The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Jim Riser at it again (11 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Mad Jake Jr.
View Profile
New user
Willis Warf, Va.
25 Posts

Profile of Mad Jake Jr.
I've PDF'd some of my fathers conversations, about 312 pages worth. It seems there are notes that are outside The Magic Café I'm finding very interesting.
Looks like it's gonna be a long morning today. After I go through the posts I'll post facts, not fiction here.

Have a blessed Weekend!

Jake Jr.
Artie Fufkin
View Profile
Special user
857 Posts

Profile of Artie Fufkin
I'd be inclined to work towards not getting back into this kind of back-and-forth.

Regardless of how much you may think you're right, and how tempting it is to always respond to perceived attacks ... the stink of these kinds of fights always rubs off on both parties, to the benefit of neither.

YMMV.
bigfoot
View Profile
Special user
503 Posts

Profile of bigfoot
That reminds me of a quote by George Carlin, and this is not meant to point to anyone, it just fits a little.

"Never argue with an idiot; they will only bring you down to thier level, then beat you with experience!"
Artie Fufkin
View Profile
Special user
857 Posts

Profile of Artie Fufkin
Just to be clear, I certainly don't think Riser is anything but a great craftsman, nor do I think Jake, or Jake Jr. are anything other than equally wonderful craftsmen.

The old nugget "it takes two to tango" is always true in these cases ... with both parties absolutely convinced that they're right beyond doubt, and that the other party is grievously wrong.

Neither is usually anywhere near correct ... and thus it's simply not worth the back and forth.
rmendez
View Profile
Inner circle
San Antonio, Texas
1323 Posts

Profile of rmendez
Regarding master craftsmanship, James Riser is, indeed, one of the finest and a legend in his own time. I am the proud owner of many of his unique and limited offerings.
Kyoki_Sanitys_Eclipse
View Profile
Inner circle
1453 Posts

Profile of Kyoki_Sanitys_Eclipse
Bigfoot I think Mark Twain said that and Carlin copied him. Ohh no I started another one
bigfoot
View Profile
Special user
503 Posts

Profile of bigfoot
I do not doubt that as it does have that Samuel Clemens sound to it.
Kyoki_Sanitys_Eclipse
View Profile
Inner circle
1453 Posts

Profile of Kyoki_Sanitys_Eclipse
Sam who? No just kidding. The only reason I know it is because it's one of my favorites
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Jim Riser at it again (11 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL