The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magicians of old » » Walter Cummings (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Micha-el
View Profile
Regular user
123 Posts

Profile of Micha-el
Julie,
You are welcome.

Leo H,
From my post, you can see that this thread got me thinking about the past. So I went down to the basement and rummaged through old files. I am attaching what I found. First, my memory was imperfect. The lecture was in Poughkeepsie NY, not Hartford, CT. (I had moved to Hartford, in 1972, but grew up in Poughkeepsie NY, so was still on the Al Baker Assembly mailing list.) What I am attaching is a photo of an article in the Poughkeepsie Journal. It was a nice write-up about WC and his visit to the Al Baker SAM Assembly. I don't think the photo shows the print or pictures very well (I don't know how to preview the attachment in this post.) but if you are interested in a better quality picture of the article let me know and I'll try to figure out how to get it to you.
Regards,
Barry
Micha-el
View Profile
Regular user
123 Posts

Profile of Micha-el
Leo H,
Sorry, but I think the jpg file was too big. I'll try again with a smaller file. If this doesn't work then please PM me if you are interested in a photo of the article.
Regards,
Barry

Click here to view attached image.
andolini
View Profile
New user
norwood,ma
74 Posts

Profile of andolini
Ray goulet at the magic art studio used to sell a vcr tape of walter teaching some of his manipulation
Leo H
View Profile
Inner circle
1334 Posts

Profile of Leo H
Sonny Narvaez among others has mentioned this video before. Doesn't look like it would be easily available.

Barry kindly sent me that clip out of Cummings. Sensational! Thanks again Barry!
thebeav55
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of thebeav55
I saw Walter perform at a Mauny convention in Batavia, NY in 1976 or 1977......He was fabulous. I'll have to see if I have some photos stashed away.
Paul
Leo H
View Profile
Inner circle
1334 Posts

Profile of Leo H
That's wonderful Paul!
Russo
View Profile
Inner circle
So.California / Centl.Florida / retired Florida
1167 Posts

Profile of Russo
Jose Frackson was a great Spanish Close up Magician - knew him in the 50-70s - L. A. calif. He once lectured how he went to a Night Club gig - all he had was a SMALL case(lunch box size) - the Club owner said 'NO WAY" - Jose asked for a 1 night gig - just to show what he could do - - All Jose did, was Coins-Cards- Cigaretts for 15 - 20 minutes- after the performance - He got 6 week gig at TOP $$> Ralph
wthierry
View Profile
New user
19 Posts

Profile of wthierry
Back in the late 80's I became friends with Shaun Robison, we used to go visit Walter at his office on Saturday mornings. Yes, he was older then, in his 80's but he still went to his office regularly and met with friends, told stories, painted pencils to look like magic wands... He was an amazing man. Is all he wanted from us was to bring him coffee, and he would do endless slights which was amazing to watch. Magic was more of a hobby for me, however Shaun took his tips and learnings from Walter and has made quite a living with it! For more details on Walter, contact Shaun, he is probably the best encyclopedia on this amazing man.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magicians of old » » Walter Cummings (4 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL