The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The January & February 2016 entrée: Xavior Spade » » How to you practice? » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

mikelsc
View Profile
Regular user
139 Posts

Profile of mikelsc
Hi Xavior!

Most magic books and tutorials talk about "what to do" and "how to do", few talk about the process which to acquire the techniques. How do you practice, learn, and modify sleights and techniques? How do you see a problem in the technique and develop your own touch? Thank you!
XaviorSpade
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York City
124 Posts

Profile of XaviorSpade
That's a good question. Honesty I find the best practice is trial and error and finding some friends who will be honest with you and not blow smoke up you know where. First I focus on technique the. I try to get it comfortable then watch myself do it usually through video on my phone or anywhere there is a reflection until it lookes the way I want it to. I try to really pay attention to how it feels and looks instead of saying it's good enough. It's never good enough for me and it's a constant struggle to get things the way I want them
mikelsc
View Profile
Regular user
139 Posts

Profile of mikelsc
Thanks for the answer! Looking forward to your AT THE TABLE lecture!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The January & February 2016 entrée: Xavior Spade » » How to you practice? » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL