The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Bill Test by Erik Casey (44 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
Ross W
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
1558 Posts

Profile of Ross W
I just received this promo from Penguin.

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/6749

Thing is, I can't really see what's so great? Couldn't you achieve exactly that effect with a duplicate bill corner which you add to the one taken from the spec's fist?
Author, "Time Travelling With A Hamster" (HarperCollins)
"What Not To Do If You Turn Invisible" (Harper Collins)
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Time-Travelling-......+hamster
https://www.amazon.co.uk/What-Not-You-Tu......nvisible
Twitter: @rosswelford
Blog: dadfood.wordpress.com
brandon90
View Profile
Special user
Atlanta
534 Posts

Profile of brandon90
Greg Wilson's involved... it's gotta be good.
JustJoshinMagic
View Profile
Special user
Sunny Orlando
818 Posts

Profile of JustJoshinMagic
I think the major advantage here is that you can borrow practically any bill and you're ready to go, so pocket management wise, you'll always be ready. I know most of the guys in the trailer, and I know that if they're involved, then its certainly a kick ass project
Check out my magic here:
http://JustJoshinMagic.com

and my official Instagram!
http://instagram.com/JustJoshinMagic
RSchlutz
View Profile
V.I.P.
473 Posts

Profile of RSchlutz
I was shown this a couple years back and remember just smiling and going "Yes! I am doing this starting tomorrow" Sure enough the next day while at a bar I borrowed two bills and went for it. Since that day I always have it on me. I am mainly a card guy so I am always on the look out for an easy non card effects. A typical set list for me these days would be.....Double Cross, Think Pink, some card trick and Bill test! It rounds me out just right.

Ryan
On The Offbeat
View Profile
Loyal user
272 Posts

Profile of On The Offbeat
But that's a BIG question, can you REALLY borrow any bill? Any style, any denomination?
RSchlutz
View Profile
V.I.P.
473 Posts

Profile of RSchlutz
Offbeat... Speaking for US currency.

In theory yes you can truly do with any two bills. However the way I have mine I need to control what one of the two bills. So in we US we have 1, 5, 10, 20 and 100. I am set to do with a 1 or 5. So as long as one of the borrow bills is a 1 or 5 I am good to go. NOW I could easily make an adjustment and be set for all 5 types of bills but I just didn't see the point since forcing one of the Borrow bills to be a 1 and 5 is super easy.

Ryan
eboetcker
View Profile
Regular user
Jacksonville, FL
177 Posts

Profile of eboetcker
With the gimmicks supplied, you are ready to go with these combinations of bills:
$1-5
$1-10
$1-20
$1-50
$1-100
$5-10
$5-20
$5-50
$5-100
$10-20
$10-100
$20-50
$20-100
$50-100

That is a lot of combinations. But, I teach you how to make your own gimmicks as well, and you're provided with stuff to make the gimmick "better" as well. With that being said, if your currency is foldable, you're in the clear. But there will be some arts and crafts.

Note: the only combo not included is $10-50. And there is a reason for that. There is practically 0 chance of two spectators have just a $10 and a $50. $20's and $5's are kings in this world.
eboetcker
View Profile
Regular user
Jacksonville, FL
177 Posts

Profile of eboetcker
Also, I come here on and off, but I will answer as many questions as possible. As to the comment that started this thread, it is a little more complicated than that. lol.
Ceierry
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1226 Posts

Profile of Ceierry
Can we use Euros? Smile Different sizes different colors Smile
10S Star Sign Divination AVAILABLE WITH FREE EBOOK !
olivier.ceierry@gmail.com
RSchlutz
View Profile
V.I.P.
473 Posts

Profile of RSchlutz
Erik: I can't believe I forgot about $50s. Lol. Really don't see them much.

Ryan
Mike OJ
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of Mike OJ
Can the effect be performed as a stage opener? Just take a bill, from the audience, change it quickly then hand it back? Or is the 'clamp down on your card' part required? Sorry if this question is poorly worded. I actually don't know any bill switches and would really like to learn one! But really, really nice effect, I love how gorgeous it works.
TazBo
View Profile
Veteran user
UK
352 Posts

Profile of TazBo
Can you use UK currency? £5-00, £10-00, £20-00 and £50-00
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2159 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
I just ordered this from Penguin and watched the download. Cant wait for the gimmick.This looks real good. A winner for sure. This is one I will have with me all the time.
On The Offbeat
View Profile
Loyal user
272 Posts

Profile of On The Offbeat
Quote:
On Mar 8, 2016, eboetcker wrote:
With the gimmicks supplied, you are ready to go with these combinations of bills:
$1-5
$1-10
$1-20
$1-50
$1-100
$5-10
$5-20
$5-50
$5-100
$10-20
$10-100
$20-50
$20-100
$50-100

So it's still not clear to me. Sounds then like it is necessary to carry around all those listed as separate gimmicks? Or is it one or a couple can handle all?
John McLaughlin
View Profile
Veteran user
Gloucester, Massachusetts
374 Posts

Profile of John McLaughlin
Just ordered this as well. I'm not an arts and crafts guy, bit I'm sure I van handle this. Erik. Just curious which version of the gimmick do you prefer, (without giving anything away) the one you provide or the one you can make at home. ?
...NSA John McLaughlin, not CIA John McLaughlin
eboetcker
View Profile
Regular user
Jacksonville, FL
177 Posts

Profile of eboetcker
Quote:
On Mar 8, 2016, On The Offbeat wrote:
Quote:
On Mar 8, 2016, eboetcker wrote:
$1-5
$1-10
$1-20
$1-50
$1-100
$5-10
$5-20
$5-50
$5-100
$10-20
$10-100
$20-50
$20-100
$50-100

So it's still not clear to me. Sounds then like it is necessary to carry around all those listed as separate gimmicks? Or is it one or a couple can handle all?

Sorry for the confusion! No, you don't need a ton of gimmicks!! I don't want to give to much away, but..... The gimmick is very versatile.
eboetcker
View Profile
Regular user
Jacksonville, FL
177 Posts

Profile of eboetcker
Quote:
On Mar 8, 2016, John McLaughlin wrote:
Just ordered this as well. I'm not an arts and crafts guy, bit I'm sure I van handle this. Erik. Just curious which version of the gimmick do you prefer, (without giving anything away) the one you provide or the one you can make at home. ?

For years I've used the one I teach how to make, but lately I've been using the one I provide to make sure beforehand that it works right. And man, I do love it. For those who have seen the download, I'd take the provided gimmick and make a replica of that, because I think the care that you guys would show to making a gimmick would still be better than the ones I've made for you.
So all in all, the one I provide is great, but I'd still encourage you to make one personal to yourself. I also think it encourages creativity when you're making your own gimmick.
eboetcker
View Profile
Regular user
Jacksonville, FL
177 Posts

Profile of eboetcker
Not saying my gimmick isn't good! It truly is. But, one made by you guys will be better I bet. But seriously, the included gimmick is great! This trick does not require arts and crafts unless you want it to.
jackaboy
View Profile
Veteran user
universities aren't interested in my
303 Posts

Profile of jackaboy
So plastic moneys out then?
John T. Sheets
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, USA
1132 Posts

Profile of John T. Sheets
I'd like to say congratulations to Eric on his release of "Bill Test". However, it looks very similar to an effect that I released way back in 2005 called "Atomic Bills", which happens to be scheduled to be re-released very soon by Kosmo (of Reel Magic Magazine) on a DVD called "Cool Cash".

I'm curious what the differences are between this effect and mine? I'd love to know if/how they're different. Can anyone compare these? I've also sent a PM to Eric, and I'm looking forward to his reply.

Thanks!!

Magically,
John
www.johnTsheets.com

See the "Quantum Bender 3.0" trailer here... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkTVw9FjonE

See my Dove Act here... https://youtu.be/Ms7_u46Qpp0

See the "Energy Bender" trailer here... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpJOfL0k8xA

See the "Table of Death" in Las Vegas trailer here... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YivizLAKD7I
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Bill Test by Erik Casey (44 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.25 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL