The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Identify the Chop Cup? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

BeThePlunk
View Profile
Special user
West of Boston, East of Eden
890 Posts

Profile of BeThePlunk
I recently obtained the cup pictured on the right of this picture. The cup on the left is from Morrissey. This other cup looks and feels very similar but is slightly stubbier, and the mouth bead is thicker and more loosely rolled. Any ideas? Could it be an older Morrissey? There is a glue smear on the inside that might have come from an old Made in Canada label.

http://s984.photobucket.com/user/bethepl......rt=1&o=0

Thanks for any insights/ info.
David
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24243 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
How tall are these cups?

Morrissey's cups have varied quite a bit over the years. This cup in question might also be a copy from India. I have seen some of these in their mini cups.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
BeThePlunk
View Profile
Special user
West of Boston, East of Eden
890 Posts

Profile of BeThePlunk
Thanks for responding, Bill.

The Morrissey is just shy of 3-1/4". The unknown is just shy of 3-1/8". The mouths are equal at 2-7/8". The unknown cup feels a little bit heavier. Both cups hold the same ball with equal strength, but the unknown cup also has a strong pull on the outside, while the Morrissey is less noticeable. The Morrissey magnet pulls the ball to one side; the pull of the unknown magnet is close to center. The unknown cup has a rectangular glue spot inside which appears to match at least one dimension and the location of the Made in Canada label that we find in Morrissey cups. To my untrained eye, the aluminums seem the same other than perhaps a small difference in heft.

I can't come up with any more clues than that.

David
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Identify the Chop Cup? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL