The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Psychologica by Ben Earl (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
ash2arani
View Profile
Special user
923 Posts

Profile of ash2arani
Is it too early to ask if Psychologica made its way to purchasers or not yet?
Bugsy
View Profile
New user
35 Posts

Profile of Bugsy
Has not made it to my mailbox yet.
Newb2
View Profile
Elite user
483 Posts

Profile of Newb2
Not yet. Will update once I receive (I'm in the US).
qkeli
View Profile
Special user
paris,france
792 Posts

Profile of qkeli
Where can I get it please ?
ash2arani
View Profile
Special user
923 Posts

Profile of ash2arani
It was sold by Benjamin through his mailing list.

And I still did not receive this.
Aaron Smith
View Profile
New user
34 Posts

Profile of Aaron Smith
If you ordered this you may want to check your emails. Being sent out tomorrow.
ash2arani
View Profile
Special user
923 Posts

Profile of ash2arani
Yes exactly! And it seems there are few more copies available. Hope the post does not take long!! Smile
sushe
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of sushe
Hi,
I got the mail from Benjamin and made a payment
Right away but haven't received any conformation
For the purchase from Benjamin himself.
Anyone heard something else?
Thanks
David
Newb2
View Profile
Elite user
483 Posts

Profile of Newb2
He doesn't send a confirmation usually.
ash2arani
View Profile
Special user
923 Posts

Profile of ash2arani
Yeah, no confirmation. It just shows up after some time. Good thing these are already shipping. So hopefully the wait will not be long.
Aaron Smith
View Profile
New user
34 Posts

Profile of Aaron Smith
Mine arrived yesterday
Magic-Daniel
View Profile
Inner circle
Denmark
1328 Posts

Profile of Magic-Daniel
Recieved mine in world record speed. Ordered friday night from Denmark, recieved it monday morning.!
Newb2
View Profile
Elite user
483 Posts

Profile of Newb2
Any thoughts yet?
Rachmaninov
View Profile
Inner circle
1076 Posts

Profile of Rachmaninov
I've just recieved it here in France.
Despite the bad reviews I've read on the net, the first quick read shows it is very good. It is a great example of the difference between magicians and lay people thinking. The effect is a subtle convergence of sleight of hand and advanced psychological methods. I know the last will maybe disappoint some magicians who will discard this material. For sure, I will study it thoroughly.
There is some nice research credits to go further, mainly understanding deeply what is teached. Being fooled by the apparent simplicity of the material is a risk. But as everybody knows, achieving simplicity is the hardest. Only the core remains, and so it must be near perfect.
Highly recommanded.
mrmagik68
View Profile
Special user
NYC
574 Posts

Profile of mrmagik68
Mine arrived today but I have not had the time to go through the material, just a quick glance. I'm off from work on Friday so this is what I plan to read/study.

Rachmaninov,
Where was this reviewed on the internet?

Roberto
Original Card Clinician
Bugsy
View Profile
New user
35 Posts

Profile of Bugsy
Arrived in Scottsdale Arizona this afternoon.
Your Thinking Cap
View Profile
Elite user
409 Posts

Profile of Your Thinking Cap
What is the effect?
necro555
View Profile
Veteran user
335 Posts

Profile of necro555
According to his email, Psycholoica is:

PSYCHOLOGICA

Bending reality through principles of deception and magic

The performer legitimately mixes a deck of cards face-up and face-down (so that they are in a complete mess), the spectator now takes the deck, and the performer never touches the deck again. The spectator also shuffles the cards face-up into face-down and even looks down to see the chaotic mess of cards spread between their hands! They think of a playing card, and still without the performer touching the deck, every card goes the same way except for the card they were thinking of!!! While the deck is in their hands! WTF?! Yes.

This is real magic… with an ordinary deck!

'Psychologica' doesn't feel like a standard 'Triumph' routine; it feels like a deeply powerful moment of mind-control, fused with visual and mental magic. It's the most powerful and perfect 'Triumph' effect imaginable; I wanted the spectator to handle the cards themselves, shuffle the deck, look through the cards (genuinely seeing that they are hopelessly mixed) and without the performer touching the deck, the cards all go the same way except for a card they were just thinking of! This sounds completely impossible, but this is exactly what 'Psychologica' achieves.

Forget every other version of 'Triumph' you've ever seen; 'Psychologica' is a completely impossible deception game, a devious effect, which looks and feels like real magic while pushing 'Triumph' into brand new deceptive territory.

No table, no difficult techniques, no gaffed cards or gimmicks and no bad angles. It can be done with a borrowed, shuffled deck if you want. This routine isn't a pipe-dream; it has been developed and refined over many years of performance in the real world. I have used this routine at professional engagements for many years, but more interestingly… it is one of my favourite 'go-to' effects in a private, informal environment when I want to do something sensational.

Even though I have kept 'Psychologica' a closely guarded secret for many years, a very famous magician (who uses it constantly), virtually begged me to keep it a secret and not release it! But like I said to him, "If you want to keep something secret… then put in print!"
necro555
View Profile
Veteran user
335 Posts

Profile of necro555
Quote:
On Feb 23, 2016, Rachmaninov wrote:
I've just recieved it here in France.
Despite the bad reviews I've read on the net, the first quick read shows it is very good. It is a great example of the difference between magicians and lay people thinking. The effect is a subtle convergence of sleight of hand and advanced psychological methods. I know the last will maybe disappoint some magicians who will discard this material. For sure, I will study it thoroughly.
There is some nice research credits to go further, mainly understanding deeply what is teached. Being fooled by the apparent simplicity of the material is a risk. But as everybody knows, achieving simplicity is the hardest. Only the core remains, and so it must be near perfect.
Highly recommanded.

I'm curious too, where is the bad review of Psychologica?
Rachmaninov
View Profile
Inner circle
1076 Posts

Profile of Rachmaninov
I'm sorry, I've tried to find the bad review, a single one actually, and I can't manage to retrieve it. Bad comments were more again Fiction than Psychologica.

Anyway, I really think it is very good, although too expensive. Obviously Ben is trying to make money at this time.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Psychologica by Ben Earl (1 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL