May 10, 2016, Pop Haydn wrote:
At a certain point you just know. You never need to ask again. You can stop thinking about it.

You always have such a wonderfully poetic style Smile I always felt that it wasn't a title you could claim but a position that was given to you by the audience. When you have proved your worth to them by doing great magic, they award you the title. It's like when someone self proclaims themselves to be a Master of something. You can't judge that yourself but only reach that status by other Masters when you rise through the ranks to become their peer. So he's a Master Illusionist... Oh, really? Says who?
Ray Pierce
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
Right Ray...A couple days ago, a "Johnny Come Lately" *that's a "play" on words for the name he "uses" on the Café.) asked why I was questioning MISTER SCHNEIDER'S experience. "Johnny" said, "He's a master of sleight of hand ". (That's not the EXACT quote, but, close enough.) Your note above: "Oh, really" Says who?" is a better response than I gave him!
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
Ray Pierce
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
2604 Posts

Profile of Ray Pierce
Lol... I understand. I get inspiration from different people in different ways. Some are more theoretical and create some concepts I could never have thought of. Others are more practical and a geared for a more physical reality. I try and learn from everyone!
Ray Pierce
Sudo Nimh
View Profile
Inner circle
1879 Posts

Profile of Sudo Nimh
Quote:
On May 9, 2016, mastermindreader wrote:
"When is a person a magician?"

When your VistaPrint business cards arrive in the mail.

Best answer yet!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Food for thought » » When is a person a magician? (7 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL