The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Thought Jump by Patrick Redford (31 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
fireisyummy
View Profile
Loyal user
209 Posts

Profile of fireisyummy
Anybody have this and know how it is?
Thought Jump blurs the line between mind-reading and psychokinesis. It's so rare to find mind reading that you can actually see.

ANYTHING is written on a business card. The card is carefully placed under a wine glass, with the performer standing several feet away. With everyone focusing their thoughts on the card, the business card visually jumps and the thought is revealed.

No thread is used
No awkward handling of the card
A totally new method for animation.

This is a very simple method that you'll be performing instantly.

A basic method is taught and also an entire routine that creates an eerie illusion using both sight and sound.
MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Instead of practicing, I made
3009 Posts

Profile of MaxfieldsMagic
Notice that the description doesn't say anything at all about examinability. This looks like something people are going to want to touch right after the jump
Now appearing nightly in my basement.
Patrick Redford
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1751 Posts

Profile of Patrick Redford
Hey Folks - it is examinable. I hope this clears that up.
gassaox
View Profile
Veteran user
316 Posts

Profile of gassaox
Any video link for this effect
Slackerking
View Profile
Special user
613 Posts

Profile of Slackerking
Http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/6768

Just downloaded this and I've watched about half so far. It's painfully simple (That's not a negative just a comment on the concept). Haven't watched the routines yet but there's an hour of material so optimistic. I had the necessities at home, but haven't been successful yet getting it to pop. Will finish watching tomorrow.
JoelDickinson
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1582 Posts

Profile of JoelDickinson
Hi. Is this a new peek method being sold or the pop up card?
jackaboy
View Profile
Veteran user
universities aren't interested in my
302 Posts

Profile of jackaboy
I have been playing with this and I really like this its fun to perform and you can do the thought transfer routine or just use the "force" to knock something of the table or out from underneath a pen
Sashac
View Profile
Inner circle
1041 Posts

Profile of Sashac
This is just what I thought and it's great. HOWEVER, Patrick/George teaches a peek/move/justification that I have never seen before and it's absolutely brilliant! Got double my money's worth Smile
WolfgangStiller
View Profile
Loyal user
Colorado Springs, Colorado
218 Posts

Profile of WolfgangStiller
How is the spirit glass application which is taught as well? It looks pretty clean in the video but how practical?
BlueOwl
View Profile
Regular user
Dayton, Ohio
105 Posts

Profile of BlueOwl
This download is an incredible value. The basic Thought Jump concept is indeed simple, but Patrick spends over an hour explaining all the nuances and providing several routines utilizing the concept. He also explains the thought processes behind his routining and explains several techniques, these have applications beyond Thought Jump. Oddly, the real highlight might be the Spirit Bell, so practical. One of those ideas I thought couldn't possibly work, but it does, exactly how Patrick describes it.

The one consideration is that the jump is auto-activated, rather than manually activated.

The Thought Jump concept is effective, and beyond that there are plenty of valuable ideas and techniques shared in this download. Worth the full asking price and a bargain at the current sale price. This is one of the increasingly rare instances where what you see is what you get. If what you see on the trailer is something you can use, go for it.
Fred E. Bert
View Profile
Veteran user
New York, NY
359 Posts

Profile of Fred E. Bert
For $10 I got way more than I expected. The video is 64 minutes and Patrick goes in depth on several billet techniques and seance ideas. The "jump" effect totally fits into a routine I'm developing, so I will definitely be using this. Whenever I spend $ on something that's going straight into my repertoire, I'm happy Smile
MagicBrent
View Profile
Inner circle
2574 Posts

Profile of MagicBrent
This is a steal! I enjoyed it immensely. The bonus with the spirit bell was worth the price to me.
fireisyummy
View Profile
Loyal user
209 Posts

Profile of fireisyummy
Okay. I'm convinced. Just bought it. Won't have time to watch it for a few days.
robvh
View Profile
Elite user
Calgary, AB
440 Posts

Profile of robvh
Are these methods covered in Patrick's Penguin Magic LIVE lecture too or is this video the only place they're available?
mikelsc
View Profile
Regular user
139 Posts

Profile of mikelsc
The methods are not in the Penguin Live. I don't even think there's such PK effect taught in his Penguin Live.

The idea is pretty simple, but Patrick goes in depth into how to get in and out of it. There's also several billet techniques and how to make a spirit bell (briefly) in the video. If you like the promo video and how it looks, you might enjoy this download.
Patrick Redford
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1751 Posts

Profile of Patrick Redford
The Thought Jump material is not currently available anywhere else besides this download.
Tom Jorgenson
View Profile
Inner circle
LOOSE ANGLES, CALIFORNIA
4451 Posts

Profile of Tom Jorgenson
Heads up, According to the website, this price holds until Midnight only, then doubles in price to the $20.... FYI.
We dance an invisible dance to music they cannot hear.
ranpink
View Profile
Loyal user
Los Angeles
252 Posts

Profile of ranpink
Patrick showed this to me at Mindvention around 4 years ago. I loved it then and I love it even better now that he gave us "the whole shabang" - as he puts it. This is so much more than what you see in the demo. Patrick teaches some very cool billet techniques and important subtleties as well as a special treat with the singing wine glass. The routines are top notch.
Patrick Redford always delivers the goods so it's no surprise that this is a winner. Smile
Creator of CUT

T-REX

Abnormal Behavior

ZEN SYSTEM

tāctilis

White Room

Think Pink - Central Intelligence

http://www.worldwidemagic.com
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7528 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On Mar 3, 2016, ranpink wrote:
Patrick showed this to me at Mindvention around 4 years ago. I loved it then and I love it even better now that he gave us "the whole shabang" - as he puts it. This is so much more than what you see in the demo. Patrick teaches some very cool billet techniques and important subtleties as well as a special treat with the singing wine glass. The routines are top notch.
Patrick Redford always delivers the goods so it's no surprise that this is a winner. Smile

Agree with Ran's review. This was a bargain at $10.00 and I feel still very much worth the $20.00 price tag!

Great stuff!!

RNK

And no MichaelMann this is not Patrick.
Check out Bafflingbob.com
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Mr Redford, well done sir...this is very under priced and is a unique and visually interesting piece of work..very smartly put together...if I had a hat I'd tip it to you, or doff it...
I've asked to be banned
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Thought Jump by Patrick Redford (31 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL