The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Ultimate Card Dagger - Magic Wagon (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

simcoscor
View Profile
Inner circle
montreal
1140 Posts

Profile of simcoscor
The latest Magic Wagon from is available NOW...

Ultimate card dagger

Based on an original idea from Mr. Edward Massey’s Cardagger, Magic Wagon is pleased to bring you the “Ultimate Card Dagger”.

A card is selected from a deck, remembered and returned. The deck is shuffled. The performer brings out an attractive wooden dagger and announces that he will spring all of the cards into the air and stab the selected card out of the cascading cards. This happens as described and at the end, the selected card is seen impaled on the blade of the dagger.

Please note that this is a very cool and clever mechanical piece and not to be confused with a normal Card Sword. With this version, the card is really impaled on the blade.

So, what makes this different from the original Massey’s Cardagger? (1) The mechanics on this marvelous prop have been brilliantly redesigned and (2) the dagger itself now has the decorative hilt. It is both esthetically beautiful and mechanically remarkable!

The dagger is approximately 13.5 inches in length and is completely hand-crafted from genuine teak.

Special thanks to Mr. Rhett Bryson for suggesting the ideas & consultations.

Click here for details...

But in this particular case, I think you should ignore the picture and take a look to this 4 seconds video from Mr. Rhett Bryson instead...WATCH

Hope you’ll like its visual impact as much as I do!
Simon
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
For $245 I would expect a better looking dagger, instead of something the looks like a child's toy.

Next the gimmick makes a noise, and if you have read any of the posts on the Café, you should know Café Member's don't like noise at all. Sure you can say it is covered by music or the cards being stabbed at, but they just can't live with those excuses. They have to much guilt already, making people think they can do real magic.

Back to he drawing board on this one.
simcoscor
View Profile
Inner circle
montreal
1140 Posts

Profile of simcoscor
Quote:
On Feb 22, 2016, Bill Hegbli wrote:
For $245 I would expect a better looking dagger, instead of something the looks like a child's toy.

Next the gimmick makes a noise, and if you have read any of the posts on the Café, you should know Café Member's don't like noise at all. Sure you can say it is covered by music or the cards being stabbed at, but they just can't live with those excuses. They have to much guilt already, making people think they can do real magic.

Well, I certainly didn't read as many posts as you wrote, but I'm sure of one thing: I expect to hear something if a dagger is piercing a playing card in thin air... something like a short "ripping" sound. Under this aspect, the video seems perfect to me...

But thanks for sharing!
JackMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1987 Posts

Profile of JackMagic
Quote:
On Feb 22, 2016, Bill Hegbli wrote:

Have to agree it just doesn't look right

Also Magic Wagon normally sell 60 items in 2-3 hours and then they are Sold Out
In this case 2 days on and they still have 40 left say a lot !
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
I agree the dagger looks terrible. I'd much prefer a steel effect type. It looks like a giant envelope opener.
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
3062 Posts

Profile of The great Gumbini
This looks awsome.

Good magic to all

Eric
rhettbryson
View Profile
Elite user
Greenville, SC Not ashamed of his
406 Posts

Profile of rhettbryson
You might like to see the Ultimate Card dagger in action. Many have found the speed with which the card appears on the blade to be a convincer and that the video was more persuasive than the Magic Wagon photos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0IWhi3TlumM
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
3062 Posts

Profile of The great Gumbini
I love the idea of the wooden childs toy look. Afterall what about showing everone YOUR childhood sword and showing them after years and years of practice how you are able to do something amazing with it! Trust me they will love this. I would buy one but I use my mouse trap card catcher that I purchased some time ago that I love. But if someone buys this and doesn't like Id be open to a trade...maybe.

Good magic to all,

Eric
tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
3341 Posts

Profile of tophatter
That's a Joke your audience will know it's in the sword GIMMICK ! since when is a sword wooden ?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Ultimate Card Dagger - Magic Wagon (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL