The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Food for thought » » How has magic changed over the past "x" years? (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
The audience’s personality matters not a jot anyway and I have performed magic for the good the bad and the ugly. I do think though that there is small difference between the males and females: The females tend to prefer a bit more internment with their magic because it is more like them.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
9988 Posts

Profile of funsway
Quote:
On Feb 28, 2016, ZachDavenport wrote:
I don't base it just off those questions, you imply it frequently. Why does social media have to convey a person's personality for it to exist? I don't think that a person's full personality shows on social media. (Not that I'd know. This is the closest to social media I use.)

A person's personality develops though interaction with environment and other people. If the environment is mostly artificial, the experience vicarious and the people just false avatars,
how does one develop a personality useful in dealing with real people in live situations?

My comments were referring to the idea that a magic effect or presentation should be an extension of one's personality.

I don't necessarily agree with that view, so I ask a question.

but, yes -- my experience as a contract recruiter for businesses and organizations and a Master's Degree in Educational Technology "suggest"
that extensive Social Media interactions and Internet learning do not prepare a person for effective live interpersonal interactions.

Any magic effect based on such a personality will be different from one presented by a person whose personality developed without Internet and cellphone bias.

I am not saying it is better or worse -- only that it is different -- which is the theme of this thread, no?
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
ZachDavenport
View Profile
Inner circle
Last time I posted I had one less than
1196 Posts

Profile of ZachDavenport
Okay, I apologize, I misunderstood your post.
Reality is a real killjoy.
mndude
View Profile
Special user
880 Posts

Profile of mndude
I've recently been reading a magic book written in the 1950's. I found it interesting at how much the language has changed since then.

The writing style seemed so much more formal and at a higher level.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Food for thought » » How has magic changed over the past "x" years? (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL