The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Experience by Peter Turner and World Magic Shop (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MinSting
View Profile
Regular user
Spain
192 Posts

Profile of MinSting
Just saw this new dvd from Peter, looks good,

does anyone know if he explain his ACAAN?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9gaBDHGyC4
Nick Singh
View Profile
Regular user
Singapore
133 Posts

Profile of Nick Singh
It looks like he's showing the ACAAN from his penguin lecture as he's sitting next to the spectator and all the cards are dealt face down.

I could be wrong and I hope I am.
Magician and Emcee in Singapore - www.nick.com.sg
Youtube channel of travel videos and podcasts - www.youtube.com/user/blackchilliwing/videos
Karl M
View Profile
Inner circle
1276 Posts

Profile of Karl M
I already know it then because Ive got the penguin lecture
miistermagico
View Profile
Regular user
154 Posts

Profile of miistermagico
Peter Turner explained his ACAAN on his 2 DVD set JINXED. He dealt the cards face down. He only showed the face of the selected card, no others.
Mark_Chandaue
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex UK
4191 Posts

Profile of Mark_Chandaue
Quote:
On Mar 2, 2016, miistermagico wrote:
Peter Turner explained his ACAAN on his 2 DVD set JINXED. He dealt the cards face down. He only showed the face of the selected card, no others.

Pete has not explained his signature acaan and I doubt he ever will. This looks like his LADS lecture which was a great lecture.

Mark
Mark Chandaue A.I.M.C.
Harpacrown and Harpacrown Too are available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk
miistermagico
View Profile
Regular user
154 Posts

Profile of miistermagico
I am sorry Mark. Peter Turner DID explain his ACAAN on his 2 DVD set JINXED. I think Bill Goldman's CAAN, Boomerang, is much better.
Goldman shows all the dealt cards face up.
BlakeAdams
View Profile
Special user
Texas
641 Posts

Profile of BlakeAdams
Mistermagicio-----peter explained one of his on the penguin lecture. I don't believe he explains one on th jinx, I would have to rematch it, but mark is right. Peter has not explained his signature method. he has multiple methods minister
BlakeAdams
View Profile
Special user
Texas
641 Posts

Profile of BlakeAdams
Re-watch it*
catweazle
View Profile
Special user
924 Posts

Profile of catweazle
Quote:
I am sorry Mark. Peter Turner DID explain his ACAAN on his 2 DVD set JINXED. I think Bill Goldman's CAAN, Boomerang, is much better.

Wrong, he explained ONE of his ACAAN's, the one that really fries magicians has not been released, uses a totally different method, and like Mark said, will probably never be released.
he did it on me repeatedly, my deck, my shuffle, different card, different number every time...mind warping stuff
Mark_Chandaue
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex UK
4191 Posts

Profile of Mark_Chandaue
Quote:

No he doesn't and I think you are confusing Jinxed with freeform Mentalism where Pete shows the penguin acaan. I don't think there is an acaan on Jinxed. Pete's signature acaan uses a borrowed shuffled deck which he has never touched and the spectator deals the cards face up.

Mark
Mark Chandaue A.I.M.C.
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4275 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
Quote:
On Mar 2, 2016, Mark_Chandaue wrote:
Quote:

No he doesn't and I think you are confusing Jinxed with freeform Mentalism where Pete shows the penguin acaan. I don't think there is an acaan on Jinxed. Pete's signature acaan uses a borrowed shuffled deck which he has never touched and the spectator deals the cards face up.

Mark

I believe he performed this on a google hangout interview when he tried to explain the concept of intuition.
Mark_Chandaue
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex UK
4191 Posts

Profile of Mark_Chandaue
He did, he also did it on the Morgan strebler interview. He did this on me on our first meeting with my own deck that was still in the box. Blew me away completely.

Mark
Mark Chandaue A.I.M.C.
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4275 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
Quote:
On Mar 2, 2016, Mark_Chandaue wrote:
He did, he also did it on the Morgan strebler interview. He did this on me on our first meeting with my own deck that was still in the box. Blew me away completely.

Mark

I'm not sure if this is one of those things that has an actual method Smile
miistermagico
View Profile
Regular user
154 Posts

Profile of miistermagico
You are correct. I was wrong. Turner's ACAAN is explained on the 2 DVD set Freeform Mentalism. It looks like Turner uses his own deck.
false_awakening
View Profile
New user
69 Posts

Profile of false_awakening
Is there any more detail about what is taught on this DVD?
Maxyedid
View Profile
Special user
Panama
843 Posts

Profile of Maxyedid
This is one of the dumbest threads I have ever red
NEW BOOK! "Semi-Automatic Miracles" - INSTANT Best-Seller at Lybrary.com
https://www.lybrary.com/semiautomatic-card-miracles-p-925333.html
chaos handlings, out of hands effects, and more
DavidKenney
View Profile
Inner circle
2178 Posts

Profile of DavidKenney
Just got done watching it, I own a lot of his material and so... didn't feel a lot of his was NEW per se, but it was still a lot of fun to watch. The effects I remember were

1. Phone Lock - UNLOCK

2. Birthday / Star sign Guess

(there was a few calculator effects with a cell phone)

3. Encyclopedia of stage hypnosis - a touching on hoy style effect

4. A Two card choice prediction - that also combined with telling truths and lies

5. And yes.... any card to any number

Peter tells stories - he has great quotes like...

"if I feel like it's going to hit every time, it ceases to be fun"

& "there is only one thing that keeps the greatest things in life from being real - belief"

He lectures about verbal acrobatics - dual linguistics and he spends some time talking about the berglas effect. He talks a little bit how magic has the power to change your life.

For me, the DVD was worth it for Peter's answer to hecklers who ask "If you're a mind reader what am I thinking of right now?"

Priceless

I'm going to watch it again
Chaz93
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
1753 Posts

Profile of Chaz93
I'm going to sit down to watch this tonight, but I don't really expect much new. There seems to be quite a bit of overlap from releases. Now, Mr. Turners material is good and has inspired my own approach to an extent, but I get the impression that most of the material on this DVD has been released previously. That said there's quite a bit of Mr. Turners material I do not own (devil in disguise, stem system, bigger fish, etc) so there may still be some new stuff here.

I'll have a better take on the DVD tonight after I get a chance to watch it.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Experience by Peter Turner and World Magic Shop (1 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL