The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » The Skoldvanish aka microvanish (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

TommySkold
View Profile
New user
Sweden
3 Posts

Profile of TommySkold
Hello
I thought I would make my first post here at the café .
I've asked around and no one was able to answer whether this is published or if I can call it mine.
It is ungimmicked and built up on an old classic sleight.
I got the move in reversed published I Genii last year.

Any feedback? https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_f......84179109
HarryB
View Profile
Regular user
South Texas
127 Posts

Profile of HarryB
I can't answer your question, but I did want to say WOW! That was awesome. I watched it 10 times and it's absolutely perfect. Good work!
TommySkold
View Profile
New user
Sweden
3 Posts

Profile of TommySkold
Quote:
On Feb 17, 2016, HarryB wrote:
I can't answer your question, but I did want to say WOW! That was awesome. I watched it 10 times and it's absolutely perfect. Good work!

Thanks 😊
ZachDavenport
View Profile
Inner circle
Last time I posted I had one less than
1197 Posts

Profile of ZachDavenport
I can't help either, but I agree, that's great.
Reality is a real killjoy.
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5308 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
I don’t know that it is published specifically for vanishing a Sharpie marker, but the sleight is certainly published, and I would imagine very well-known (among magicians, that is!). E.g., it is in Bobo's "Modern Coin Magic" for vanishing a coin with an illustration that almost perfectly matches the position in your video.

Nicely shown in the video, btw!

Thanks!

Jim
bigfoot
View Profile
Special user
503 Posts

Profile of bigfoot
Yes it's often referred to as the "pumpkin seed" vanish (it may be called that in Bobo's) Plus the concept was used with the now ancient snapper. I believe that the technique was also used in a routine in one of Paul Harris' books to make a ball point pen cap take the action of the snapper. I would certainly say that it would have had to be done before as the technique certainly has a straight path from coin to pen.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » The Skoldvanish aka microvanish (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL