The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Infallible Prediction and Online Instructions by Mago Larry (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
gtx magic
View Profile
Special user
United Kingdom England
793 Posts

Profile of gtx magic
Available from Alakazam Magic



Graham
Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
chrislomas
View Profile
Regular user
Coningsby, Lincs
129 Posts

Profile of chrislomas
I really like the look of this. Does any one know if any card can be selected or only a certain one or two?
Calvin826
View Profile
Elite user
431 Posts

Profile of Calvin826
Is it thinking like a magician to wonder why the envelopes are needed? Will the spec wonder as well?
JoelDickinson
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1300 Posts

Profile of JoelDickinson
Looking at the method you could make it appear as if the cards have been selected for sure. This is a clever idea, the envelopes make it appear really random and the effect will leave people baffled.
REALWORKERS.CO.UK
TADAA.CO.UK - ASTONISHING MAGIC
TuneHV
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1795 Posts

Profile of TuneHV
Quote:
On Mar 3, 2016, Calvin826 wrote:
Is it thinking like a magician to wonder why the envelopes are needed? Will the spec wonder as well?


I thought that as well, but figured you can justify the envelopes by saying they are just to be extra fair in case they think you marked the cards to give you an advantage.
David Jonathan
- - - - - - - - - -
With The Band | SNAPS | You Know | CAANWICH | Fourtunate | Destined | Wrong Turn | Fortuity | Arbitrium | Sovereign Sandwich | RudiMental

More Info: www.davidjonathanmagic.com
chrislomas
View Profile
Regular user
Coningsby, Lincs
129 Posts

Profile of chrislomas
Quote:
On Mar 3, 2016, JoelDickinson wrote:
Looking at the method you could make it appear as if the cards have been selected for sure. This is a clever idea, the envelopes make it appear really random and the effect will leave people baffled.


Joel, so can only a few cards be used for the reveal then?
Ray Chelt
View Profile
Inner circle
Changing the world with my
1279 Posts

Profile of Ray Chelt
Nice !!
Ray Chelt
View Profile
Inner circle
Changing the world with my
1279 Posts

Profile of Ray Chelt
Just strikes me, thinking on this one , that the demo shows the 1 in 5 time that the spectator can examine the card.

Could be wrong but I have a suspicion that 4 out of 5 times it isn't quite as clean as the demo.
cardbiker
View Profile
Inner circle
1261 Posts

Profile of cardbiker
Nice trick but as Peter said very simple wouldn't pay £25 for it
TuneHV
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1795 Posts

Profile of TuneHV
Quote:
On Mar 4, 2016, Ray Chelt wrote:
Just strikes me, thinking on this one , that the demo shows the 1 in 5 time that the spectator can examine the card.

Could be wrong but I have a suspicion that 4 out of 5 times it isn't quite as clean as the demo.


I agree, I think Peter got lucky in that performance to end so cleanly.
David Jonathan
- - - - - - - - - -
With The Band | SNAPS | You Know | CAANWICH | Fourtunate | Destined | Wrong Turn | Fortuity | Arbitrium | Sovereign Sandwich | RudiMental

More Info: www.davidjonathanmagic.com
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
4972 Posts

Profile of RNK
Hopefully Peter can shed some light on whether or not what was shown in the demo was the best case scenario or if that is exactly how the routine will go every time?
NeilS
View Profile
Inner circle
2452 Posts

Profile of NeilS
Good presentation but again would like to know if this was the best case scenario.
Fligmupple
View Profile
New user
This account will expire in
82 Posts

Profile of Fligmupple
Yes, there are two possibilities. The one shown in the video happens 20% of the time, and the other possibility happens 80% of the time. But the difference in presentation is so tiny, and you must admit, would not affect the trick in spectator's eyes one bit.

This is coming from the guy who really hates deceptive demo videos (yes, I'm talking to you Steam 2.0). But I find no issue at all with this video. Regardless of which possibility occurs, it's the exact same trick.
Ray Chelt
View Profile
Inner circle
Changing the world with my
1279 Posts

Profile of Ray Chelt
Quote:
On Mar 4, 2016, Fligmupple wrote:
Yes, there are two possibilities. The one shown in the video happens 20% of the time, and the other possibility happens 80% of the time. But the difference in presentation is so tiny, and you must admit, would not affect the trick in spectator's eyes one bit.

This is coming from the guy who really hates deceptive demo videos (yes, I'm talking to you Steam 2.0). But I find no issue at all with this video. Regardless of which possibility occurs, it's the exact same trick.


I don't disagree in the main, it's a good trick either way. But in the 20% scenario you have the added convincer of the spec being able to turn the card over and everything is totally clean.
TuneHV
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1795 Posts

Profile of TuneHV
Agree its minor- its what separates the effect from a magician fooler or not, but still should play just as strong to lay audiences.
David Jonathan
- - - - - - - - - -
With The Band | SNAPS | You Know | CAANWICH | Fourtunate | Destined | Wrong Turn | Fortuity | Arbitrium | Sovereign Sandwich | RudiMental

More Info: www.davidjonathanmagic.com
Marc O
View Profile
Special user
The Netherlands
744 Posts

Profile of Marc O
Could this be used for any kind of prediction such as 5 business cards or 5 pieces of paper with something different written on them?
Demitri
View Profile
Loyal user
286 Posts

Profile of Demitri
Unbelievable!! This is ripped straight out of Corinda! The most basic research could and should have been done before this guy released this. I would say at the very least, I hope he credited Corinda... but I have my doubts.

Page 116 - hope you lose sales, Mago Larry.
IanB
View Profile
Loyal user
Derby
203 Posts

Profile of IanB
Prediction Impossible by Jay Sankey is the same effect only using ESP symbols.
Chamberlain
View Profile
Special user
631 Posts

Profile of Chamberlain
From reading Corinda just now it does look like the same effect, even the way peter puts the 4 underneath the packet to flash the blue back. The only tiny difference is the the way the envelopes are handled but aside from that its 95% Corinda. Not worth £25 imho
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
5649 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Quote:
On Mar 5, 2016, IanB wrote:

Prediction Impossible by Jay Sankey is the same effect only using ESP symbols.



Quote:
On Mar 5, 2016, Chamberlain wrote:

From reading Corinda just now it does look like the same effect, even the way peter puts the 4 underneath the packet to flash the blue back. The only tiny difference is the the way the envelopes are handled but aside from that its 95% Corinda. Not worth £25 imho


Yes, both are the same.

While keeping working of this effect 'as is', one can always suitably change the way this effect can be presented/performed; and that is exactly what has been done by Jay Shankey & Mago Larry.

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET, there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Infallible Prediction and Online Instructions by Mago Larry (3 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL