The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Lux 400 - Kyle Littleton (A Magic Portal review) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

canaday
View Profile
Special user
Florida
742 Posts

Profile of canaday
400 Lux – Kyle Littleton
http://www.murphysmagic.com/product.aspx?id=56771
Available from your favorite Murphy’s retailer

Causing your money to multiply is, perhaps, the most iconic trick in magic. In the past you needed a gimmick, glue, and lots of preparation to make this trick happen. "400 Lux" is COMPLETELY impromptu and uses no gimmicks of any kind. You change four EXAMINABLE one-dollar bills into four EXAMINABLE hundred dollar bills.

Creator Kyle Littleton takes you through every step of the process. The routine is easy to learn, easy to perform, and imminently practical, since it uses just eight normal bills. It's possibly even stronger than gimmicked versions as the bills can be examined before and after, and the change looks just as magical!
Use any bills - no gimmicks
Includes multiple handlings
25 minutes of high-quality explanation
As soon as I saw this was released by Joshua Jay and Andi Gladwin I knew it was going to be special. They are very selective about what they release so if you see the name, you know you are getting great magic and a great value.

Since Patrick Page came up with "Easy Money" back in the 70’s, there have been many variations "created" and sold by different magicians. One thing every one has is that it requires a gimmick dedicated to doing just this one trick. If you are doing ones to hundreds, it required using hundreds just for this. Most magicians I know don't have that much cash just lying around. So, if the money was needed they would have to disassemble the gimmick and then rebuild one when they wanted to redo the trick. But, no more! Kyle sat down and thought about how to do the effect without making the gimmick into an arts and crafts project. There is still a gimmick used but you create it almost on the fly and can use the cash for whatever purpose it is needed right after. It is not impromptu but Kyle's method for bringing it into play and hiding the dirty work makes perfect sense. He also offers a bonus section that teaches a cleaner version of the effect.

When I watched this DVD my first thought was why didn't someone come up with this before? The trick has been around over forty years and no one took the time to figure this out previously? There are a lot of younger magicians creating magic today and they are showing the talent to move our art forward. Jeff Prace is another brilliant young mind. I find this release very impressive and if Kyle is able to keep the quality of future releases up to this standard, we have lots of great stuff to look forward to.

Positives: Great method, no arts and crafts and no damage to the bills. Kyle also gives his methods of emulating both Slow Burn and Hundy 500 using his method.

Negatives: Not impromptu (but then no trick based on Easy Money is).

Conclusion: Superb work by one of the younger creators on his way up. I can easily see this method becoming the standard in the future for Easy Money routines.
William Draven
View Profile
Elite user
Las Vegas, NV
486 Posts

Profile of William Draven
I'll be posting my own review shortly but I'll go ahead and tip my hand with this: No where on the DVD does he show you a live performance for a real audience. The bottom deal he does looks suspicious as hell and unnatural compared to how real people handle money. He flat out teaches a non-gaff version of Hundy 500, going as far as calling it "Hyundi 500" or something like that. He doesn't credit Gregory Wilson at all. Which is a huge no no as far as I'm concerned. The effect is practical but I highly doubt it's been well tested for real audiences. You will require crisp bills to do some of the sleights in this because older softer bills will not work as well.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Lux 400 - Kyle Littleton (A Magic Portal review) (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL