The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ballooning 101 » » Popping a balloon (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Karen Climer
View Profile
Veteran user
Orlando, Florida
324 Posts

Profile of Karen Climer
Does anyone know of a device that can pop a balloon at a distance? For example, if there is a balloon sitting on a table and I want it to pop at a certain point in my show. Have you ever heard of a remote control type of device that could pop it?

Also, what if a volunteer is holding the balloon and I want it to pop at a certain time? Is there a good way to do that? I know I could talk to the volunteer before the show and say "When I give you the signal, you stick this thumb tack in the balloon." But I was looking for something that didn't require any prep.
The Mighty Fool
View Profile
Inner circle
I feel like a big-top tent having
2120 Posts

Profile of The Mighty Fool
There was something......like what youre describing here a while back but it got totally panned on the review thread. Apparently it was very unreliable. I could swear Collector's workshop made a balloon table in which the balloons would pop & / deflate at your commend from a distance, but CW is long gone. I guess I'm not being much help here, but just letting you know that this sort of thing can be and has been done.
Here's the thing though: If you know anything abouit electronics & remote-controls, (or know someone who DOES) then a patio table (the kind with a hole in the middle for the umbrella)a cigarette glo-plug, a RC device, some wiring & a little know-how....
Everybody wants to beleive.....we just help them along.
Ed_Millis
View Profile
Inner circle
Yuma, AZ
2286 Posts

Profile of Ed_Millis
You might try asking in the Workshop.
Ed
TonyB2009
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of TonyB2009
There are several powerful laser pointers on the market that would do this easily, and from a distance up to several hundred feet. They will set you back a bit, but not too much.
L.E.Gerdemain
View Profile
New user
28 Posts

Profile of L.E.Gerdemain
You may want to try a product called bloon.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ballooning 101 » » Popping a balloon (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL