The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » Bill Scape (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
magicdave56
View Profile
Regular user
Ellisville, MO 63011
195 Posts

Profile of magicdave56
Does anyone's know where can I get a Bill Scape from ?
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2532 Posts

Profile of Richard Kaufman
magicdave56
View Profile
Regular user
Ellisville, MO 63011
195 Posts

Profile of magicdave56
That one is going for eighty dollars.
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3058 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
It is a popular item that generally goes for $100+ in good condition.
teevtee
View Profile
Special user
963 Posts

Profile of teevtee
Do you mean $80 as in "WOW! It's only selling for $80!!!"?
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2532 Posts

I guess he doesn't want to pay $80 for it.
magicdave56
View Profile
Regular user
Ellisville, MO 63011
195 Posts

Profile of magicdave56
Right now it up to 186. 90 about 11 bids
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2532 Posts

It is a popular trick, and a good one.
edshern
View Profile
Special user
957 Posts

Profile of edshern
It's definitely in my top 5!
I considered buying it for a spare.

Dave, welcome to our world Smile
teevtee
View Profile
Special user
963 Posts

Profile of teevtee
$90 still represents a "bargain".
edshern
View Profile
Special user
957 Posts

Profile of edshern
Sold for $185
teevtee
View Profile
Special user
963 Posts

Profile of teevtee
That's more in line. Oh to dream of an $80 Billscape!
magicdave56
View Profile
Regular user
Ellisville, MO 63011
195 Posts

Profile of magicdave56
Glad to be here Smile
Jitterbug
View Profile
New user
Belgium
79 Posts

Profile of Jitterbug
I'm the nut who bought it for that price. wasn't planning on paying so much, but waited long enough, nobody had one for sale, or didn't have a complete one with package, or a few slipped away on ebay last-minute. It is not BNIP, but in excellent shape, and complete with the 'magician' card.

The trick, I must admit, is really simple, not a typical smart, engineered Tenyo 'device'. Once I saw the 'secret', I was not excited.
As an engineer, I am not overwhelmed by Billscape, to be honest...
More of a twister, credit slasher, ninja experiment, tricky business, crystal cleaver, ultraslice, midas machine, prison box, mobile illusion, geometrick-kind of guy... Some are not extremely magical, but the cleverness is what makes me admire the tricks and specially the creators.
Daisydog
View Profile
Loyal user
220 Posts

Profile of Daisydog
Hey Jitterbug! You bought it from me! Glad it got to you safely. It's still my fave Tenyo of all time. I performed it last week at my magic club along with Mystery Poodle. Once the "magic" has been done leave the pierced wallet on the table and bring the poodle over. Once it barks and tells the audience that it's gone, you can produce the note somewhere else. I make it reappear in an antique box by Dave Powell. A great and very magical little routine.
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2532 Posts

Jitterbug, if you have Tenyoism you will find a method of mine in there that does away with the gimmick.

Kondo created the trick as a simple vanish of a folded bill. It was Sugawara who had the idea to make it a penetration.

It's quite a good trick and worth learning.
Jitterbug
View Profile
New user
Belgium
79 Posts

Profile of Jitterbug
Hi Daisydog, you delivered what you promised, the trick is complete and in good shape, thanks for that!
A nice addition to my collection. I had read many people's contributions on the forum saying that it was their favourite (or one of their favourite ones) and that seemed strange to me. Will spend some time with it. I think the credit card variation included seems a nice surprising effect.

Richard, yes, I have The Books, will look up your routine.

(I still haven't completely read them. Which is fine, I am stretching the fun and excitement ;-)
teevtee
View Profile
Special user
963 Posts

Profile of teevtee
Billscape is one of Tenyos best effects for sure. It is not one of the "wow" method tricks, but don't confuse method and effect. If you watched a video of it prior to purchasing it you were probably quite impressed, so are general audiences.

I also think you paid a fairly average price for it. You did not steal it for sure but I don't think you overpaid either.
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2532 Posts

I didn't want to use the gimmick, and I don't like phoney looking credit cards--they're fishy.
Jitterbug
View Profile
New user
Belgium
79 Posts

Profile of Jitterbug
Quote:
On Mar 9, 2016, teevtee wrote:
Billscape is one of Tenyos best effects for sure. It is not one of the "wow" method tricks, but don't confuse method and effect. If you watched a video of it prior to purchasing it you were probably quite impressed, so are general audiences.

I also think you paid a fairly average price for it. You did not steal it for sure but I don't think you overpaid either.

That is true, effect and method are separate things. I LOVE boxes and mechanisms, but you know ( and everybody knows) there is something going on there. True misdirection and sleight of hand, and above all, a good presentation, can often amaze me more.

But boy do I love clever mechanisms...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » Bill Scape (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL